Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Considering how she was ( I have a hard time saying or thinking this) disposed of, why would her clothes (jacket and associated items, and sneakers) be in a different location? Why put those things elsewhere, and not with the rest of her? If you're thinking no one will ever find her, why put/place/throw those things where they COULD be found, even if the expectation was that no one would be looking for them?

I've thought of this myself. The person didn't dispose of her belongings in just one place, but two. (I say "this person" because no one has been arrested yet, so although one particular person appears to be our man, he's technically innocent until proven guilty.) One thing I thought of was, this was probably a rushed job. Not thought out well. Perhaps the body was disposed of first. Then this person realized her belongings were still in the vehicle. He thought of a deserted area and threw the stuff out there. Then while removing evidence from the back of the van (the rug perhaps) he found her shoes. He threw the rug and shoes into the dumpster, possibly assuming no one would ever think to look there, and if they did, wouldn't make the connection. That's just my own theory, but I'm sure we could come up with many others. There's also a possibility one person disposed of the body while another person disposed of her belongings (accidently forgetting the shoes in the vehicle). Just a thought.

Considering how she was ( I have a hard time saying or thinking this) disposed of, why would her clothes (jacket and associated items, and sneakers) be in a different location? Why put those things elsewhere, and not with the rest of her? If you're thinking no one will ever find her, why put/place/throw those things where they COULD be found, even if the expectation was that no one would be looking for them?

It's also possible this person was hoping that, if her body was recovered, it wouldn't be identified. Placing her belongings with the body would allow for an easier identification. Her loose belongings could have also floated to the surface (if she was being anchored down) and brought attention to that area...

I've thought of this myself. The person didn't dispose of her belongings in just one place, but two. (I say "this person" because no one has been arrested yet, so although one particular person appears to be our man, he's technically innocent until proven guilty.) One thing I thought of was, this was probably a rushed job. Not thought out well. Perhaps the body was disposed of first. Then this person realized her belongings were still in the vehicle. He thought of a deserted area and threw the stuff out there. Then while removing evidence from the back of the van (the rug perhaps) he found her shoes. He threw the rug and shoes into the dumpster, possibly assuming no one would ever think to look there, and if they did, wouldn't make the connection. That's just my own theory, but I'm sure we could come up with many others. There's also a possibility one person disposed of the body while another person disposed of her belongings (accidently forgetting the shoes in the vehicle). Just a thought.

I do keep asking questions, and I am following and agreeing with your line of thought. I really thank you for your responses to a lot of what have been questions that pop into my head at 2AM in subconscious thought.

Am I allowed to swear here? For a case that by all accounts was not thought out, rushed, sloppy, cleaned up in what appears to be a piecemeal manner, by a person who is not that bright. I am f'n pizzed that no one has been charged, or named a POI (, really). Findjaimee said this is the third time the grand jury has been convened, and yet STILL nothing?? REALLY?? :banghead::gaah:

Another similar missing person/murder case posted by the mother on her personal FB page: http://www.donnajou.com/Timeline.html

Uhhhh... How disturbing this is, to think this murderer is going to be free again in just 1 year. I feel bad for the family. However, I don't know what pleading for LE to reopen case would really do since the guy who was convicted plead guilty and served his (pathetic amount of) time. What more could LE do? Were they just hoping to locate her body?

I do keep asking questions, and I am following and agreeing with your line of thought. I really thank you for your responses to a lot of what have been questions that pop into my head at 2AM in subconscious thought.

Am I allowed to swear here? For a case that by all accounts was not thought out, rushed, sloppy, cleaned up in what appears to be a piecemeal manner, by a person who is not that bright. I am f'n pizzed that no one has been charged, or named a POI (, really). Findjaimee said this is the third time the grand jury has been convened, and yet STILL nothing?? REALLY?? :banghead::gaah:

I'm suspecting and hoping that LE is waiting until they have all possible evidence, in order to make this an open and closed case. It's tough to prove murder without a body, so now that they have a body they are hopefully just waiting on the COD. It does make me wonder what the grand jury meetings were regarding. Perhaps just about specific issues related to the case? I can kind of see why they met prior to finding a body, to see if there was enough evidence to convict him of murder without locating her, but now that they found her I'm shocked they didn't wait until the COD was determined. Unless, like I said before, it was regarding one specific issue and not the entire case as a whole.

I'm suspecting and hoping that LE is waiting until they have all possible evidence, in order to make this an open and closed case. It's tough to prove murder without a body, so now that they have a body they are hopefully just waiting on the COD. It does make me wonder what the grand jury meetings were regarding. Perhaps just about specific issues related to the case? I can kind of see why they met prior to finding a body, to see if there was enough evidence to convict him of murder without locating her, but now that they found her I'm shocked they didn't wait until the COD was determined. Unless, like I said before, it was regarding one specific issue and not the entire case as a whole.

Or maybe they are worrying the suspect might flee, so they are trying to rush the indictment....? I do recall reading somewhere that prosecutors do not like to present all evidence in front of a grand jury (since the person being indicted can later obtain a copy of the transcript), so maybe they don't think the COD is really all that important in this instance.

Stories like these do not give me much hope that there will be either a full autopsy or a determination of COD any time soon. Over 7 years of delays and frustrations for families, and seemingly all for lack of funding.

March 2007: http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...s_overwhelm_medical_examiner_staff/?page=full
May 2013: http://www.gazettenet.com/home/6288201-95/autopsy-waits-distress-grieving-family-members
March 2014: http://www.wggb.com/2014/03/03/medical-examiner-delays-lead-to-court-delays-frustations/
June 2014: http://wgbhnews.org/post/crisis-medical-examiners-office-punishing-survivors
September 2014: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/26...er-delays-causing-heartache-for-mass-families
Monday March 2, 2015 (3 days ago): http://wgbhnews.org/post/mass-autopsy-backlog-remains-despite-medical-examiner-progress

Here’s a quote that has been attributed to Ben Franklin, "One can tell the morals of a culture by the way they treat their dead."

Wow, I had no idea autopsies could get so backed up. So then maybe prosecutors are worried it could take forever, so best to just get the ball rolling....

Stories like these do not give me much hope that there will be either a full autopsy or a determination of COD any time soon. Over 7 years of delays and frustrations for families, and seemingly all for lack of funding.

March 2007: http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...s_overwhelm_medical_examiner_staff/?page=full
May 2013: http://www.gazettenet.com/home/6288201-95/autopsy-waits-distress-grieving-family-members
March 2014: http://www.wggb.com/2014/03/03/medical-examiner-delays-lead-to-court-delays-frustations/
June 2014: http://wgbhnews.org/post/crisis-medical-examiners-office-punishing-survivors
September 2014: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/26...er-delays-causing-heartache-for-mass-families
Monday March 2, 2015 (3 days ago): http://wgbhnews.org/post/mass-autopsy-backlog-remains-despite-medical-examiner-progress

Here’s a quote that has been attributed to Ben Franklin, "One can tell the morals of a culture by the way they treat their dead."

I may have worded that a bit confusingly, so just to clarify...

The delays for any one family to receive an autopsy report or COD can be 1-2 years, but in general that type of delay across the board for all cases being reviewed by the medical examiner has been going on for over 7 years, with no real improvement in decreasing the length of time it takes to determine COD or provide a death certificate. In Massachusetts at any one time there are thousands of families in limbo, whose suffering is extended beyond what is reasonable, with no ability for closure.

Interesting possibility-them going to another location after spring road. If she was on Spring Road and made the call saying she was nervous, then if this other location is true (understandably just conjecture for now) then I don't think she would have gone to that location willingly. MOO.

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-e...cle_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html

Fleury said he was with his girlfriend later on the night of Nov. 6 and would not have had time to “hide a body so well in four hours so 700 people can’t find her,”

I'm still not convinced it's a car charger. Here' s scenario option.

They could have gone somewhere after Spring Road, she plugged in her phone with THEIR charger whatever house or apartment it was. Something happened. Someone grabbed the phone AND the charger, thinking it was hers to put into her pocket. He took the jacket to dump somewhere else. Then someone else (maybe who he was talking to earlier) took the body. That's why he says he did not have time. He had time to do the jacket, but not that AND the body. While this person dumps the jacket they break the phone so it cannot be readable, instead of just pulling the sim card. A person not too bright might not realize the sim card could still be pulled and read. Was it? I dunno.

In this scenario the person with the jacket might not realize the charger was not hers. Discussion happens later with the "cleaner" person, jacket person mentions the charger, cleaner person says, uh-oh, that was mine. Now jacket person has to say the charger was theirs, because they cannot mention the other person.

I wonder what/whose/if finger prints were found on the charger.

findjaimee,

If you're checking in, please know some of us are too. You and your family and Justice for Jaimee are no less in our thoughts or our hope and wish.

Wishing you and the family strength and perseverance.

http://www.itemlive.com/news/item-e...cle_22422f0e-6b8a-11e4-ab28-139fce571f81.html

Fleury said he was with his girlfriend later on the night of Nov. 6 and would not have had time to “hide a body so well in four hours so 700 people can’t find her,”

I'm still not convinced it's a car charger. Here' s scenario option.

They could have gone somewhere after Spring Road, she plugged in her phone with THEIR charger whatever house or apartment it was. Something happened. Someone grabbed the phone AND the charger, thinking it was hers to put into her pocket. He took the jacket to dump somewhere else. Then someone else (maybe who he was talking to earlier) took the body. That's why he says he did not have time. He had time to do the jacket, but not that AND the body. While this person dumps the jacket they break the phone so it cannot be readable, instead of just pulling the sim card. A person not too bright might not realize the sim card could still be pulled and read. Was it? I dunno.

In this scenario the person with the jacket might not realize the charger was not hers. Discussion happens later with the "cleaner" person, jacket person mentions the charger, cleaner person says, uh-oh, that was mine. Now jacket person has to say the charger was theirs, because they cannot mention the other person.

I wonder what/whose/if finger prints were found on the charger.

Possible, but not likely.

I just don't understand how with her stuff being dumped at a CVS dumpster, which they have cameras everywhere (inside and out), coupled with the phone call, the carpet, and everything else we have been told....why he hasn't been arrested? Why have they gone to GJ three times but no indictment? I just feel like everything said is an open and closed case, for an arrest.

I mean based on what we have been told there is so much stacked against him, so why is he not arrested? What am I missing?

MA isnt much for no body cases, tbh. At least that is my impression. Her case is compelling now because no one can claim she took off and left her son voluntarily, depending on what the ME finds. Everything they had wasnt direct evidence of a crime, it was direct evidence in regards to her presence with him before she disappeared. Now there is a crime. Looking at all of the evidence, and this is just the stuff we know about, in the context of a crime that has been committed (at least imo) is a completely different thing.

MA isnt much for no body cases, tbh. At least that is my impression. Her case is compelling now because no one can claim she took off and left her son voluntarily, depending on what the ME finds. Everything they had wasnt direct evidence of a crime, it was direct evidence in regards to her presence with him before she disappeared. Now there is a crime. Looking at all of the evidence, and this is just the stuff we know about, in the context of a crime that has been committed (at least imo) is a completely different thing.

Exactly. LE wants to hold whoever accountable for what they did, not what they are assuming he did. Before, there was no way to know for sure she didn't leave and he wasn't just helping her cover her tracks. Now we have a body, so now we have a crime. The question they will have to answer now is, what to charge the suspect with? Do they wait until a COD is determined, or attempt to prove murder without a COD, murder weapon, and motive. Unless, of course, LE DOES have these things and they just aren't making it known to the public, which is quite possible.

I just don't understand how with her stuff being dumped at a CVS dumpster, which they have cameras everywhere (inside and out), coupled with the phone call, the carpet, and everything else we have been told....why he hasn't been arrested? Why have they gone to GJ three times but no indictment? I just feel like everything said is an open and closed case, for an arrest.

I mean based on what we have been told there is so much stacked against him, so why is he not arrested? What am I missing?

Playing Devil's advocate here. Someone above said the cameras aren't very good, so the view or views at CVS may not be acceptable for admission in court. If you are an angry parent and you find evidence in a dumpster you might pull it out and inadvertently contaminate it. Now it can't be used in court. If you go to someone's home and see a "bedroom" in the back of a vehicle owned by someone you think raped your daughter you might touch something inside, and inadvertently contamionate it. Now it can't be used in court. The call places her in his presence, but is not evidence of murder. Everything is circumstantial, no hard proof. Even the father said they may have a hard time confirming cause of death. The whole thin is just tragic and sad.

Playing Devil's advocate here. Someone above said the cameras aren't very good, so the view or views at CVS may not be acceptable for admission in court. If you are an angry parent and you find evidence in a dumpster you might pull it out and inadvertently contaminate it. Now it can't be used in court. If you go to someone's home and see a "bedroom" in the back of a vehicle owned by someone you think raped your daughter you might touch something inside, and inadvertently contamionate it. Now it can't be used in court. The call places her in his presence, but is not evidence of murder. Everything is circumstantial, no hard proof. Even the father said they may have a hard time confirming cause of death. The whole thin is just tragic and sad.

We check in often and appreciate all you do

-Alyssa Mendez

findjaimee,

If you're checking in, please know some of us are too. You and your family and Justice for Jaimee are no less in our thoughts or our hope and wish.

Wishing you and the family strength and perseverance.

Well said. The wheels may be turning slowly, but they are turning. I am convinced. :hug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back