GUILTY MA - Jassy Correia, 23, last seen at club Venu, phone shut off, Boston, 24 Feb 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well , if he tries to claim she overdosed -- and he panicked... then why did he have her in his trunk ?
My guess is that he was planning to dump her , where she'd be hidden ?
Maybe they need to find out where he was headed in case he has other bodies concealed somewhere ?

And wtf was that bit about the mutilation/desecration of her corpse ? Good god.

I assume more charges will be added once the autopsy is done.
Agreed:

SOURCE: Detectives found bleach at Louis Coleman’s place on Chestnut Street in Providence. They are trying to figure out where it was purchased from by reviewing surveillance video. At this hour,sources say, the medical examiners findings will be crucial going further. @boston25
Malini Basu on Twitter

Also:
Press Releases
blank.gif
Statement on investigation into Louis Coleman
Statement from Kristy dosReis, Public Information Officer

"The Providence Police Department, working with the Rhode Island Office of Attorney General, has filed a criminal complaint in Rhode Island charging Louis Coleman (age 32) of Providence, Rhode Island with kidnapping, failure to report death, and mutilation of a dead body. All documents in this case remain confidential at this time. It is not known at this time when the defenddant will be brought back to Rhode Island to appear in court. Our office will have no further comment on this matter until the defendant appears in court."
RI.gov: Rhode Island Government

All BBM

Hopefully, the autopsy will help LE determine the location where Jassy was killed, so that Coleman can be charged with murder in that jurisdiction.

Or he very well may be facing murder and other charges at the federal level.

Last edited:
Well , if he tries to claim she overdosed -- and he panicked... then why did he have her in his trunk ?
My guess is that he was planning to dump her , where she'd be hidden ?
Maybe they need to find out where he was headed in case he has other bodies concealed somewhere ?

And wtf was that bit about the mutilation/desecration of her corpse ? Good god.

he left his apt w two suitcases.

I know this is petty as hell, but I rather enjoyed reading the remarks from LC's former professor.

"fairly smart"
"didn't leave much of an impression"

A closer look at Louis Coleman III, the man charged in connection with Jassy Correia’s death - The Boston Globe

Also interesting that he contacted the police on 2/17 about someone continually knocking on his door. They wouldn't respond when he asked who it was, and he was 'afraid to go outside'

Sounds like he was a legend in his own mind.

“Correia was out on Sunday night at the Venu nightclub in downtown Boston before getting into a car believed to be driven by Coleman. A search started in Boston. Evidence led investigators to the residence of 32-year-old Coleman in Providence, Rhode Island.

[SBM]

[Boston Police Commissioner William] Gross said investigators are ‘moving methodically’ and examining the evidence. Further charges against Coleman could come out of Rollins office or federal charges could come from the office of U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling.

[SBM

[Suffolk District Attorney Rachael] Rollins said she and Gross and their team of investigators have been in constant contact with the other jurisdictions investigating Correia’s death. Rollins called the investigation a ‘complicated and complex’ case.

Correia’s body is currently with the Delaware medical examiner’s office.

Rollins said where the case will be tried will depend on where the evidence leads investigators.

‘But let me be clear. We agree that, if possible, this case belongs here in Boston, either in Suffolk County or in the U.S. District Courts of Massachusetts,’ Rollins said. ‘Jassy was and is a part of our community. Her family is a part of our community. And her community deserves the chance to see justice done in this city.’

[SBM]

This is the second time in 2019 that a woman leaving an establishment in downtown Boston, a highly populated area, has been kidnapped.

Victor Peña, the 38-year-old man accused of kidnapping a 23-year-old Boston resident in January, was held without bail on Friday as authorities charged him with three counts of aggravated rape.

[SBM]” (BBM)
‘Jassy was and is a part of our community;’ Authorities promise to seek justice for family of slain Jassy Correia

NEW: Sources tell me suspect was seen carrying the missing women into the apartment building on video surveillance then later leaves with two suitcases. The woman is not seen leaving the building and was not found inside the apartment.

Tim White on Twitter

Bbm

I’m late to the game and just now catching up on this thread.....

He carried her into his apartment and then he’s seen later removing two suitcases. And Jassy isn’t seen leaving...sick, sick, sick.

This is really odd. From the Boston Globe:

In addition, Coleman called Providence police on the night of Feb. 17, about a week before Correia was kidnapped, according to call logs provided by the department.

Coleman reported at the time that he could hear someone “continually knocking” at the door to his apartment, but the person wouldn’t answer when he asked who it was. He also said he was afraid to go outside, the report said. No one was located.

Not sure if it's reliable, but I've seen people referencing rape & murders in Brockton, and comparing the WANTED poster to Coleman. There is a resemblance. I'm not sure if his whereabouts coincide? I know I read he was in grad school in California, but he may be graduated by then? Have a look:

Authorities Release Sketch Of Suspect In Brockton Rapes, Murders

This should definitely be investigated. I find it hard to believe that this is a first time offender.

Hopefully, since they have his DNA, it will be. I saw it mentioned on one of the Facebook sites for local Boston news, forget which station. A friend of one of the women from Brockton had posted a screenshot, and there were comments below, including a person saying "He looks like the guy who has been hanging around outside the shelter..."

Someone else had shared this screenshot to the comments, so again, I have no idea if any of it is reliable, but the resemblance is there, IMO.

I believe I read Jassy was living at a shelter in Lynn.

Edited to add: Its 7News WHDH Boston. Not the post near the top of page saying she did not deserve, it's from around 11:30 am.

gredig-group-coleman-louis.jpg

Louis Coleman
Northrop Grumman; Raytheon
Thesis: Model Fitting and Residual Analysis as an Approach to Pulmonary Function Testing
Thomas Gredig - Research Group

“#BREAKING: Is Louis Coleman connected to two unsolved murders and 3 rapes in Brockton? DNA based image from #Brockton on left, Coleman mug on right. DA is looking into it. More @boston25 @NEunsolved #truecrime 5p 6p”
Bob Ward Boston 25 on Twitter

From the article linked in @Beekarina ’s post:
“Investigators believe the suspect was responsible for violent rapes in October 2013, November 2013, and January 2014. In each case the women, who were prostitutes, were picked up in Brockton before being battered and eventually left on the side of the road miles away.

On December 28, 2014, two women’s bodies were found in a wooded area off of North Quincy Street in Brockton. Ashley Mylett and Linda Schufeldt were later identified as the victims.”

From another article:
“Their bodies were found in 2014, almost on top of each other, in a wooded area near the Brockton VFW.

Ashley Mylett, 20, was dismembered.

And near Ashley's body, authorities found the badly decomposed remains of Linda Shufeldt, 50, of Quincy.”
Unsolved: Using genealogy to unlock series of murders, rapes in Brockton

According to Coleman’s personal page (I believe @epiphany was the one who found it; thank you!), he graduated with his undergraduate degree in Aug., 2012, and graduate degree in 2016:
Louis Coleman

And from @Shin Masamura ’s post:
“Louis Coleman
Northrop Grumman; Raytheon”
Found Deceased - MA - Jassy Correia, 23, last seen at club Venu, phone shut off, Boston, Suffolk Co., 24 Feb 2019

I have to find out if this was also the case in 2013 and 2014, but currently, there is a Northrop Grumman location in Providence, R.I.:
Northrop Grumman Jobs - Jobs in rhode island

So now I’m wondering when Coleman worked for Northrop Grumman, and at which location. I’m not sure how long it took him to get his master’s, but if he completed the program in 2016, he probably started in 2013 or 2014, IMO.

If the latter, at least in terms of timeline, it’s quite possible that Coleman is responsible for the unsolved crimes, IMO: He could have been working for N.G. at their Providence location at the time of the rapes in late 2013.

Even if he’d enrolled in 2013, he could have been doing an internship at N.G. in Providence, especially if he started the program in early 2013, IMO.

Either way, I need to find out how long the investigators believe the two murder victims had been deceased when their bodies were found.

I also found an article that states:
“Thanks to cutting-edge analysis by Parabon NanoLabs in Reston, VA, the DNA is also telling authorities the suspect [in the unsolved rapes and murders] was in his mid-twenties at the time of the crimes, of African ancestry, with brown eyes, brown hair, few, if any freckles, and a light skin complexion.“

Coleman would have been 26 or 27 in the fall to winter of 2013.

(All BBM)
D0mrXPSWwAA0BJH

“#BREAKING: Is Louis Coleman connected to two unsolved murders and 3 rapes in Brockton? DNA based image from #Brockton on left, Coleman mug on right. DA is looking into it. More @boston25 @NEunsolved #truecrime 5p 6p”
Bob Ward Boston 25 on Twitter

From the article linked in @Beekarina ’s post:
“Investigators believe the suspect was responsible for violent rapes in October 2013, November 2013, and January 2014. In each case the women, who were prostitutes, were picked up in Brockton before being battered and eventually left on the side of the road miles away.

On December 28, 2014, two women’s bodies were found in a wooded area off of North Quincy Street in Brockton. Ashley Mylett and Linda Schufeldt were later identified as the victims.”

From another article:
“Their bodies were found in 2014, almost on top of each other, in a wooded area near the Brockton VFW.

Ashley Mylett, 20, was dismembered.

And near Ashley's body, authorities found the badly decomposed remains of Linda Shufeldt, 50, of Quincy.”

According to Coleman’s personal page (I believe @epiphany was the one who found it; thank you!), he graduated with his undergraduate degree in Aug., 2012, and graduate degree in 2016:
Louis Coleman

And from @Shin Masamura ’s post:
“Louis Coleman
Northrop Grumman; Raytheon”
Found Deceased - MA - Jassy Correia, 23, last seen at club Venu, phone shut off, Boston, Suffolk Co., 24 Feb 2019

I have to find out if this was also the case in 2013 and 2014, but currently, there is a Northrop Grumman location in Providence, R.I.:
Northrop Grumman Jobs - Jobs in rhode island

So now I’m wondering when Coleman worked for Northrop Grumman, and at which location. I’m not sure how long it took him to get his master’s, but if he completed the program in 2016, he probably started in 2013 or 2014, IMO.

If the latter, at least in terms of timeline, it’s quite possible that Coleman is responsible for the unsolved crimes, IMO: He could have been working for N.G. at their Providence location at the time of the rapes in late 2013.

Even if he’d enrolled in 2013, he could have been doing an internship at N.G. in Providence, especially if he started the program in early 2013, IMO.

Either way, I need to find out how long the investigators believe the two murder victims had been deceased when their bodies were found.

I also found an article that states:
“Thanks to cutting-edge analysis by Parabon NanoLabs in Reston, VA, the DNA is also telling authorities the suspect [in the unsolved rapes and murders] was in his mid-twenties at the time of the crimes, of African ancestry, with brown eyes, brown hair, few, if any freckles, and a light skin complexion.“

Coleman would have been 26 or 27 in the fall to winter of 2013.

(All BBM)
D0mrXPSWwAA0BJH
This would be quickly solved if the case of a dna match.. however, im sure he moved to Rhode Island late 2016 early 2017 at the earliest.. Im thinking looking for missing people 1 hour driving time radius from his former locations.. also, he still had California plates on his car.. I thought the rule was, once you have a new residency, you need to change you plates (state wise as well) Also, did he shave since the abduction as well to conceal identity?

Former addresses: TruePeopleSearch.com - Louis David Coleman 3rd - Rossmoor, California - 100% Free People Search

You're supposed to switch your plates,but my experience living in the Boston area (less certain about Providence), is there are always people who don't bother.

It's not exactly stealthy, if he still has California plates. But then he was on tape leaving Venu, AND carrying her into his apartment. Surely he knows about cameras??

I'm not sure what to think. Aside from what we know he did to Jassy, several of his other behaviors are pretty strange for a "fairly smart" guy.

Who Is Kidnapping Suspect Louis Coleman?

[...]

Coleman graduated from California State University in Long Beach in 2016, according to his website.

He was employed by the Waltham-based defense contractor Raytheon, but the company wouldn't say where he worked or provide details about his job description.

"As this is a criminal investigation, we defer any further inquiries to law enforcement. We are fully cooperating with the investigation," the company said in a statement.

Coleman lived in the Los Angeles area for several years, with an address there listed in his name as recently as 2017.

This would be quickly solved if the case of a dna match.. however, im sure he moved to Rhode Island late 2016 early 2017 at the earliest.. Im thinking looking for missing people 1 hour driving time radius from his former locations.. also, he still had California plates on his car.. I thought the rule was, once you have a new residency, you need to change you plates (state wise as well) Also, did he shave since the abduction as well to conceal identity?

Former addresses: TruePeopleSearch.com - Louis David Coleman 3rd - Rossmoor, California - 100% Free People Search
In theory you do have to change your plates within 30 days but police don’t often enforce it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back