MA MA - Joan Risch, 30, Lincoln, 24 Oct 1961

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has always fascinated me and I cannot see it being solved either. One thing that has puzzled me is that if it was Joan walking along the road with blood on her legs, why did no one stop and offer help? 1961 was a whole different time (and though I am in the UK), people would give lifts and offers of help more freely.

Hi, I realize the three sightings would bring about that question of why no one stopping to help. However people not stopping to help someone no matter what era, is not unheard of. The other thing that crossed my mind Is perhaps the woman walking along the highway looked more like a curiosity (homeless?) then in actual trouble.

Just randomly doing a brief internet search while I was waiting for someone...and lo and behold, I came across this October 19, 2017 article from the Valley Patriot up in Haverhill, MA...the timing...the circumstances...wow.

http://valleypatriot.com/haverhill-police-seek-missing-man/

Just an update, it went from the regional newspaper and now the major news outlets are carrying the story (Boston Globe, WHDH, NE Cable news, etc.)

Just wanted to pass this along - David Risch lives in the REST HOME unit of Lakeview House Nursing Home in Haverhill, MA. The residents residing in the rest home unit are free to come and go as they please with certain restrictions.

Wonder why ? And wonder where he is ?

Just randomly doing a brief internet search while I was waiting for someone...and lo and behold, I came across this October 19, 2017 article from the Valley Patriot up in Haverhill, MA...the timing...the circumstances...wow.

http://valleypatriot.com/haverhill-police-seek-missing-man/

'Just a few days shy of Oct 24 (coincidence ? irony ?) Very worrisome!

I hope he's found soon - and there will be no need for a WS page for him.

Wonder why ? And wonder where he is ?

Liz, the "why" probably cannot be revealed due to patient privacy law. Yes, I sure hope they find him soon, just my opinion, I get the sense he has led a difficult life.

How awful. I am surprised that he would be accepted at a rest home (versus a dementia unit) with a severe memory impairment. I hope they find him soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How very sad. Wonder what he was told about his mother's disappearance growing up ? Does his sister live in Mass too ?

No News - I wonder....given he anniversary...if he would have headed towards where he grew up, Lincoln area

I've been wondering the same.

But, did he have access to transportation? Is there a bus stop nearby?

Wouldn't his walking area be at least "somewhat" limited if he suffered from a serious memory impairment?

* I just sit here wishing for more information :(

How very sad. Wonder what he was told about his mother's disappearance growing up ? Does his sister live in Mass too ?

Liz, the article may be linked on here somewhere but I think the Globe or Herald ran a story several years ago on Joan Risch and they quoted David saying something along the line of "I believe she is in heaven..." I believe the sister lives on the west coast...

I've been wondering the same.

But, did he have access to transportation? Is there a bus stop nearby?

Wouldn't his walking area be at least "somewhat" limited if he suffered from a serious memory impairment?

* I just sit here wishing for more information :(

I am not sure, one of the stories mentioned he went for walks several times a day, spent a lot of time at the local library (across the street) so, I get the sense he didn't have his own car and kept his wandering local. However, he could have gotten a ride from someone when needed, I suppose. The serious memory impairment is probably tough enough when in a safe environment let alone when you are lost or in unfamiliar territory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkogoose
Back