MA - Justice for Officer John O’Keefe * NO DISCUSSION * media, timelines, docs * NO DISCUSSION *

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
January 28, 2022, texts

Read (1/28/22, 9:49 a.m.) -- You have really hurt me this time

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 10:02 a.m.) -- I’m sorry. This has been an issue w me for 8 years. It physically hurts me to see EVERYONE else in their life do things for them and I’m forced to ALWAYS be the bad guy.

Read (1/28/22, 10:09 a.m.) -- I am not the same as everyone else. Most of the time I try to do what is healthy/smart for them. More importantly, I try to support you and what you need. You just lashed out at me and said terrible things. I don’t know how you’ve gotten to this point with me when I’m just trying my hardest. You made your point and continue to beat me down. I have a lot going on too. Physically am falling apart and trying to get answers and help.

Read (1/28/22, 10:10 a.m.) -- I am just your girlfriend. I am not a perfect parent. I am trying very hard and sometimes treat them nothing like I used to.

Read (1/28/22, 1:21 p.m.) -- Maybe you can call someone

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 1:46 p.m.) -- Like who?

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 1:47 p.m.) -- What time are you coming here?

Read (1/28/22, 2:06 p.m.) -- I don’t know what time. Feel kinda out of it. Just trying to clear my head

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:06 p.m.) -- OK

Read (1/28/22, 2:06 p.m.) -- Text me when you guys settle in later

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:06 p.m.) -- Sure

Read (1/28/22, 2:16 p.m.) -- I feel pretty about how this morning went down. I know you said sorry but it really stung. Esp when I’ve been trying pretty hard lately. I feel like a loser turning around just coming back over after everything you said.

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:17 p.m.) -- Not sure what else you want me to do. I said I’m sorry and I was outta line. If you prefer to stay home I totally get it

Read (1/28/22, 2:17 p.m.) -- Things in my own life have been difficult too you know.

O’Keefe (1/28/2022, 2:17 p.m.) -- I know

Read (1/28/22, 2:25 p.m.) -- Tell me if you are interested in someone else. Can’t think of any other reason you’ve been like this.

June 20, 2024

Software expert testifies​

After Paul, Ian Whiffin took the stand as the prosecution’s 65th witness against Read.

Whiffin is a decoding product manager and former senior digital intelligence expert at Cellebrite, which makes forensic software.

Whiffin examined a search sent by Jennifer McCabe, who has been a focus of questioning from Read’s defense team.

McCabe was at the party at the Albert house the night O’Keefe died and at one point searched “Hos long to die in cold?” on the morning of Jan. 29.

The defense has argued McCabe made the search at 2:27 a.m., hours before O’Keefe’s body was found. McCabe said she made the search later in the day at the urging of Read after Read spotted O’Keefe in the snow.

Whiffin said the search happened at 6:23 a.m., saying “There’s plenty of other evidence” to show him what was going on.

At the time the defense claims the search happened, Whiffin said, McCabe was actually looking up youth sports schedules. Prosecutors said McCabe was home at the time, hours before she learned O’Keefe was missing.

Digital forensic expert Jessica Hyde previously told jurors McCabe’s search could have been timestamped at 2:27 a.m., rather than 6:23 a.m., because that was the time when she first opened the tab where she made the search.

Whiffin on Monday said, if Safari is minimized and operating in the background, time stamps are not updated and searches done hours or days later on the same tab can show a previous timestamp.

Whiffin said McCabe was on WiFi looking at sports schedules at 2:27 a.m. Hours later, she used the same Safari tab to look up information about hypothermia. Whiffin said the subsequent search was logged with the older timestamp.

JUNE 17, 2024

Question: How can the prosecution make objections without any grounds for said objection? I thought that objections had to be based on something (argumentative, leading, etc.). Is it a Massachusetts thing?

Morjieta Derisier, criminal defense attorney with Baystate Law Group: So just on the basis, objections are to preserve the record. Whoever wins or loses is going to appeal. Whover the appeals attorney is is going to look at the record. You can only preserve what you object. Each judge will have their own flavor or style whether you can state your objection or not, but the judge for the most part, from what I’m seeing, understands what the objection is and is taking her stance on what that could be. Or they may go to sidebar where they have full discussions on what the objection is.

Updated on June 18, 2024​

"There was absolutely no canine DNA,” Teri Kun, forensic scientist UC Davis Veterinary Lab said.

The forensic scientist said testing did uncover pig DNA. The prosecution said the samples were taken from John O'Keefe's shirt by the state police lab.

"It could be from food," Kun said.

Updated Wed, May 15th 2024 at 6:40 PM

Prosecutors have said they were at C.F. McCarthy's bar in Canton with several friends on the night of Jan. 28, then went to Waterfall Bar & Grille across the street around 11 p.m.and stayed for about an hour. They left there and were invited to Albert's home on Fairview Road. Hours later, O'Keefe would be found fatally injured outside that house.

Read told police she dropped O'Keefe off at the house shortly after midnight and went home because she was having stomach issues. Early in the morning, after she was unable to get O'Keefe to respond to her calls and texts, Read said she returned to the home with McCabe and Kerry Roberts, another potential witness at trial. They found O'Keefe unresponsive outside the home on Fairview Road in the snow amid blizzard-like conditions.

An autopsy found several abrasions to O'Keefe's right forearm, two black eyes, a cut to his nose, a two-inch laceration to the back of his head and multiple skull fractures. Hypothermia was also believed to be a contributing factor in his death.

Understanding the Karen Read trial: Who killed John O'Keefe?

Updated on April 23, 2024​

Following Read's arrest in February 2022, the document said a former university classmate rekindled a friendship with Read. It also reveals the friend made contact through social media with Jennifer Altman, a volunteer paralegal who had access to Kearney in the Norfolk County Jail until recently.

Altman's access recently landed Kearney's attorney, Timothy Bradl, in hot water and prompted the special prosecutor to request that a judge take the "unprecedented" step of assigning a third party to audit Kearney's communications with his attorney.

Updated: 6:42 PM EST Jan 31, 2024

According to the search warrant application, Atlman put Read's friend into contact with Kearney. Read also told the friend to download an encrypted messaging app called Signal to her phone.

The friend, who later had a falling out with Read, told investigators that she would copy messages sent by Read through Signal and relayed them to Kearney. Sometimes, the document states, she would take a screenshot of the message and pass that along.

"Messages would start with, 'Tell TB [Turtleboy],' 'From Karen," or "Not for public but you and Aidan can see,'" the document says.

Months of messages are described through several pages of the documents, including times Kearney asked whether he could use certain material and at least one instance where he requested more material.

Read's friend also identified a second intermediary and the search warrant application said the information is corroborated by messages the investigation has already reviewed.

According to the document, several text message exchanges already reviewed by the investigation suggest that Kearney and Read were communicating directly. Phone records also indicate 189 calls between their numbers, with a total duration of more than 40 hours.

Phone records also revealed dozens of calls between Kearney and phones associated with Read's attorneys, David Yannetti and Alan Jackson, the document states.

Russell also testified that she could not say “with 100% certainty” what type of animal left the marks in question. However, she said she believed O’Keefe sustained the injuries before he died, likely “minutes to hours before death.”

She confirmed she reviewed Chloe’s bite history but did not see any record of the dog going after a human when there wasn’t another dog present. She also said the photos of bite marks included in Chloe’s file did not resemble what she observed in the photos of O’Keefe’s arm.

But, she testified, “I’ve seen thousands of people with injuries to their skin, from blunt, from sharp, from all different mechanisms. Those injuries did not look like blunt force injuries.”

On redirect examination, Jackson asked Russell why she believed the photos from Chloe’s records didn’t resemble O’Keefe’s wounds.

“There’s a variety of wounds … or patterns that one can see from an animal attack,” Russell explained. “It depends a lot on the thickness of the skin, the movement between the victim and the animal, and also the power of the animal and the training of the animal.”

@KristinaRex

NEW: A juror in the #KarenReadTrial has filed an affidavit with the court asking that jurors' names remain private -- and the court has extended the order impounding their names. The juror writes "I am in fear for my personal safety." Read the entire affidavit here. #WBZ (1/2)

1721656601803.png1721656611691.png

1721656799680.png

1721656835781.png

Part 2 of the affidavit here --

1721656645882.png1721656654740.png

DEDHAM – An unnamed juror in the Karen Read murder trial told Judge Beverly Cannone that he or she is "frightened for [his or her] personal safety" in a new affidavit filed to the court on Thursday. The request led Cannone to extend her prior order impounding the jury list "until and otherwise ordered."

Read is accused of hitting and killing her boyfriend, Boston police officer John O'Keefe, with her SUV in 2022 and leaving him to die during a snowstorm. Read's defense argues that she was framed by several people, including law enforcement.

Updated on: July 18, 2024

@KristinaRex

Let me clarify — I have spoken with this juror face to face, and confirmed with my own eyes that they were on the jury. I was in the courtroom every day & saw jurors’ faces.

11:06 AM · Jul 22, 2024

BREAKING: I just spoke with a deliberating juror from the #KarenReadTrial. This juror independently confirmed to me that the jury was unanimous for acquittal on charges 1 and 3 (2nd degree murder and leaving scene). #WBZ (1/3)

The juror confirmed that the jury was hung on the lesser included charges under Charge 2, manslaughter. Their final vote was a “soft” 9-3, with 9 voting guilty. (2/3)

The jury considered being more specific in their notes to the judge, but were not clear on how they were supposed to communicate their unanimous decisions on charges 1 and 3. (3/3)

9:53 AM · Jul 22, 2024

LOCAL NEWS

Karen Read trial juror says jury didn't know how to communicate unanimous verdict on 2 charges to judge​

By Neal Riley, Kristina Rex
Updated on: July 22, 2024 / 12:34 PM EDT / CBS Boston

DEDHAM - A juror in the Karen Read murder trial says that the jury had decided to acquit Read on two of the charges she was facing in the death of Boston police officer John O'Keefe, but was unsure about what to do next.

The deliberating juror, who asked to remain anonymous, told WBZ-TV's Kristina Rex Monday that the jury was unanimous in finding Read not guilty of second-degree murder and leaving the scene of personal injury and death. On manslaughter and the lesser included charges, the juror said the jury's final vote was a "soft" 9-3, with nine voting guilty.

Read was charged with manslaughter while operating under the influence, but jurors were given the option to convict her on the lesser charges of involuntary manslaughter or motor vehicle homicide.

Judge Beverly Cannone kept Monday's hearing brief, quickly setting a hearing on Aug. 9 for oral arguments on the defense's motion to dismiss some of the charges. Saying she also expected an appeal regardless of her eventual ruling, Cannone proposed Jan. 14 for a pre-trial conference and Jan. 27 as a start date for a new jury trial.

Updated: 2:30 PM EDT Jul 22, 2024

Last edited:
"John, I f%cking hate you!" - Karen Read

Let's discuss the testimony in 1st #JohnOkeefe trial. I call it the John O’Keefe trial because he is the victim and I have found it nauseating that some people have chosen to turn their back on the evidence that shows #KarenRead hit Officer O'Keefe resulting in his death. This trial should be about him, yet deals have been struck in the media to make it about her.

I am going to post the order of proof as I would in trial. I would start out by showing own words and her admissions that she thought she could have "Incapacitated" Officer O'Keefe. This might be triggering for some.

These were her words to Officer O'Keefe after she hit him. She called him over 50 times. This is literally a FATAL ATTRACTION.

Obviously, she didn't know Officer O'Keefe was dead at this point....but she did later. She was drunk. She was engaged. Those facts are not in dispute.

This will be a series.

Note: Read is the sole person charged with murdering Officer O'Keefe. Why? Because there is 0 evidence that anyone killed him.

"DID I INCAPACITATE HIM...AND IN HIS DRUNKENNESS HE PASSED OUT" - Karen Read

Order of Proof, item 2 (hopefully they can get this footage admitted this time)

Then, I would play the clip below.

Read said these words on National TV before all the nonsense about 10 people and a dog being involved in a massive conspiracy to murder #JohnOkeefe.

She said this because it was true. She was wasted, angry, and hit him but had no idea she killed him until she drove by later that morning. That's why she called Kerry Roberts at 5 AM and told her: John is dead. This was Undisputed in court.

SHE WATCHED HIM GO TO THE DOOR AND PUT HIS HEAD INSIDE

It's truly hard to keep up with all the contradictory statements that have come out of #KarenRead's mouth. (Stay tuned - more to come) Why? Because she doesn't want to go to jail for hitting #JohnOkeefe.

Order of Proof #3 - I would play this top video. It shows her deceipt which again speaks to her character and desire to coverup her deed.

Let's hope the prosecutor can admit all of this footage into evidence this go around. It will seal her fate.

P.S. I posted order of proof video 2 for reference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back