Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - no link from approved source>

So where is she, if her being missing is not the result of something criminal. I keep going back to the weather that Sunday. It was not a nice day at all between the on again/off again rain, high wind, light snow in parts of the area. I can't see someone wanting to even take a short walk, let alone leaving their car at Longcope and walking up Beartown Mountain (as was mentioned as an area they were supposedly searching today) - they'd move the car. I keep going back to the Housatonic, unfortunately. Someone earlier said that could be accessed from the Inn - true... except Stockbridge is a busy tourist place and there are people all over. The Housie near Longcope is also right on a very busy road, though (Rt 102). I don't know... just hoping someone finds her or knows something soon and provides the right tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I allowed to have an opinion or does it have to be what the news is saying? Because in my opinion Jackies case and this one involving Meghan is a killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I allowed to have an opinion or does it have to be what the news is saying? Because in my opinion Jackies case and this one involving Meghan is a killer.
You can post an opinion BUT --

1) you must explicitly say it's your opinion -- that's why you see people saying "MOO" or "IMO" or "JMO" all the time.

and 2) you can't accuse any specific person unless LE has declared them a suspect or a person of interest. You also can't disparage LE here.

And when you post anything phrased as fact, you have to include the link to the source. Otherwise your post will often be removed.

I might be forgetting some rules but we all agreed to them when we made accounts. You can find it here if needed to reread.

You can post an opinion BUT --

1) you must explicitly say it's your opinion -- that's why you see people saying "MOO" or "IMO" or "JMO" all the time.

and 2) you can't accuse any specific person unless LE has declared them a suspect or a person of interest. You also can't disparage LE here.

I might be forgetting some rules but we all agreed to them when we made accounts. You can find it here if needed to reread.
I will try my best to stay inline. Not a strongpoint of mine and I am new so it might take me a few slaps on the wrist to understand. Thank you for that.

I will try my best to stay inline. Not a strongpoint of mine and I am new so it might take me a few slaps on the wrist to understand. Thank you for that.
Good luck. Also we were both typing at once, I added the requirement to post links anytime you present a statement as fact. Otherwise mods may remove your post.

I asked her brother if she was expected back to school on Monday he said no. Then I met a woman who's daughter goes to school there. The talk at the school is the sub has taken over for Meghan for the rest of the school year. The weather was horrid. I also live in the Berkshires and that was a day to stay inside.
I think she was due to check out of The Red Lion that coming Wednesday, March 30. Makes sense that a sub would take over for the rest of the year given how this is progressing. So I guess the question is - did Meghan herself ask for a leave of absence for the rest of the school year, or did they just hire a substitute for that period given the circumstances. I am struggling now to find the link to the article where her brother said she wasn't due to check out on Monday.

I think she was due to check out of The Red Lion that coming Wednesday, March 30. Makes sense that a sub would take over for the rest of the year given how this is progressing. So I guess the question is - did Meghan herself ask for a leave of absence for the rest of the school year, or did they just hire a substitute for that period given the circumstances. I am struggling now to find the link to the article where her brother said she wasn't due to check out on Monday.
The quote from him is on the comment section of https://findmeghanmarohn.com

I'm beginning to wonder if Meghan's car was dumped where it was found. It seems odd that nothing has been found, including her phone. The area being searched is dense, but it's not large and it's now been covered twice. The car was there for two days before it was reported.

I'm beginning to wonder if Meghan's car was dumped where it was found. It seems odd that nothing has been found, including her phone. The area being searched is dense, but it's not large and it's now been covered twice. The car was there for two days before it was reported.

I'm assuming LE doesn't have her fingerprints on file, but could obtain them from the car and her laptop (her brother posted on the official page that LE has her laptop). If someone else were to drive her car last, if they wore gloves, would it smear her fingerprints on the steering wheel so that would be a dead giveaway that she wasn't the last one to drive it? Or do prints sort of remain intact even if there's contact over them?

I'm assuming LE doesn't have her fingerprints on file, but could obtain them from the car and her laptop (her brother posted on the official page that LE has her laptop). If someone else were to drive her car last, if they wore gloves, would it smear her fingerprints on the steering wheel so that would be a dead giveaway that she wasn't the last one to drive it? Or do prints sort of remain intact even if there's contact over them?
Good question. It just seems strange to leave a car unlocked. If it were a male I wouldn't think much about it, but as a female I never leave my car unlocked.

I also wonder what area, exactly, they've searched. Not one report has been explicit about this. The "park" itself is small, for sure, but it's not like it's fenced in. You could go off trail and get lost in a vast amount of woods on either side. Hope this upload works. Excuse the poor overlay - was trying to overlay the text from Google Maps onto a satellite view image. The area I outlined in red is the "non-park" area of woods, hills, streams, etc. Please excuse the blue area that I circled in red - something odd happened with my layering. That doesn't appear to be a large lake at all on satellite view. The pond beneath it is on private property and visible on the map as well.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for posting that, @flowingbrooks. I'd checked various sites earlier for any updates and didn't see any. So basically "no news, have expanded out the search a few miles, found nothing, still don't suspect foul play, but local (MA?) should follow up on leads and we're here to help." And local LE has been quiet so we are all in the dark and worried about her, worried about what really happened.

RBBM I am not sure about her state, but in many states (including where I am in IL), teachers do have to be fingerprinted prior to starting their teaching job, so it's possible they do have her prints on file.

I hoped she would be found by now. Tough for family and friends. Like most on these pages I have some questions.
I think her emotional upset might be key. They knew she wouldn’t becoming into work on Monday, but I wonder if the school knew it would be longer.
Although she lives and works close to the Berkshires, I wonder how well she knew the area. It seems to me that someone with her sensitives, a poet, a love for humanity and nature would have stayed at Kripalu which isn’t far from the Red Lion. It is an idyllic setting with several walking trails and appeals to poets, writers and artists.
If the reason for her emotional upset is revealed it might give more concrete avenues to look.
In the meantime, Meghan please know that there are many of us who think about you and hope you are found very soon.

I hoped she would be found by now. Tough for family and friends. Like most on these pages I have some questions.
I think her emotional upset might be key. They knew she wouldn’t becoming into work on Monday, but I wonder if the school knew it would be longer.
Although she lives and works close to the Berkshires, I wonder how well she knew the area. It seems to me that someone with her sensitives, a poet, a love for humanity and nature would have stayed at Kripalu which isn’t far from the Red Lion. It is an idyllic setting with several walking trails and appeals to poets, writers and artists.
If the reason for her emotional upset is revealed it might give more concrete avenues to look.
In the meantime, Meghan please know that there are many of us who think about you and hope you are found very soon.

I know... it's just awful for everyone and we all have zillions of questions. This isn't like the typical case where a spouse or coworker or someone close to the person is immediately a suspect, so we have more details to follow in those cases.

She wasn't due to check out of the inn until Wednesday, the 30th, but it's unclear if her leave from her teaching position was just for that week off, or until the end of the school year.

That's a good point about Kripalu. I've never been there, but have been to The Red Lion many times (family has stayed there while visiting us - I've only eaten in the various restaurants and walked around inside, visited the gift shop, and customer rooms family was staying in). Did she speak to someone in a restaurant or one of the many areas where you can curl up on a fantastic couch with a book? Did someone overhear her plans to visit Longcope? Again, the weather that day was not conducive to even walking in the town of Stockbridge, let alone taking a walk in the Longcope Park. Cold, rainy, misting, snowing at times. Temps were around 35 during the day if I recall correctly. Miserable! There are just many more popular hiking areas in the area with scenic views, bird watching boardwalks, waterfalls, etc., than Longcope, which just seems to be a rather "bland" for lack of better term wooded area to walk through.

Hearing how miserable the weather was there that day and that the car was left unlocked, I wonder if someone besides Meghan drove it and dumped it there. Maybe they knew it would not be a busy or happening place because of said miserable weather so weren't worried of being spotted.

I know an earlier post mentioned she liked geocaching - still, seems to be a pretty miserable day to do that hobby. I guess if maybe you were really a die hard about it? But knowing she had plans to stay checked into accommodations until Wed., she had other days she could have pursued that hobby with perhaps better weather. I don't know. It's odd all around to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StringTheory3333
Back