Found Deceased MA - Michael Kelleher, 23, Boston, 29 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
21 min. Drive, 1 hour and 6 min walk, from Paul Revere Park to Back Bay Fens.

Is it realistic for this to be Michael? It seems a little too soon for him to have already surfaced IMO.
Locals, what are your thoughts?
What can you tell us about Back Bay Fens?
7747066bc2a0f575bc9d9f511c8c0629.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

A body floating down the Charles could make it to Muddy River, possibly. but it's the wrong direction of flow IMO

A body floating down the Charles could make it to Muddy River, possibly. but it's the wrong direction of flow IMO
Thank you Steleheart, great observation re: water flow.
I'll put that in my notes.

This location doesn't make sense at all unless there was much more to his night than we know about.

Relevant:

-last ping was on tremont st, maybe more accurate than we thought

-woman swore she saw him on Friday afternoon headed down mass ave towards medical center. Said he located like he was on drugs and acting like he was in distress(flailing arms, etc)

Thank you Steleheart, great observation re: water flow.
I'll put that in my notes.

The Fens empties into the Charles and the Charles empties into the harbor. Tidal level in the river is controlled by the Charles River Dam east of TD Garden.

The Fens empties into the Charles and the Charles empties into the harbor. Tidal level in the river is controlled by the Charles River Dam east of TD Garden.
I'm going to try to research some stats on this, as its been awhile since I've familiarized myself with the facts on water deaths. IMO the water around Boston should still be pretty cold, right?

From what I remember a body in the water sinks to the bottom as the oxygen leaves the body and the body stays on the floor of the body of water within 1000ft. of the entry point until the water warms up enough to start producing gases within the body to cause it to surface and float. If its a legitimate water death the remains will be in a fetal like position on the water bottom until the gases cause the body to bow, meaning the head and legs stay under while the back side of the body starts to lift up out if the water. If the body was placed into the water it is more likely to surface face up and we floating aka deadmans pose. Regardless of entry this whole process generally takes a month at minimum to surface if the water is cold.
Please correct me on anything that I may be misremembering.
MOo TIA.

This is a very good starting reference point even though its a blog.

http://killingkillers.blogspot.com/p/drowning-forensics.html?m=1

"If a victim is not promptly retrieved at death, then, without exception and no matter how deep or how swift the water may be, their corpse will continue to drift downward until it reaches the bottom. This is where it will remain in a somewhat fetal position until gases from putrefaction cause it to rise to the surface once more. A semi-fetal posture is the norm for all drown victims, so if divers do locate such a body before it ascends, but it isn’t in this pose and/or the head is seen to be tilted to one side, they will include these observations in their police recovery report, as it reveals the victim died on land and was put in the water post-rigormortis.

Typically, once the body does emerge on its own, it will surface in the general vicinity of where the victim originally went under. From this location the water may then carry the corpse along for quite a distance, depending on the strength of the currents or if it becomes ensnared and is thereby prevented.

Refloat largely varies on the water’s depth and temperature, taking only a matter of hours to occur if extremely warm and up to two weeks or longer if at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or less. The timetable, therefore, is not fixed but is loosely as follows: at 40 degrees Fahrenheit it takes approximately fourteen to twenty days for a drown victim’s corpse to resurface; at 50 degrees ten to fourteen days; at 60 degrees seven to ten days; at 70 degrees three to seven days; and at 80+ degrees one to two days or sooner. In very cold and very deep bodies of water, like certain oceans or the Great Lakes of North America, it’s not unusual at all for a drown victim to never resurface, lying on the bottom in a state of suspended decomposition until their body eventually disintegrates or is otherwise destroyed.

But in temperate oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, pools, reservoirs, quarries, or the like, a corpse will inevitably rise again sooner or later, occasionally exploding to the surface if it was deliberately anchored. And when it does reappear, if the person did genuinely die from drowning, then they will always be discovered floating face down in the water, with the head drooping forward and lower than the rest of the body. Lividity, the pooling of blood and fluids, will then have permanently settled into the under regions of the corpse by then, weighting it from beneath and essentially acting as a ballast so that, even when disturbed, say by a collision with a boat, it will return to this original position."

More at link above.

it would be simply impossible for that body to end up all the way over there if MK actually went into the water near Paul Revere park. now of course if something else entirely happened it could be him.

it would be simply impossible for that body to end up all the way over there if MK actually went into the water near Paul Revere park. now of course if something else entirely happened it could be him.
I generally agree.

I'm going to try to research some stats on this, as its been awhile since I've familiarized myself with the facts on water deaths. IMO the water around Boston should still be pretty cold, right?

From what I remember a body in the water sinks to the bottom as the oxygen leaves the body and the body stays on the floor of the body of water within 1000ft. of the entry point until the water warms up enough to start producing gases within the body to cause it to surface and float. If its a legitimate water death the remains will be in a fetal like position on the water bottom until the gases cause the body to bow, meaning the head and legs stay under while the back side of the body starts to lift up out if the water. If the body was placed into the water it is more likely to surface face up and we floating aka deadmans pose. Regardless of entry this whole process generally takes a month at minimum to surface if the water is cold.
Please correct me on anything that I may be misremembering.
MOo TIA.

I think you're pretty accurate, which leads me to believe that perhaps he was already physically there and didn't wash there. Especially due to the water flow.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

RIght too far and as stated upthread would have likely sank not floated. Could get there by car easier.
Water is about 40 degrees right now I think. Zach Marr disappeared Feb 13 2016 and was found Mar 15 2016 not very far from where he went in.

Yes it must either not be michael or his night was quite different from what we imagined.

Thanks all for the useful information.

I'm sorry, I probably should have waited to post anything! I realize now it may not be him...of course it can be anybody. I guess we just wait and see.

It's great that you posted it. We all want to know if it's michael

RIght too far and as stated upthread would have likely sank not floated.
Waster is about 40 degrees right now I think. Zach Marr disappeared Feb 13 2016 and was found Mar 15 2016 not very far from where he went in.
Thanks for the water temp guess. On these cases I usually give it between 1 and 2 months to surface, as the disappearances frequently happen during cold weather.

I feel that between Pennsylvania and Massachusetts's I've followed a few to many of these cases.

Like missing children, I always say "never again" and then the next one pops up and I just can't stay away. Especially after witnessing the tradegy of Ben and Cody in my state.
That particular cases has greatly shaped my life path.
Since they were found I've gotten quite a bit of certification's, experience, and made many connections within this field.

I'm sorry, I probably should have waited to post anything! I realize now it may not be him...of course it can be anybody. I guess we just wait and see.

It's always worth looking at. It may be too far for an accident at TD but for some other type of unknown activity and nothing concrete you never know.

I don't know if this would have any effect because I know how long it takes water to warm up, but it's supposed to be around 70 degrees tomorrow and 75 on Tuesday. A LOT warmer than it's been lately (though today is in the 60s).

I'm here now... the bridge that ZM was crossing is on the other side of the Zakim from Paul Revere Park. It looks like you can access the bridge (by climbing over some jersey barriers) from either North Point Park or as jfalkingham mentioned, walking to the end of the North Station platforms.

There really is not a lot of places for "accidents" around Paul Revere Park. If he drunkenly stumbled into the water, it was likely after walking over the bridge to North Point Park.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought there was a legit footbridge there but have also been confused by some of the pictures. You're point that there aren't a lot of places for accidents on the actual walk pathway makes me wonder, it goes along with the fact I've been also thinking about his being drunk. We know from uber calls around 10 he was still at the park an hour after leaving the game, which would be an hour of not drinking so a good amount of time to sober up at least somwhat. Still leaves room for other substances though. I don't think there is a SK preying on men in Boston, but I'm also not convinced this one is the typical drunk accident.

21 min. Drive, 1 hour and 6 min walk, from Paul Revere Park to Back Bay Fens.

Is it realistic for this to be Michael? It seems a little too soon for him to have already surfaced IMO.
Locals, what are your thoughts?
What can you tell us about Back Bay Fens?
7747066bc2a0f575bc9d9f511c8c0629.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't hear this. It really isn't that far really, Boston isn't a big city plus we don't know if he got into a vehicle... uber didn't show took offer of ride or thought it was his uber.

It's always worth looking at. It may be too far for an accident at TD but for some other type of unknown activity and nothing concrete you never know.

Exactly, the assumption is he fell in the water by TD, but there are certainly other possibilities given no factual information.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974
Back