Found Deceased MA - Michael Kelleher, 23, Boston, 29 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
question: is the thinking in these men's disappearances while intoxicated and found in bodies of water suspicious? I have been assuming its most likely suicides. IMO

I dunno. I think a big part of it is that middle-class kids are interesting and homeless people are all but invisible. The homeless person who committed suicide jumping off a building didn't get any notice, either, even though they had a major street blocked off for a couple of hours and we couldn't get our car out of the parking garage because the entrance was inside the crime scene tape. :p

It's like they're thinking, "Oh, they're homeless so nobody cares."

You're saying that there was no mention whatsoever of a person jumping off a building in Boston? That's weird...

You're saying that there was no mention whatsoever of a person jumping off a building in Boston? That's weird...

Well, not in the news outlets I normally follow. I won't claim to be an exhaustive source for what did or didn't get covered in Boston :p

Some of you are making the same connections we in Massachusetts have been making for some time now, here's an article of the similarities that have already been drawn to save you all the time and effort. There's a part two linked in the article, as well:

https://cryptidantiquarian.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/bostons-mysterious-vanishing-men/

Notice the dates of everyone that have gone missing. They're all during the colder months. Some would say that this is the reason that they are dying, because they fall in and it's cold, so they drown. I'm wondering if the killer is smart and uses the cold to his advantage. If you push a victim in the water and he can't struggle much due to freezing temperatures, it doesn't look like there's much of a struggle, does it? And it would be awfully easy to hold them down. I'm not drawing conclusions yet, but I'm highly suspicious that foul play is involved in these disappearances.

Very sorry to read about this. My heart goes out to his family & friends.

Quite a few young men have ended up in the water in the Old Port in Porltand, ME, too.
When my nephew went off to college down there, I told him to stay away from Commercial St if he were going to go bar hopping in the Old Port.
http://awesomejelly.com/northeast-vanishing-men-mystery-accident-or-murder/

When my son went off to college in Portland, I told him to be sure to always go together and stay together. ''

question: is the thinking in these men's disappearances while intoxicated and found in bodies of water suspicious? I have been assuming its most likely suicides. IMO

I am thinking accidents.

I was talking about MK w/ a friend who has been a paramedic for Boston EMS for more than 30 years. He said they sadly pull MANY, MANY bodies from the water, male and female adults of all ages, every year. He said most of the cases just don't get reported in the news. He said the combination of bars/venues surrounded by water and intoxicated individuals wandering off on their own are not a good mix. I wish our tax dollars were used to ensure there was a secure barrier around all access to the water to prevent this in the future!

Each one is different. Marr was an accident; they have it on video. There's also video of the guy who went into the water near the Marriott Long Wharf. It doesn't quite show him going into the water but it shows him near an unguarded edge with snow and ice all around. There's one guy in that blog upthread who is believed to be a suicide though that's never been said in the media (I have mutual friends with his family).

None of these bodies of water is fenced off or inaccessible. For instance, here's a photo showing part of Long Wharf, where several people have died. Notice there's only a chain at the edge of the wharf. In the winter, when everything is icy and the footing is difficult, it's very easy to slip and wind up in the water.
marriott-long-wharf-water-view.jpg

The blog upthread mentions engineers. Hey, it's Boston, home of MIT and half a dozen other good tech schools. Odds are any gathering of ten men will have six engineers in it.

But still there are a few that seem odd...

Some of you are making the same connections we in Massachusetts have been making for some time now, here's an article of the similarities that have already been drawn to save you all the time and effort. There's a part two linked in the article, as well:

https://cryptidantiquarian.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/bostons-mysterious-vanishing-men/

Notice the dates of everyone that have gone missing. They're all during the colder months. Some would say that this is the reason that they are dying, because they fall in and it's cold, so they drown. I'm wondering if the killer is smart and uses the cold to his advantage. If you push a victim in the water and he can't struggle much due to freezing temperatures, it doesn't look like there's much of a struggle, does it? And it would be awfully easy to hold them down. I'm not drawing conclusions yet, but I'm highly suspicious that foul play is involved in these disappearances.

I just cant get past the mo- a killer attraction pattern. Age build teeth hair (this takes me homophobic - but the killer is going on guys who may not be gay but to him out in the street might look so).

college have friends ( revenge and rage)
I think an 18 wheeler homophobe moo

I would assume that the reason for difference in coverage is because there was no family to report the woman missing and therefore no public outreach or extended search for her prior to finding her body.

I agree and at some level, I think at homelessness the drinking might be more intense. physical capabilities less, hypothermia which leads to confusion etc etc give more notions about accidently falling in

Most of this cluster are fit young men

Zach Dakota Michael Joey were all apparently sober enough to be texting or phoning or calling for uber , and part of a generation wherein Grindr Tumbler are in all likelihood a part of their lives.

That IMO is just telling and compelling information in terms of contrast with homeless.

With Zach there wording LE was careful. They stated they had him on the tracks and then he went out of sight. It struck me at the time as interesting that they did not say saw him fall in.

I thought the word choice was careful - indicating the tape might have actually indicated he jumped on purpose

Authorities did not say how they believe Marr ended up by the river but said there were no apparent signs of foul play.

Officials have said previously that surveillance video appeared to show him going or falling into the river.

They are different IMO

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/03/15/body-missing-harvard-man-pulled-from-charles-river/IGwbPEvyvNG2VBzzJp5N4M/story.html

Then all the family stuff for Zach............................

I grew up in an alcoholic mecca in the NE, and no one went into the water. There has got to be more to this, imo

Zach Dakota Michael Joey were all apparently sober enough to be texting or phoning or calling for uber ...

RSBM. I think texting, calling, or using apps is so ingrained with the younger generation that they can do these things even when blackout drunk. JMO

I'll bet Michael really would have been enjoying this Celtics playoff run. Poor kid.

Evans refutes serial killer theory for bodies found in waterways
May 24, 2017

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-waterways/51A35WMn4zHhOjcvJ3htXO/story.html

From the article:

“There’s no sinister plot out there,” Evans said during his monthly appearance on “Boston Public Radio” on WGBH. “There’s no one out there killing these kids.”

Evans said his “heart goes out” to families who have lost loved ones in this manner and stressed that friends must watch each other when they go out.

“Friends gotta be good friends and not let their friends wander when they’re in that type of shape,” Evans said.

Another LE officer in our small town near Boston said that the reason it's mostly young men who fall victim to this kind of accident is that young women and older adults are much less likely to let a friend wander off alone. If a woman gets thrown out of a bar, for instance, her friends leave with her most of the time. A bunch of older guys will be more likely to make sure the impaired person gets in a cab or has a driver. That sort of thing.

This is incredible you all have made a forum for Michael, he was not a heavy drinker at all and the season tickets to the game were a gift and he had taken a girl from work who he was friends with. He left before the end of the game and he was extremely bright. Michael was not one to just wander off on his own especially if he did not know his surroundings...this still haunts me even after almost a year later..It had been a year Marc 29th its mind blowing to think my friend who is REALLY tall was kidnapped .. he was a tall man, no one is gonna come scoop him up. I am almost in tears writing this because I just found websluths and just reading everyone's point of view is incredible.

**I edited this because of grammar and my computer automatically changing March to May....

This is incredible you all have made a forum for Michael, he was not a heavy drinker at all and the season tickets to the game were a gift and he had taken a girl from work who he was friends with. He left before the end of the game and he was extremely bright. Michael was not one to just wander off on his own especially if he did not know his surroundings...this still haunts me even after almost a year later..It will be a year May 22nd its mind blowing to think my friend who is REALLY tall was kidnapped .. he was a tall man, no one is gonna come scoop him up. I am almost in tears writing this because I just found websluths and just reading everyone's point of view is incredible.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back