MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care anymore if Jen McCabe google-searched "hos long to die in cold" at 2:27AM on January 29 2022. I care even less whether KR and JO'K were having relationship difficulties in the 24 or so hours preceding his death.

That MSP reconstructionist's testimony was the end of the trial for me. The CW was depending on Trooper Paul to provide compelling evidence that Karen Read hit John O'Keefe with her car and killed him, and he did absolutely nothing of the sort.

JMO

You'll be very sad and everything else.
Lank involved too. One or first coming upon JMc and the others at Alberts yard where JO'K found. Proctor, names left out of report, things like that at SB's apartment. Cannot get any horrifying than that one and then there is this as well. Come ON FBI, they're on it all.

Agree, he was not treating her well and did not want to talk about it with her which only antagonized her more. I wish she had just dumped him!
I know but sounds like that come here go away type thing going on. She just needed to know, instead of just KNOWING, I'm not going to live like this any longer. HARD

I can't believe the CW have been allowed to call not one, but TWO expert witnesses (even if one of them was from a truly wonderful part of the world ;)) to testify about ONE google search and whether or not it took place at the time the Cellebrite report said it did. This trial is nuts!

Not familiar with that case?
Please read. Very disturbing case. Suicide or murder. New allegations reported in Sandra Birchmore case | Canton Citizen

Please read. Very disturbing case. Suicide or murder. New allegations reported in Sandra Birchmore case | Canton Citizen

Very unsettling.

I can't believe the CW have been allowed to call not one, but TWO expert witnesses (even if one of them was from a truly wonderful part of the world ;)) to testify about ONE google search and whether or not it took place at the time the Cellebrite report said it did. This trial is nuts!

The commonwealth hired two separate experts to explain the Jen McCabe google search. That couldn't have been cheap.

Yet for the points that are central to the prosecution's case, the accident reconstruction and the analysis of Karen's and John's phones, they just used troopers who had taken a couple of classes in the subject.

I wonder if someone leaned on them to ensure that JM wouldn't have this hanging over her head.

Last edited:
The commonwealth hired two separate experts to explain the Jen McCabe google search. That couldn't have been cheap.

Yet for the points that are central to the prosecution's case, the accident reconstruction and the analysis of Karen's and John's phones, they just used troopers who had taken a couple of classes in the subject.

I wonder if someone leaned on them to ensure that JM wouldn't have this hanging over
Hard to believe they spent expert money on proving JMc didn’t do a search instead of an expert accident reconstructionist to show how the Lexus had hit JO. Makes me wonder if they tried to hire one and couldn’t get anyone with a good reputation to agree with the CW’s theory. Does discovery include an ‘experts who turn the job down’ list.

Hard to believe they spent expert money on proving JMc didn’t do a search instead of an expert accident reconstructionist to show how the Lexus had hit JO. Makes me wonder if they tried to hire one and couldn’t get anyone with a good reputation to agree with the CW’s theory. Does discovery include an ‘experts who turn the job down’ list.
I believe this

I wonder if someone leaned on them to ensure that JM wouldn't have this hanging over her head.
They also were mad keen to get their reconstructionist to analyse the ring video of KR tapping JO'K's car to talk about what (if any :oops:) damage was caused to KR's taillight. But very little about the taillight damage in the actual incident!

I think this is the classic "smoke and mirrors" approach to try and make the jury scrutinise the validity of the defense's cover-up theory more than the actual job that they've sworn an oath to do, which is to judge whether or not the CW have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Karen Read killed John O'Keefe with her car.

MOO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member