MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone hear about Gordon Ramsay's bike accident? He was hit by a car in Connecticut. He did a video where he displayed an enormous purple bruise on his midsection.
1718663782177.png

I'm sure the particulars are very different compared to what happened at 34 Fairview, but I got to wonder how JO managed to get hit by a car at 24 mph and not get any bruising at all.

The highly anticipated ME must be shaking in her boots right now. The CW's case hinges on her testimony. She undoubtedly has seen the defense at work with other CW witnesses. She knows what's coming . I wonder if she has seen the replay of today's witness on the stand, whispering quietly to himself in the mic, "Kill me". I did. Not good. Not good at all.
MOO

The highly anticipated ME must be shaking in her boots right now. The CW's case hinges on her testimony. She undoubtedly has seen the defense at work with other CW witnesses. She knows what's coming . I wonder if she has seen the replay of today's witness on the stand, whispering quietly to himself in the mic, "Kill me". I did. Not good. Not good at all.
MOO
Being the law nerd that I am, what I'm wondering is if Cannone's ruling about witnesses being able to talk about harassment they've received plus Proctor's text messages disparaging the ME being submitted into evidence provide sufficient foundation for KR's defense to be allowed to question her about being pressured into her conclusions by LE.

The highly anticipated ME must be shaking in her boots right now. The CW's case hinges on her testimony.

I actually thought the case would hinge the state's reconstruction to explain how Read murdered JO.

And turns there isn't one! Just a very confused Troopah who drew a little graph based on third hand information and who probably thought when he was a kid he'd never need any math in the real world so a C- on pre-algebra was good enough.

The state's case is far worse than I could have imagined. I'm really angry now.

Being the law nerd that I am, what I'm wondering is if Cannone's ruling about witnesses being able to talk about harassment they've received plus Proctor's text messages disparaging the ME being submitted into evidence provide sufficient foundation for KR's defense to be allowed to question her about being pressured into her conclusions by LE.

I would think so. The question might be asked, " Were you aware that Trooper Proctor, while discussing your ME report testified that in his own words to a group text with fellow Troopers, he called you a________ ?" " And said that you were________"? Were You ? Are you?

Oh yeah. They will go there.
MOO

Good point….. and IIRC there was also some repeated questioning of proctor under direct (and a touch of cross) where he kept stating that there was nothing done that would compromise the investigation or the integrity of it I believe?

I wonder if that also has a door partly open as to other aspects of this ‘investigation’ and conclusions derived therefrom? IANAL. MOO

The commonwealth hired two separate experts to explain the Jen McCabe google search. That couldn't have been cheap.

Yet for the points that are central to the prosecution's case, the accident reconstruction and the analysis of Karen's and John's phones, they just used troopers who had taken a couple of classes in the subject.

I wonder if someone leaned on them to ensure that JM wouldn't have this hanging over her head.
Could be, could also be 'look over here, not over there!' since their evidence of murder (in any degree) seems to be excruciatingly lacking.

To me, this kind of comes across like she felt like he was ignoring her and she was saying something to try to get him to respond. JMO
Karen was trying to push his buttons. She wasn't getting the attention she wanted from him so she tried to up the ante. She comes across as insecure, attention seeking, immature and toxic.

The preliminary death certificate stating that his 'death was not as a result of a fight', and Proctors text stating 'that they busted their chops with the ME'. I bet the ME is not loooking forward to explaining that away. MOO

If the trial so far is any indication, the ME's testimony will be yet another disaster for the Commonwealth.

It's just shocking to me that this case was brought. I know Judge Bev isn't going to dare, but a good judge would render a not guilty directed verdict before it goes to a jury.

If the trial so far is any indication, the ME's testimony will be yet another disaster for the Commonwealth.

It's just shocking to me that this case was brought. I know Judge Bev isn't going to dare, but a good judge would render a not guilty directed verdict before it goes to a jury.
Nope! She is rooting for the prosecution.

I personally thought a motion to dismiss with an immediate directed verdict of "not guilty" should have been issued as soon as Trooper Paul got off the stand. Phone calls made to the defense experts to cancel their flights to Boston as they're no longer needed for voir dire on Tuesday.

The case is absolutely done and has already caused enough damage as it is, it's just a complete waste of time, money emotional energy, pretty much everything from now on. Is it really worth all the effort and energy to go all the way to a jury verdict?

JMO

I personally thought a motion to dismiss with an immediate directed verdict of "not guilty" should have been issued as soon as Trooper Paul got off the stand. Phone calls made to the defense experts to cancel their flights to Boston as they're no longer needed for voir dire on Tuesday.

The case is absolutely done and has already caused enough damage as it is, it's just a complete waste of time, money emotional energy, pretty much everything from now on. Is it really worth all the effort and energy to go all the way to a jury verdict?

JMO

The Prosecutor and the judge knows that KR is racking up millions in legal fees by extending this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member