MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly so far I’m still not completely convinced she didn’t accidentally run him over, if she did it, it was not malicious. The investigation was so awful, so unprofessional, so obviously looking out for “the boy’s club” and their families, if I saw this in a movie I’d say this is unbelievable because it’s so ridiculous. There are so many other events and machinations going on that there is absolutely reasonable doubt hence the FBI investigation, and, as far as we know the FBI providing information to the defense

I wrote earlier I was embarrassed watching trooper Paul being crossed, I’m a professional engineer, he was put in an untenable position, we can speculate if that was on purpose or not.

To finish my rambling, the MSP with their unprofessional actions did a disservice to JOK and his family, I have a kid, I couldn’t imagine them having to go to a relative then this situation happening
Sharknado, at this point, is more believable than what CW put up on the big screen.

Many are asking why the CW didn't outsource the reconstruction. I think the answer is very simple. They couldn't find an expert educated in things like math and science who would be willing to conclude JO was hit by a vehicle. So they found the kid in the office who took some community college courses and told him he was it.

The defense experts were hired by the FBI and I'm sure they'll bring it all home.
Ya, that was so apparent. After awhile, I started to feel so bad for the kid. AJ just kept kicking him down. Enough already lol. We get it. He is in way over his head, basically has no education or certificates. Doesn’t understand basic physics. It’s a joke.

But considering the CW is calling perjuring witnesses and uneducated experts to put his client in prison, he has to hammer this home repeatedly.

But I felt mostly bad for John’s family. To repeatedly listen about his body flying here and there. He was a real person. Not just a red arrow on a poorly constructed diagram.

Reading the text messages is interesting. Did anyone come away from those with the impression that it wasn’t that serious of a relationship? I had kind of already suspected this purely on the fact that they didn’t live together and weren’t engaged after 2 years.

But when she mentions her medical issues, “physically I’m falling apart,” surely this is something that a serious partner would already know and not need to be told about via text.

Not really sure what point I’m making or which it side it benefits, just an observation. MOO.

Also, when JO mentions something about “it’s been an issue for 8 years” (images were hard to read but I think that’s what it said) was he referring to the kids?
Because I'd read so much here on WS and from other outside sources, I did suspect that things weren't as serious between them. Add the texts with BH and KR's comments about not wanting marriage or children, and it seemed like the embers of their relationship were dying out—she was just trying to blow on the one last time to see if she could spark the flame back to life.

Not to disparage him, but very early on in the trial, I'd gotten the impression that OJO was a bit of a lady's man. Several ex-girlfriends were mentioned through testimony and it seems he wasn't the type of guy who was ready to settle down with a woman. I don't know the entire relationship dynamic between them, but I certainly don't blame KR for being angry about being used as a "babysitter with benefits," if that was the case.

Another problem with cw claiming arm injuries were caused by tail light shards is that If I'm not missing anything then those shards were not tested for JO's dna or blood or anything. Or if they were then we've heard zero about it. I mean come on, I'm not buying that there would have been no microscopic evidence to recover if tail light shards had really ripped through JO's clothing and caused those horrific wounds. Why oh why is Lally's case just so incompetent at every turn. Why does he continue to insult the intelligence of the jury and assume they are as thick as bricks. moo

Clocking in for another shift at this circus...
not today I don't think it will be. Voir Dire of defense experts who, by all accounts look to be very competent and qualified. Let's see if Lally actually perks up a bit when he cross examines witnesses. Or if he's still so mumbly he still has to be told to speak up!

@BienickWCVB

#KarenRead Good morning. Today Judge Beverly Cannone will hold a series of hearings on whether to allow testimony from defense expert witnesses. The jury is not present. Because of that, the judge is letting reporters sit in the jury box. Much more comfortable!

This is also a unique opportunity to observe the courtroom as the jury does. I'm in the seat closest to the witness stand and the bench.

The judge tells defense attorney Alan Jackson that there appears to be a violation of the discovery rules for one of their witnesses.

Jackson says he has not been able to speak with two of his other witnesses. The judge says she wants to see if they have credible testimony to contribute.

@BienickWCVB

Russell is expected to offer testimony about whether the injuries O'Keefe suffered on his arm could be the result of a dog attack.

The judge says there has been a discovery violation by the defense. Says this hearing will determine the remedy for that violation. Says prosecution will be able to ask whatever it wants during this hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aggie_C