VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the fbi investigations? There’s one ongoing regarding the actual (non) investigation of JOK being found at BA’s property right? Then there’s 2 more? So interesting.

I feel there was absolutely a cover up from jump. And I feel like the <name variation> (and some others) absolutely lied on the stand. Will those people (BA, NA, CA, CA, JA, J and M Mc, BH) … well are they under some kind of perjury (and worse, much worse) investigation? Tia!
No one seems to know exactly what is being investigated. I have to think it might be related to corruption/planted evidence. Why would they go to the trouble and expense to hire these excellent reconstruction engineers unless they have suspicions along that line? It's not likely they did that to help Karen Read - there is something bigger going on. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the verdict slip and AJj's concerns. Boy did Bev show her true bias and almost hatred for AJ today...and calling out KR for her reaction again tells me she has been waiting to do that but could not due to jurors. AJ's argument was good and when Bev looked to Yanetti for support...SHE GOT NONE. He has not seen this and is no stranger to lesser included. AJ made the point it is INVITING them to find her guilty of lesser. This trial has been so infuriating and I hope the jury just finds their way to filling it out the way they intend.
He warned her it was a basis for appeal right then and there. She just swatted that away. She is biased and does not care about fair trial. moo

So...from what I gathered from that brief bit, is AJ was upset that the VERDICT FORMS did not have a Not Guilty box to check, which he thought was agreed to yesterday. Judge Bev decides after listening to AJ's motion, that it wasn't necessary.
" This is how we do things in MA, Mr Jackson ". KR( smiles or chuckles?) at her decision. Judge Bev says, " Excuse me Ms Read? Do you find that funny?"

Court adjourned.

Pure nonsense
Judge Bev said “You’ve seen a verdict slip like this before haven’t you Mr. Yannetti.”

Yannetti stood up briefly to say “I haven’t seen a verdict slip like this before.”

Judge Bev then snickered at him.

KAREN READ: "So I pull at the foot of the driveway. It's snowing. John has no coat on. It's windy. So I drop him off. He goes up the driveway and approaches the side door, and as I see him approach the door, I look down at my phone."

Truth or outright lie? It can only be one or the other.

And then in her own words... before calling anyone... she went for a drive "looking for him." This isn't shown on the mysteriously missing ring cam footage.

She then says she woke up before 5 a.m. He still wasn't home. She then started canvassing the neighborhood.

KAREN READ: "I'm going to drive around in the two square miles that we spent the preceding night."

After 20 minutes of unsuccessful searching, she called John's friends, Kerry Roberts and Jennifer McCabe, Brian Albert's sister-in-law, who was also at his house the night before. The three women together now headed to Albert's home.

Witness testifies she looked outside 34F numerous times at 12:45 AM and see's KR's car there. Wifi data at JOK's house shows Karen is there at 12:35 am. So is this an outright lie or did LE make this up? It can only be one or the other.

Yes she went over it with him. I assume this style is not what he is accustomed to. But what I’m wondering is how can he only be looking at it now?
he said he brought it up and she agreed. Since that KING Bev has decided it is fine but never got back to them with her answer so he could put things on record. At this point nothing can be changed nor would Bev want to

I think it's entirely possible. The judge might send them back several times if that's the case, but cannot hold them hostage forever. And given what's gone on with this case, I think there's a good chance there will be a holdout on one side or the other.
I would think the state would want to avoid at all costs a repeat of this on national/international tv. It's really been an embarrassment for Mass.

I think she was laughing at the "That's how we do things MA, Mr. Jackson!" Thinking...yes, that's how you try to railroad innocent people here and are mad you are being confronted about it on national TV. Bev was obviously angry and lashing out this morning. Praying the jury will not be confused by this form and we get a NG today!

I don’t understand why his request was denied—it seems like such an easy and reasonable thing to do.
Bev is saying this is "how it is done in Ma" and yet Yanetti a seasoned defense attorney in MA has never seen it before? AJ was so right in his conclusion almost like encouraging a guilty vote on lesser

Oooohhhh! Judge Bev just verbally slapped Karen Read in court.....On The Record !
link?

View attachment 513343

View attachment 513344

View attachment 513345

“I don’t really care how it always is in Massachusetts. I care if it’s appropriate. Let me make my argument while it’s not appropriate.” Alan Jackson says. “I’d like an answer from the court, how do they decide she’s not guilty?” (2/4)

“They don’t check the box that says, ‘guilty,’” Judge Cannone says.“That’s not how it should be and it’s over our strong objection,” Jackson says.“It’s immediately appealable…it’s almost like the court is directing” a guilty verdict, Jackson says. (3/4)

“Excuse me, is this funny, Ms. Read?” Judge Cannone says in response to Karen Read's facial reaction.‘We’re done,” Judge says. (4/4)
Wow.
I'm searching online for rules for verdict forms..

he said he brought it up and she agreed. Since that KING Bev has decided it is fine but never got back to them with her answer so he could put things on record. At this point nothing can be changed nor would Bev want to
She even said that she told him his request sounded reasonable?! To me she sounded a bit flustered when she was defending the verdict slip.

can I ask where people watch the trial here...I had Law and Crime open but they did not cover them coming back in (at least that I heard) and to me that was an important interaction in the courtroom. Where are you planning on watching the verdict in real time? Thanks.

can I ask where people watch the trial here...I had Law and Crime open but they did not cover them coming back in (at least that I heard) and to me that was an important interaction in the courtroom. Where are you planning on watching the verdict in real time? Thanks.
I watched it on Law and Crime, it started around 38:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay