VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting….. and not in perhaps a good way IMO.

Wonder if that is someone’s idea of a ‘directed verdict’ in this case?

And would be interesting to see a tally of the potential issues for this case on appeal, just in case needed. IANAL. MOO
Maybe someone in the know will begin a tally. I'm sure the defense have one and must be adding to it on an almost daily basis!

This is so strange to me .. that people show up here every day with their cell phones out .. like it's the red carpet. I can't even imagine how that makes the family of JOK feel to see this circus. It's really sad.
Agreed! It would be more productive for the people to attend city hall meetings/community, etc. to voice their concerns, and advocate for their rights and to advocate for KR than what the town has been subject to. But, it's their tax dollars. I don't understand it, but that's just me. moo

Edit: write letters, vote, etc.

the town is treating KR as a hero. I think she struck a nerve with a town that has been ruled by crooked cops and people like the mafia Alberts. They are tired of it. You can see it at the Select Council meetings. They are more or less using this case hoping to change the whole structure of how business is done in Canton.
I can understand public sentiment, but the lack of decorum outside a court of law is unseemly and makes a mockery out of the process, imo. It's not a rally. My opinion, with the acknowledgement not everyone agrees.

jmo

I think after the verdict of NG (which I expect) KR and her family should thank the supporters..make it very quick and not a spectacle. There is a good man dead and now no one will be held accountable. At least the scapegoat will be vindicated but it is still so very sad. Of course anything can happen today. The alt. juror with bright pink dress is a bit obvious.
"Alt. juror with bright pink dress" ?

I can understand public sentiment, but the lack of decorum outside a court of law is unseemly and makes a mockery out of the process, imo. It's not a rally. My opinion, with the acknowledgement not everyone agrees.

jmo
The 'lack of decorum outside' has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of decorum INSIDE.

The 'process' is conducted inside and is in no way influenced by whatever is going on outside.

jmo
I have to agree. I can see why many are turned off by this behavior. I'm with them all the way, but I've seen some abhorrent behavior directed at the O'Keefe family and that is NOT OK. They would be more effective by simply sticking with positive messages supporting Karen and Justice For John, which is what this is supposed to be about. It's strange, because everyone agrees John deserves justice, but all disagree how what that looks like.

jmo
Ever watch Jerry Springer or Morton Downy Jr (the father of this style)

Could a drunk (lot of them in the area) have tossed a mini one shot glass in the yard and it shattered?
Yes imo. Quite frankly it could have been any old piss head from that night or previous occasions. And of course it could have been Proctor after the fact. The cw has proven a big fat zero of nothing beyond reasonable doubt. Moo

The 'lack of decorum outside' has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of decorum INSIDE.

The 'process' is conducted inside and is in no way influenced by whatever is going on outside.
I didn't say it was the inside process is influenced, I said it's unseemly and a mockery and that's my opinion, with acknowledgement that not everyone agrees.

jmo

sometimes it's called xenophobia depending on degree of dislike or even fear of outsiders. Dislike can sometimes mask an underlying fear or envy. Jmo. Insularity is so common too.
I am Mass born and bred and just want to say The Honorable Beverly J. Cannone should not be viewed as a representative of Mass as a whole.

can Any Attorneys /legal professionals like to weigh in?

Is this Judicial misconduct? Clearly biased

After AJ complained to the judge that the verdict slip did not have a ‘not guilty’ option for the lessor charges, and Bev said ‘this is the way we do it in MA,they got into a very heated argument.
would the judge turning to KR, (who was smiling) and saying ‘Excuse me, this is funny, Ms Read? ‘I am done with you, be showing bias.

IANAL but I doubt it, especially since the jury wasn't in the room. JMO

I listened to AJ closing again and it was really good. Going up against a team like this defense must be Lally's worst nightmare. But many have said even a public defender would look good with the facts of this case....but AJ is fun to watch he is so skilled.
He was. But at times he looked nervous.
My concern is that Lallys opening could win the case… although he rapidly descended into nonsense.

My OPINION, they gunna nail her on manslaughter.

Because technically her hitting him with the car didn't cause his death.
The freezing snow/ blizzard killed him.

I also think, even though she left him for dead, and the moments after busily spamming his voice mail with rageful vengeance she had no clue when she drove off when he would be found.

So manslaughter is the correct charge IMO.
But the ME testified that the head trauma immediately incapacitated him. Cause of death was both the head trauma and the hypothermia

Looking out the window five times, and being to remember the exact times she looked out. What a load of lies.
Perjury, deliberate. No question.moo. And maybe Lally should be a little concerned given his opening and then his altered closing, cos looks a lot to me like he could have conspired in it. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog