VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is what people in court are reporting...given the color outside for KR supporters is the pink..seems off.
Idk, pink is a common color for a sundress. Plus the jurors aren’t meant to see any of the supporters/protesters outside because they go in through a different entrance, right?

could an Attorney or legal professionals weigh in on this?

Is this Judicial misconduct?

would the judge turning to KR, (who was smiling) and saying ‘Excuse me, this is funny, Ms Read? ‘I am done with you, be showing bias.
i think it will be a moot issue but the judge clearly knew after the fact and probably her superiors saw the display that it did not go down well and the verdict form concern by AJ was valid. She took care of that but not much she can do about her comments to KR.

Looking out the window five times, and being to remember the exact times she looked out. What a load of lies.
And had JMcC looked out when she said she did and saw KR's vehicle was gone (since she said it had been stopped by the flag pole) JMcC would have seen JOK laying on the lawn, he would have been in her direct line of sight. Total baloney and perjury.

Yes they did. A good man who took over caring for two orphaned children. RIP Officer.
i don't know if that would be permitted but some mention of his life including losing his family members and taking the children, being a cop and I am certain other accomplishments. Humanize the man that lost his life that night due to the defendant's actions. I just did not hear that.

He was. But at times he looked nervous.
My concern is that Lallys opening could win the case… although he rapidly descended into nonsense.
I agree that Lally’s opening was very impactful. Will the jury remember that several witnesses stated that she asked the question, “Did I hit him?” as opposed to the declarative statement, “I hit him.” One little word……

May be coincidental, may be that she knows something bad is happening.. I think a few of the protesters wear pink too..
Possibly but I think it's just as possible that she is an emotional person who is upset she was selected as an alternate. If it's what you suggest then I hope she has her wires crossed or her intuition or maybe what she perceives she perceives she knows is off. Personally this level of speculation is a step too far for me though!

But I must say I think in context it is a mistake for an alternate juror to wear/emphasise pink in a way that suggests it was chosen deliberately?( is colour associated with free KR protesters?). Is the reporting that she is wearing all pink everday? It could mean she is not ignoring everything extraneous to the evidence presented in court. If she ever does need to be called in to deliberate she might find herself dismissed. moo

eta ignore above if pink is not a protester colour of note cos Idk that it is

Oh
I agree that Lally’s opening was very impactful. Will the jury remember that several witnesses stated that she asked the question, “Did I hit him?” as opposed to the declarative statement, “I hit him.” One little word……
or the made up fact that she drove to Fairview in the middle of the night? (In her ford edge?? WTH.

Possibly but I think it's just as possible that she is an emotional person who is upset she was selected as an alternate. If it's what you suggest then I hope she has her wires crossed or her intuition or maybe what she perceives she perceives she knows is off. Persoanlly this level of speculation is a step to far for me though!

But I must say I think in context it is a mistake for an alternate juror to wear/emphsise pink in a way that suggests it was chosen deliberately?( is colour associated with free KR protesters). Is the reporting that she is wearing all pink everday? It could mean she is not ignoring everything extraneous to the evidence presented in court. If she ever does need to be called in to deliberate she might find herself dismissed. moo

No, it hasn't been mentioned as something happening everyday. I don't think anyone was making a point or emphasizing wearing pink. It could be as simple as the juror felt like wearing a pink dress today, nothing more nothing less.

My OPINION, they gunna nail her on manslaughter.

Because technically her hitting him with the car didn't cause his death.
The freezing snow/ blizzard killed him.

I also think, even though she left him for dead, and the moments after busily spamming his voice mail with rageful vengeance she had no clue when she drove off when he would be found.

So manslaughter is the correct charge IMO.

If there had been any credible testimony that he actually was hit by a car, any car, I'd be with you. But, there wasn't, in my opinion.

And everything goes from there, which is why she should be found NG on all counts.

IMO MOO

Idk, pink is a common color for a sundress. Plus the jurors aren’t meant to see any of the supporters/protesters outside because they go in through a different entrance, right?
Plus it's reported that she is an alternate, so she wouldn't even be in the deliberation room. Unless some other juror is talking to her about it (which, they aren't allowed to), then her dress color is a non-issue IMO.

i think it will be a moot issue but the judge clearly knew after the fact and probably her superiors saw the display that it did not go down well and the verdict form concern by AJ was valid. She took care of that but not much she can do about her comments to KR.

I agree with that. There was nothing inappropriate done in front of the jury. Judicially, she was fine. However, the cameras were rolling. Judge, in her momentary lack of reasoning, forgot that. Under such, she herself just moments before scolding KR for laughing, had giggled/chuckled out loud at Yannetti's comment about him not ever seeing a Verdict form like that before. Then she does her snarling take-down of KR for laughing. Netflix was watching.....We all were watching.

She needed to act quickly to redeem herself, and she did. But we saw it.

I do wonder who will portray her in the series.
;)

If there had been any credible testimony that he actually was hit by a car, any car, I'd be with you. But, there wasn't, in my opinion.

And everything goes from there, which is why she should be found NG on all counts.

IMO MOO
None of the charges require that her car ever touched him-

was just wondering that. I was under impression that pink was a protester colour but I take it it's not then. All good then imo

None of the charges require that her car ever touched him-

Then it's even less believable that she killed him. She's a tiny woman with myriad health problems. Even hammered out of his mind, JOK could probably have snapped her like a twig if he needed to defend himself.

IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members