VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury enters. Here comes the judge.

The jury confirms they have not discussed the case with anyone outside of themselves since yesterday. One of the alternate jurors is wearing a bright pink dress, the same color Read supporters are wearing outside. She's the same alternate who seemed to be crying yesterday.

The jury exits.

@BienickWCVB

Last edited:
@BienickWCVB

Judge Cannone & Read's attorneys also came to a compromise yesterday about the language on the verdict slip for the vehicular manslaughter/OUI charge. During a heated discussion about that issue, the judge rebuked the defendant by saying, "Excuse me, this is funny, Ms Read?"

8:55 AM · Jun 27, 2024

This annoys me so much. I saw the video. KR doesn't even say anything; she's literally just sitting there but the judge feels the need to snap at her for some reason.

100% this. It’s absurd to think such a “theory” is sufficient in the US to send someone to prison. Sort of a “we don’t know how exactly, and the evidence doesn’t support any of our whackadoodle theories, but just trust us on this.”

Just, no.
In other words, look the other way just like the defense said

I think she is very biased in favor of CW but most of her behavior shows a distain for AJ basically I think because he is a big name from LAX...seems like some in this area of MA don't like "outsiders" ie AJ and KR.
More like put at risk that she (the judge) will not get the verdict she wants .

@SueNBCBoston

The judge and jurors are entering.
Court is in session.

Many jurors look a little bleary eyed.
Even tho 3 jurors were dismissed, and 2 alternates are not with the jury, they sit in the same seats, leaving those formerly filled seats empty

Jurors answer the 3 questions.
Off they go to deliberate.
We won’t return to the courtroom until 3:30 unless there’s reason to come back.

The boxes and bags of evidence are being removed from the judge’s chambers on a hand truck.

Jurors were in and out quickly.
I assume today there may not be a hard stop at 4pm?

The jury enters. Here comes the judge.

The jury confirms they have not discussed the case with anyone outside of themselves since yesterday. One of the alternate jurors is wearing a bright pink dress, the same color Read supporters are wearing outside. She's the same alternate who seemed to be crying yesterday.

The jury exits.

@BienickWCVB
Maybe she could sense what way the others want to vote and is crying in frustration that she is only an alternative.

This is so strange to me .. that people show up here every day with their cell phones out .. like it's the red carpet. I can't even imagine how that makes the family of JOK feel to see this circus. It's really sad.
the town is treating KR as a hero. I think she struck a nerve with a town that has been ruled by crooked cops and people like the mafia Alberts. They are tired of it. You can see it at the Select Council meetings. They are more or less using this case hoping to change the whole structure of how business is done in Canton.

This annoys me so much. I saw the video. KR doesn't even say anything; she's literally just sitting there but the judge feels the need to snap at her for some reason.
I think that response was due to pent up feelings by the judge who clearly has no time for this defendant that is challenging the way they do business in the area. She had to hold back when jury was present. That said there were times when KR was turning around or giggling with attorneys that I thought it inappropriate but not to the level of that lash out that the judge gave her yesterday.

In other words, look the other way just like the defense said
I listened to AJ closing again and it was really good. Going up against a team like this defense must be Lally's worst nightmare. But many have said even a public defender would look good with the facts of this case....but AJ is fun to watch he is so skilled.

I think she is very biased in favor of CW but most of her behavior shows a distain for AJ basically I think because he is a big name from LAX...seems like some in this area of MA don't like "outsiders" ie AJ and KR.
sometimes it's called xenophobia depending on degree of dislike or even fear of outsiders. Dislike can sometimes mask an underlying fear or envy. Jmo. Insularity is so common too.

@TedDanielnews

Good morning from day 3 of deliberations in the Commonwealth vs. Karen Read.

-Jury has resumed deliberations. Lawyers told to alert court if they are leaving the building

-A Trooper took charge of the media line yesterday and made a list for today. It worked well and hopefully saved some of my colleagues from overnighting it here. Hopefully rinse/repeat moving forward.

-Have to thank the great team I've been working with on this trial. This job can be a grind and I get to grind with the best of 'em: @bostonTVguy @one_tall_photog Matt DeFillippo, Bob Goodale, Christine Swartz @benmakestv

9:26 AM · Jun 27, 2024

I think after the verdict of NG (which I expect) KR and her family should thank the supporters..make it very quick and not a spectacle. There is a good man dead and now no one will be held accountable. At least the scapegoat will be vindicated but it is still so very sad. Of course anything can happen today. The alt. juror with bright pink dress is a bit obvious.

sometimes it's called xenophobia depending on degree of dislike or even fear of outsiders. Dislike can sometimes mask an underlying fear or envy. Jmo. Insularity is so common too.
The judge does not like being made to look bad and AJ has done that many times in this courtroom...always with conviction but respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02