MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some powerful stuff here. It seems many are very protective of KR— from what I’ve seen she certainly stands up for herself, has a great family and defense team.

I just think it’s really sad when the victim of the crime and their family are forgotten and vilified. RIP John O’Keefe. Editing to add: I don’t think a crime victim’s family can be expected to be completely objective and analytical.

“The mistrial that happened the other day, obviously, it wasn't ideal. But if we have to do it again, we will do it again," Paul O'Keefe told WBZ-TV. "It's just a bump in the road and like I said, we will do it again. We will do it as many times as we have to”

“Paul O'Keefe was asked what he believes happened the night of his brother's death.

“Prosecutors say Read and John O'Keefe's relationship had deteriorated in the months before his death. The night of O'Keefe's death, Read left him a series of angry voicemails, including one where she says "John, I f---ing hate you."

"We know what happened," Paul O'Keefe said. "We know that Johnny and Karen were arguing, it was kind of towards the end of their relationship. Things weren't well. They were drinking, and arguing and fighting, and in an intoxicated state of rage and jealousy, she just decided that she was going to do something about it."

“This is about my brother"​

Paul O'Keefe said that his family has received hateful messages from members of the "Free Karen Read" movement.

"Yelling, screaming, calling us names. To this day I don't know what I did wrong," he said. "I get messages all the time, through Facebook, or other ways of communication. Telling me that I'm a moron, I'm stupid, open my eyes and all this stuff. I don't really care what people say to me. Because this isn't about me. This is about my brother."

“Paul O'Keefe also addressed an exchange he had in the courtroom with Read minutes after the mistrial was declared.”

“Throughout the trial, she liked to turn and look at me and smirk. She has never once made eye contact with my wife, Erin. So when the mistrial was announced, she turned and looked right at Erin and gave her a smirk, and then went over and was hugging and celebrating to some extent," Paul O'Keefe said. "And I just said, you know, 'You are not done yet.'"

"It's turned into the Karen Read show"​

“With the case gaining national attention and support growing for Read, Paul O'Keefe said his brother has been forgotten.”
Im really glad Paul got out into the public an interview.
Remind the world it's not the Karen Read spectacle.
Its his brothers death.

These people have endured harassment that is absolutely unacceptable.

Can see though that they are a strong family and ready to go again.
Prepared to stay the course until justice for John arrives.
:cool:

moo

Juror #3 From listening to her interview, I understood that in her opinion there was reasonable doubt.

Maybe I didn't express myself right. Is voting "not guilty" the same as "reasonable doubt"? I think it is. So maybe I just expressed myself poorly, sorry. I understand that the Juror #3 was sitting there every day, diligently taking notes (good note-taking tells me something), and at the end, the burden of facts presented by the prosecution did not convince her that KR was guilty. What is important to me in this context is not whether KR is IRL is guilty. But, the person sitting inside, listening for days, remained unconvinced. Much as I lean on the side of KR's guilt, I believe that a hung jury is better in this case.

Im really glad Paul got out into the public an interview.
Remind the world it's not the Karen Read spectacle.
Its his brothers death.

These people have endured harassment that is absolutely unacceptable.

Can see though that they are a strong family and ready to go again.
Prepared to stay the course until justice for John arrives.
:cool:

moo

His full right. Besides justice for his brother, there might be some unethical aspects in this case, and they, too, need to be known to public.

He is the only son, the strongest man of his once-large family, he should fight for the truth.

I only hope he doesn't bring JO's wards into it. Give or take, they are the only children of his departed sister and JO. If there is a fund for their therapy, for this cause, I'd gladly donate. But, their lives can not be marred by a vendetta. May they grow into good people.

I have explained this ad nauseum. JOK had not come home. JOK had young children at home he was caring for. Since taking care of those young children, JOK ALWAYS came home. So lets not act like him not coming home was some normal occurance and she should assume he's sleeping at a house he doesn't even know how to get to. JMO
In that case he should have been exactly where she left him.
Problem solved.

And Indeed he was. EXACTLY where she left him.

There was absolutely no logical need for the frenzy. ....
KR guilty knowledge that night tripped her up over and over again...all night long.

moo

I came in just before the end of the prosecution case this time, having promised myself to stay away lol

But the trainwreck accident scene investigator witness was just too interesting. Was this that rare case when an innocent was fitted up?

I have to say the more I've read, the less I believe that is true. I think this is likely a much more mundane conspiracy, of the usual police failings, incompetence and subsequent bad faith CYA actions. The case has become notable because of the hype the defence successfully built around it, and now is being copied elsewhere.

I think that's a bad thing personally. Now every error or failing by LE to investigate speculation is evidence of the cover up that is amplified by filings designed to be read by the public rather than the Judge. I also really worry how common it is to now claim the Judge is somehow in on it, or is so biased they are railroading a well represented defendant.

I get many here will disagree with me so please accept in the spirit it was written!

Final 02c

I don't see how the State brings this case again, precisely because it was so botched in those first hours.

MOO

I came in just before the end of the prosecution case this time, having promised myself to stay away lol

But the trainwreck accident scene investigator witness was just too interesting. Was this that rare case when an innocent was fitted up?

I have to say the more I've read, the less I believe that is true. I think this is likely a much more mundane conspiracy, of the usual police failings, incompetence and subsequent bad faith CYA actions. The case has become notable because of the hype the defence successfully built around it, and now is being copied elsewhere.

I think that's a bad thing personally. Now every error or failing by LE to investigate speculation is evidence of the cover up that is amplified by filings designed to be read by the public rather than the Judge. I also really worry how common it is to now claim the Judge is somehow in on it, or is so biased they are railroading a well represented defendant.

I get many here will disagree with me so please accept in the spirit it was written!

Final 02c

I don't see how the State brings this case again, precisely because it was so botched in those first hours.

MOO
Well I didn't listen to the noise or hear it and only saw glimpses at the court hearings, I was surprised and wondered about their origin, but only vaguely because I know the jurors were not aware of them, the facts of the case, prosecution or defense were not influenced by them..

I only watched the trial and it was ages before I dug out the court documents.

The medical evidence does not support 'hit by a vehicle'. It does not and it can not.

It looks like she was setup but her own vulnerable state did not prevent that happening, she wasn't strong mentally at that time, I doubt she is now, either.. She looks wrecked.

It COULD have happened but not without leaving substantial evidence on the victim's body.

It is not possible.

That is why she is innocent. Has to be innocent.

It could only work had she alighted from her vehicle before he entered the property and slapped him with a hatched on the back of his head.

She didn't do that.

Somebody else did.

Common sense would lead any half baked police dept to investigate fully..
The people that were there after she left.
The actual house that was never processed, the attendees who did not put up a convincing testimony in court.

The noise has and had nothing to do with what went on in the court itself. The court is protected from hysteria, protesters, bullhorns , bloggers or whatever..
Just not liars.

Maybe I didn't express myself right. Is voting "not guilty" the same as "reasonable doubt"? I think it is. So maybe I just expressed myself poorly, sorry. I understand that the Juror #3 was sitting there every day, diligently taking notes (good note-taking tells me something), and at the end, the burden of facts presented by the prosecution did not convince her that KR was guilty. What is important to me in this context is not whether KR is IRL is guilty. But, the person sitting inside, listening for days, remained unconvinced. Much as I lean on the side of KR's guilt, I believe that a hung jury is better in this case.
You wrote: "She, with the notes, and having sat there, believes that the case did not meet the standards for reasonable doubt."

You wrote, "she did NOT meet the standards for reasonable doubt", in your original post, which implies the alternate juror would have found her guilty. But the alternate juror with her excellent notes would have found KR not guilty.

BBM.
MOO.

Well I didn't listen to the noise or hear it and only saw glimpses at the court hearings, I was surprised and wondered about their origin, but only vaguely because I know the jurors were not aware of them, the facts of the case, prosecution or defense were not influenced by them..

I only watched the trial and it was ages before I dug out the court documents.

The medical evidence does not support 'hit by a vehicle'. It does not and it can not.

It looks like she was setup but her own vulnerable state did not prevent that happening, she wasn't strong mentally at that time, I doubt she is now, either.. She looks wrecked.

It COULD have happened but not without leaving substantial evidence on the victim's body.

It is not possible.

That is why she is innocent. Has to be innocent.

It could only work had she alighted from her vehicle before he entered the property and slapped him with a hatched on the back of his head.

She didn't do that.

Somebody else did.

Common sense would lead any half baked police dept to investigate fully..
The people that were there after she left.
The actual house that was never processed, the attendees who did not put up a convincing testimony in court.

The noise has and had nothing to do with what went on in the court itself. The court is protected from hysteria, protesters, bullhorns , bloggers or whatever..
Just not liars.
It's hard to get past the expert testimony that it was not even possible he was hit by a vehicle (any vehicle including a snow plow).
So, If he wasn't hit by a vehicle, then how did his wounds occur?
That's the million dollar question the defense tried to answer the best they could with the other evidence they uncovered.
Had Proctor done his job properly and investigated the circumstances inside the house and at the side entrance that morning, that answer most likely would have been uncovered from the beginning.
But, nope! The homeowner is a Boston cop too!
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back