MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that an MVA was never mentioned in the ER notes is huge. That's because no one told the docs or nurses the same at the time he arrived. The first thing the nurses and docs do, is chart on the patients presentation.. (Patient arrived un responsive, intubated, C-collar in place, CPR in progress.) THEN, you TELL THE STORY !!!! As in, ( Per EMS, patient found unresponsive outside covered in snow......)

The vehicle (story ) came later. Imagine that...

MOO
Great point and hopefully not lost on the jury moo

The charging document said that John O'Keefe tried to kick Karen out of the home and she refused. It doesn't look like either child said that during their testimony. No other witness previously testified to it either.

It's something that's previously been highlighted as evidence of Karen's motive. However, with the eyewitnesses part of the trial pretty much done, I don't think the jury will ever hear anything about that.
Who made the claim about JOK tried to kick KR out of his home? Does it state in the charging document?

Not sure I agree. While I'm fully on board with the kids' testimony not being streamed, their testimony is a matter of public record and shouldn't be hidden. Just my opinion.
I'm sure MSM will report on it, jmo but given it has been reported it doesn't need to be all over twitter. I understand your position even though I don't agree in this instance

eta meant X formally known as twitter

Not sure I agree. While I'm fully on board with the kids' testimony not being streamed, their testimony is a matter of public record and shouldn't be hidden. Just my opinion.

I wish we would get some sort of transcript of what they said. Reading some of the tweets I earlier mentioned that the niece never mentioned that JO wanted to KR to move out. But now according to others maybe she did say that.

What the niece testified to is important insofar as it goes to motive, so it would be great to know what exactly she said.

@SueNBCBoston

Dr Faller is talking about blood testing. Maybe the blood alcohol level will come in here.

1:50 PM · May 28, 2024

The two jurors who were nodding during Dr Rice’s explanations are nodding now, too.
Lally asking about the alcohol or drug test.Dr Faller says they are not routine.

1:51 PM · May 28, 2024

I'm sure MSM will report on it, jmo but given it has been reported it doesn't need to be all over twitter. I understand your position even though I don't agree in this instance

The testimony is being used to attempt to convict someone of murder. I agree the kids should have privacy and not be broadcast, but their testimony should be reported the same as all other testimony.

If Lally didn't want to give the kids this level of exposure, he shouldn't have insisted they testify.

The testimony is being used to attempt to convict someone of murder. I agree the kids should have privacy and not be broadcast, but their testimony should be reported the same as all other testimony.
If Lally didn't want to give the kids this level of exposure, he shouldn't have insisted they testify.
No problem. I agree ofcourse it was Lally's choice and I disagree with it but that doesn't change what is already done.

i might have missed this. but how old is the Niece that testified? And she's friends with JA's daughter, and knows JA pretty well? the few statements we got from today, seems a little different than her brothers....

@FallRiverReport

The doctor has been given the blood report of Karen Read.
The last doctor told us it was 93 milligrams.
Lally wants to talk about the process but Bev has stopped testimony because NO ONE CAN HEAR LALLY OR THE WITNESS.

She said if they can't talk louder, they are going to have to shut off one of the fans and they do not want to do that.

2:02 PM · May 28, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member