MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday my girlfriend called me and asked if my husband was ok. I said yeah he’s at the garage, why. She said he called me a bunch of times and when I called him back ….he wouldn’t answer. True story, he was butt dialing her…just saying it happens. He keeps his phone in his pocket.

The thing about the Brian Albert / Brian Higgins near-simultaneous butt dials is that the calls were answered. But unlike your girlfriend, the recipients claim no one called them.

And then in all likelihood John was dead when Jen McCabe was butt dialing him. But her calls never went to voicemail so she was both butt dialing and butt hanging up.

Believable? You be the judge.

Personally I think KR isn’t helping herself coming off so smug.
How is the defendant "coming off so smug?"

As in defense tactics? I mean, she has scientific expert witnesses who will testify, is that smug?

Or are we once again attacking KR's appearance, because there is no evidence that she is guilty?

The thing about the Brian Albert / Brian Higgins near-simultaneous butt dials is that the calls were answered. But unlike your girlfriend, the recipients claim no one called them.

And then in all likelihood John was dead when Jen McCabe was butt dialing him. But her calls never went to voicemail so she was both butt dialing and butt hanging up.

Believable? You be the judge.
I was talking about Jen’s calls. No explanation for the others besides you got a couple of drunk guys and phones. It doesn’t prove anything.

Great, now I made three of these. I myself have no idea who did not go to his wake/(huge of course, police officer/Boston, ) or who did. Sometimes people just go to the wake or just to the funeral mass/services. I was so interested too, to see if ANY of the players went to either. I know KR had a stay away order from his family. I assumeddddddddddd 'McAlberts all went in force for their 'beloved friend' and especially a 'show' of brothers in blue respect from the now retired Albert cop and his still on the Canton PD brother, Kevin.
well they go all the way to NYC for a funeral of someone they never met so not showing at JO's funeral is telling.

How is the defendant "coming off so smug?"

As in defense tactics? I mean, she has scientific expert witnesses who will testify, is that smug?

Or are we once again attacking KR's appearance, because there is no evidence that she is guilty?
Nothing with her appearance, she dresses nicely and is very attractive. It’s her facial expressions at times, just rubs me the wrong way.

I was talking about Jen’s calls. No explanation for the others besides you got a couple of drunk guys and phones. It doesn’t prove anything.

But my point was that it's completely different than your girlfriend's situation. What would have happened if your GF hadn't answered your husband's call? It would have gone to voicemail and when she later replayed the message she would have heard a five minute long recording of static and scraping noises.

But Jen's call never went to VM. Instead somehow she hung up and called again multiple times, all while the phone was in her back pocket. That's not plausible IMO.

But my point was that it's completely different than your girlfriend's situation. What would have happened if your GF hadn't answered your husband's call? It would have gone to voicemail and when she later replayed the message she would have heard a five minute long recording of static and scraping noises.

But Jen's call never went to VM. Instead somehow she hung up and called again multiple times, all while the phone was in her back pocket. That's not plausible IMO.

Oppp sorry I see what you’re saying but it is plausible if she was doing a lot of moving.

There has been so many inconsistencies by the prosecution witnesses let's not forget the text to the group saying something along the lines of "tell them he was never in the house"

Why would you have to say this to everyone if he was never in the house? Makes no sense if he wasn't in the house everyone would just say, yeah he wasn't in the house you don't need a group text!

Yeah, it clearly makes no sense that he would just happen to decide on a whim to get rid of his old phone while taking a shortcut through a U.S. military base.

He obviously made a conscious choice to go there and destroy the phone. For what reason, I don't know, but his behavior is very suspicious.

Agreed! To even get on base as a guest, a military service member stationed on base has to submit a notice/request, which needs to be approved. The gate guards have a list and you need to show ID! Cut through the D Attorney has not made many missteps, however should have been all over that.

Last edited:
One of my FIRM thoughts previously here was that he lay where he was pretty much killed. Evidence, behaviors throughout that night and after had me change my thinking. I just wrote that I was surprised that they didn't put him in the street or closer to the road. I wonder if originally they quickly cooked up we'll let it be thought a plow hit him. Jen McC, said she was texting him and SAW KR's SUV STOP at that area. (whatever they planned to say about that) After that 'event' and in the morning with KR, KR as we know, was saying to HER, 'I hit him, (3 times JMc said KR said this). NOT determined for sure if KR said Did I or could I have. The perfect idea sprang to mind for her which she passed on to Albert and the others. Also, JMc SAW the SUV sitting at that spot as well. That could of been why also brought to that spot. Albert just wanted JO out from his house..
I really can't figure out what happened, with the mess they made of this investigation mainly, and I definitely think KR will not be found guilty of murder nor should she be, but I have to say there is a problem with your scenario imo.

If the people in the house in any way brought an unconscious or incapacitated or dead JO outside to leave him on the lawn for whatever reason, there would be evidence of that, wouldn't there be??

Drag marks mostly, I have to assume. I suppose 2 men could have carried him out without JO touching the ground, but that would have been a struggle with JO weighing 220, plus snow had already been falling for some time, so if not drag marks, there would have to be obvious footprints. Obvious in the way that an investigation would have shown prints of 2 men, and I think a REAL investigation could even surmise that they were carrying a heavy load by scrutinizing the tracks. Even if they just kicked him out of the house by shoving him out a door, JO's stumbling footprints would still be seen.

So I think that he died pretty much where they found him, or they could have seen anything otherwise.

I can't remember exactly all the times everybody said they came and left, and a lot of them were approximate anyway, so it's hard to say, but I think it's possible that JO was hit by a vehicle, but not necessarily KR's. She wasn't the only one coming and/or going during this time span.

And it seems a more likely vehicle to hit him, considering the weird injuries he had, would be the one with the (sharper-edged?) plow attached, BH's Jeep. He came or left around the time JO got there, especially if JO, in his drunkenness, for whatever reason, stumbled around outside for a bit before going inside.

There was vomit on him, so maybe he got out of KR's vehicle and didn't go right in because he had to throw up first, which he would have done outside, of course. They should have seen evidence of that near the curb probably, but I don't think their investigation was even that thorough. But his injuries would be different if he was hit by a car while standing, which is hard to believe, because why would he just be standing there as a car came at him, as opposed to if he was hit by a vehicle while double over throwing up at the side of the road on the lawn, which is where he was dropped off. Which would also make it hard for KR to see him after he got out, if he was leaning over throwing up, out of her view.

butt dialing and the call was returned promptly with butt dialing! What a non-coincidence.

I really can't figure out what happened, with the mess they made of this investigation mainly, and I definitely think KR will not be found guilty of murder nor should she be, but I have to say there is a problem with your scenario imo.

If the people in the house in any way brought an unconscious or incapacitated or dead JO outside to leave him on the lawn for whatever reason, there would be evidence of that, wouldn't there be??

Drag marks mostly, I have to assume. I suppose 2 men could have carried him out without JO touching the ground, but that would have been a struggle with JO weighing 220, plus snow had already been falling for some time, so if not drag marks, there would have to be obvious footprints. Obvious in the way that an investigation would have shown prints of 2 men, and I think a REAL investigation could even surmise that they were carrying a heavy load by scrutinizing the tracks. Even if they just kicked him out of the house by shoving him out a door, JO's stumbling footprints would still be seen.

So I think that he died pretty much where they found him, or they could have seen anything otherwise.

I can't remember exactly all the times everybody said they came and left, and a lot of them were approximate anyway, so it's hard to say, but I think it's possible that JO was hit by a vehicle, but not necessarily KR's. She wasn't the only one coming and/or going during this time span.

And it seems a more likely vehicle to hit him, considering the weird injuries he had, would be the one with the (sharper-edged?) plow attached, BH's Jeep. He came or left around the time JO got there, especially if JO, in his drunkenness, for whatever reason, stumbled around outside for a bit before going inside.

There was vomit on him, so maybe he got out of KR's vehicle and didn't go right in because he had to throw up first, which he would have done outside, of course. They should have seen evidence of that near the curb probably, but I don't think their investigation was even that thorough. But his injuries would be different if he was hit by a car while standing, which is hard to believe, because why would he just be standing there as a car came at him, as opposed to if he was hit by a vehicle while double over throwing up at the side of the road on the lawn, which is where he was dropped off. Which would also make it hard for KR to see him after he got out, if he was leaning over throwing up, out of her view.
Yes! He gave the driveway a quick sweep. Where did he toss that snow. They cleaned up snow from the crime scene.

Here is discovery info about a video JO sent to canton police detective Kevin Albert and texts between the two. This could be big if evidence hasn't gone missing......View attachment 506659
There you go and that info was told and given to brothers Albert. Don't know the extent of the activity or who but CPD does if JO had those details such as VIDEO as well. Who was in the video. Snitches get stitches. (if they're lucky and involves an Albert)

I like the way you think, cause many were my thoughts also.

There you go and that info was told and given to brothers Albert. Don't know the extent of the activity or who but CPD does if JO had those details such as VIDEO as well. Who was in the video. Snitches get stitches. (if they're lucky and involves an Albert)
The info or part of it is missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member