MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is fascinating! If the Defense sucsessfully defend their client, this will be the next 'If the glove dont fit' case. I am not saying that the Defendant is or is not guilty, but the odds are hugely stacked against her due to extenuating circumstances.

Great point that I have not taken into consideration.
And other factors could include when the pieces were alleged to have fallen, how large were they, how deep was the snow, how long had it fallen, did more snow fall before the street was plowed, the size of the plow, how fast was the plow going? (Wish I paid more attention in physics’ class ;) And not trying to be a smarty at all; just plenty more reasonable doubt for the defense and case IMO.) MOO

Great point that I have not taken into consideration.
I can't get my mind off the fact that BH heard his plow grinding on the ground before driving away. (the neighbors could have heard it to, lets explain that away), and that the plaintiffs cleaned up snow from the crime scene. There was no valid reason that BH would have lowered his plow before entering the house, and no valid reason that I can envision that the Plaintiffs would clean up snow from the crime scene.

So, this is weird. More coincidences. See link to Canton Citizen article at end of post. Lank and Kevin Albert were the responding officers. Again, “nothing to see here” by Lank and Albert. The investigation was completing about the time of JOK death. Can read the report (redacted) https://www.scribd.com/document/596...e-former-Stoughton-Police-Department-officers Then, I remembered JOK was assigned to the sex crimes unit of BPD.. Did he find out something that was supposed to stay buried? New allegations reported in Sandra Birchmore case | Canton Citizen
I would love to see the Police duty schedule prior to the crime!

COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
SUPREME JUDICIAL COURT FOR SUFFOLK COUNTY
SUFFOLK, ss. NO. SJ-2023-______
NORFOLK SUPERIOR COURT
NO. 2282-CR-00117
KAREN READ,
Petitioner
v.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS,
Respondent

snipped
According to Detective Michael
Lank’s testimony before the Grand Jury, on February 4, 2022
(one full week after Mr. O’Keefe’s passing), Ken Berkowitz
(“Chief Berkowitz”), the Chief of the Canton Police
Department, purportedly drove by the Fairview Residence and
saw — from his moving vehicle — an additional piece of red
plastic that was consistent with the taillight of Ms.
Read’s vehicle. R.A. 149; R.A. 448.It is worth noting that
this was a scene that had been searched, re-searched, and
searched again by no fewer than three sets of police
officials. Id. Yet Chief Berkowitz claims that he glanced
from his moving car while driving, saw a shard of lens
material on the ground many yards away and — at speed —
recognized the shard’s evidentiary value, and stopped his
car to report the finding. R.A. 448;R.A. 511-512. One of
the officers under the Chief’s command, Kevin Albert, is 34
Fairview Road homeowner Brian Albert’s brother. R.A. 448.

https://elderlaw.info/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/sj-2023-0343-petition.pdf
Unbelievable! The same crew who cleaned up snow from the crime scene!

I can't get my mind off the fact that BH heard his plow grinding on the ground before driving away. (the neighbors could have heard it to, lets explain that away), and that the plaintiffs cleaned up snow from the crime scene. There was no valid reason that BH would have lowered his plow before entering the house, and no valid reason that I can envision that the Plaintiffs would clean up snow from the crime scene.
I thought he said in his testimony, he took a quick sweep of the Albert's driveway when he was there before everyone else even though it was only a dusting. Is that true???? However, I'm not sure how having his plow up or down really changes anything.

Don’t disagree at all. And yet might another factor be….. if they were located or lain there, might a plow have moved them or strewn them from an original location? And if so, then might be impractical to determine the original location as well? MOO
Again though, if jury accept five am ring cam footage showing tail light intact, what relevance is it to the jury if a hypothetical snow plow is produced to suggest transportation of the shards to the lawn some time after five am? CW says KR did it with her lexus at about 12.30am. CW need to discredit that ring cam priority number uno imo.

NORFOLK SUPERIOR COURT
NO. 2282-CR-00117
KAREN READ,
Petitioner
v.
Respondent

snipped

Thanks wishbone. So a ‘drive by’ visual led to this? How large was the lens’ piece or shard? Only one? There wasn’t a crew crawling all over that place for days after the event searching for evidence of value to the case? I will refrain from commenting on the investigative procedures, techniques, protocol, etc. And chain of custody? One more for the reasonable doubt ledger IMO. MOO

By my way of thinking, the point of impact should have been on the street and therefore if the tail light cracked upon impact the pieces should be on the street, not in the lawn. I am not sure what location the Chief purported to find the pieces of tail light but that could be a big deal to me.
I think a factor could have been how ineberiated the Defendant was when making a three point turn.

I thought he said in his testimony, he took a quick sweep of the Albert's driveway when he was there before everyone else even though it was only a dusting. Is that true???? However, I'm not sure how having his plow up or down really changes anything.
a quick sweeping for a dusting of snow would have damaged the plow, unlikely he did that. However there is a theory he was hit by a snow plow. It sure was not a public works plow.

Again though, if jury accept five am ring cam footage showing tail light intact, what relevance is it to the jury if a hypothetical snow plow is produced to suggest transportation of the shards to the lawn some time after five am? CW says KR did it with her lexus at about 12.30am. CW need to discredit that ring cam priority number uno imo.
I absolutely agree…. and can only wonder if perhaps some pieces of evidence magically appear? Like Lucky Charms perhaps? /sarc MOO

For me, the outcome of this trial depends on the darn tail light pieces. Can defense actually convince a jury that one or more persons were responsible for gathering her tail light pieces and placing them on the lawn?
Given how intentionally bad the investigation was, that the cameras at the police station where they took her car stopped working, and the fact that nobody saw tail light pieces at the initial investigation, I don't think the defense has to show much else. Chain of custody problems.

yea, that comment really raised my antenna

If they can prove that, that would be the fireworks grand finale! I can just see AJ press conference the day before this was presented!

NORFOLK SUPERIOR COURT
NO. 2282-CR-00117
KAREN READ,
Petitioner
v.
Respondent

snipped

The Chief of Police's claim of discovering tail light piece, many yards away, during a drive-by, in moving vehicle, AFTER area was totally searched, cracks me up.

So much to say about the tail light pieces !
If I were on the jury, knowing the Solo Cup Collection history of CPD, the use of leaf blowers, Stop&Shop grocery bags, I would already be doubting any other 'evidence' collected on scene.

Speaking of scene. The crime scene was never secured. There was not a tent, canopy or even crime scene tape up ( after 8 am). Not a cruiser in site parked near the Albert house, to keep an eye on things. Even after KR was targeted for the death of JOK. Brian Albert wanted secrecy and silence. Pay no attention to the Albert Home on 34 Fairview. Recall the initial report, listing the address as 32 Fairview, and his name as Albert, B. Ssshhhh.... Don't look here...look there!

And then suddenly, while no one was "watching" the miraculous discovery of sprinkles of red tail light.

Yeah...No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members