MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much to say about the tail light pieces !
If I were on the jury, knowing the Solo Cup Collection history of CPD, the use of leaf blowers, Stop&Shop grocery bags, I would already be doubting any other 'evidence' collected on scene.

Speaking of scene. The crime scene was never secured. There was not a tent, canopy or even crime scene tape up ( after 8 am). Not a cruiser in site parked near the Albert house, to keep an eye on things. Even after KR was targeted for the death of JOK. Brian Albert wanted secrecy and silence. Pay no attention to the Albert Home on 34 Fairview. Recall the initial report, listing the address as 32 Fairview, and his name as Albert, B. Ssshhhh.... Don't look here...look there!

And then suddenly, while no one was "watching" the miraculous discovery of sprinkles of red tail light.

Yeah...No

I think we'll learn the shards of taillight were absolutely messed with. I'm not exactly sure how, but I hope it will come out in the testimony once they finally get to the physical evidence.

And I think the taillight is key because it played a large part in how this case was charged.
  1. A broken taillight means that the collision with John had to be a significant one, not just a bump.
  2. Which means that Karen's car had to be reversing at a high rate of speed.
  3. Therefore Karen couldn't have accidentally hit him. She had to have driven forward, then shifted into reverse, mashed the accelerator and aimed to hit John, who for some reason was standing in the road while she did this.
  4. And so she gets charged with 2nd degree murder even though the wounds to John's body are not consistent with a high-speed collision.
Without the shards, this would be a very different case.

Last edited:
I think we'll learn the shards of taillight were absolutely messed with. I'm not exactly sure how, but I hope it will come out in the testimony once they finally get to the physical evidence.

And I think the taillight is key because it played a large part in how this case was charged.
  1. A broken taillight means that the collision with John had to be a significant one, not just a bump.
  2. Which means that Karen's car had to be reversing at a high rate of speed.
  3. Therefore Karen couldn't have accidentally hit him. She had to have driven forward, then shifted into reverse, mashed the accelerator and aimed to hit John, who for some reason was standing in the road while she did this.
  4. And so she gets charged with 2nd degree murder even though the wounds to John's body are not consistent with a high-speed collision.
Without the shards, this would be a very different case.

There's also no body damage to Read's vehicle. None. She's sends a 6'2" 220 pound man flying 12 feet sideways onto the lawn and only damages her taillight? The biomechanical experts will do the math for us, but I doubt it's even possible.

And we're to believe coatless John stood in the roadway in freezing temps by the flagpole and just watched her maneuver a total of over 120 feet without stepping out of the way?

You know how you know <modsnip - derogatory name canges aren't allowd>Alberts were involved in his death?
When Karen runs to JO, Jennny Jen Jen has to be told to call 911 AND THEN she stays outside.

Think of it this way, if you watched your “dear friend” being found dying or dead in your sister’s yard, the very first thing you’d do is go bang on the door, get your BIL first responder to start rendering aid until emt and police get there, get the blankets, help.

She had to be told to call 911 and she had to be told to go in the house.

*advertiser censored*, even if it wasn’t your immediate family’s property you’d go bang on that door.

SHE KNEW, they ALL knew.

I hope justice catches up to them all and JO gets justice finally.

For me, the outcome of this trial depends on the darn tail light pieces. Can defense actually convince a jury that one or more persons were responsible for gathering her tail light pieces and placing them on the lawn?
I suspect it will come to light that BH and the Chief were in the sally port with KR’s car for an extended period of time and the film showing that - you guessed it - is missing.
I believe there were other employees at the CPD HQ who will testify to that shortly.
You will recall that AJ kept asking Higgins on the stand about if he was in the sally port and how long / with anybody etc.
I believe Higgins indicated he only used the sally port as a cut thru as he always did.
As I understand it the ex chief is unavailable to testify due to illness ? (Somebody jump in here if I am off base please on that. )So it’s Higgins word against the other Officers I think. Just my opinion
So we have the picture of her tail light after she supposedly hit JO not totally shattered and then you have these two shady dudes hanging in the sally port with the car.
Tail light irrelevant imo.
All imo.

I can't get my mind off the fact that BH heard his plow grinding on the ground before driving away. (the neighbors could have heard it to, lets explain that away), and that the plaintiffs cleaned up snow from the crime scene. There was no valid reason that BH would have lowered his plow before entering the house, and no valid reason that I can envision that the Plaintiffs would clean up snow from the crime scene.
That definitely caught my attention and why I think he could have also hit JO. I think KR bumped JO and/or possibly he was at the edge of the yard bent over getting sick and BH hit him with the plow. That could be the reason he returned to the station…..cleaning up the plow. Possibly a few in the house seen or heard it and they are covering for him.

There's also no body damage to Read's vehicle. None. She's sends a 6'2" 220 pound man flying 12 feet sideways onto the lawn and only damages her taillight? The biomechanical experts will do the math for us, but I doubt it's even possible.

And we're to believe coatless John stood in the roadway in freezing temps by the flagpole and just watched her maneuver a total of over 120 feet without stepping out of the way?

The SUV's passenger door was facing the house. It's never made sense to me why John didn't just get out of the of the car and walk across the lawn directly to the door. At no point did he even need to step into the road.

And if for some reason he did walk along the road, why wasn't his body found closer to the driveway? The only reason his body would be by the flagpole is if he started walking towards 32 Fairview instead of 34.

That definitely caught my attention and why I think he could have also hit JO. I think KR bumped JO and/or possibly he was at the edge of the yard bent over getting sick and BH hit him with the plow. That could be the reason he returned to the station…..cleaning up the plow. Possibly a few in the house seen or heard it and they are covering for him.
Can't get on board with this theory. I do not believe the whole <modsnip - derogatory nickname> clan would lie to cover up for something Higgins did alone. Besides, what you describe could easily be deemed an accident. Why not report that to your buddy police chief?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about that too but I suddenly realised planting side of it is icing' on the cake. Because if defense are successful in showing that KR's passenger side tail light was intact at five am.,then jury cannot logically conclude that the shards got there via impact with KR's lexus at 12.30 am. The cw's case falls apart right there if you see what I mean. moo

eta so thinking it through further seems the cw are going to need to go hells bells with some expert to try and convince jury that yet another piece of digital evidence, the five am ring cam footage in this instance, is wrong in some way. That has to be priority one for the cw imo or seems to me case falls apart completely.jmo
If the tail light is indeed in tact at 5 a.m., when was it ever broken? Seems very skeevy and usually before a car is towed it would be photographed at the site of the accident- ? No?

I can't get my mind off the fact that BH heard his plow grinding on the ground before driving away. (the neighbors could have heard it to, lets explain that away), and that the plaintiffs cleaned up snow from the crime scene. There was no valid reason that BH would have lowered his plow before entering the house, and no valid reason that I can envision that the Plaintiffs would clean up snow from the crime scene.
BH said he gave the Albert's driveway a 'sweep' before parking, I assume on the street. I forget etc when he said he heard his plow down and secured it up. It better be once he finished the sweep IN the driveway. Then went and backed out and parked on the street. He'd of heard the plow scraping then otherwise. Because that is how one handles your plow. But, I don't know how he handles it.

a quick sweeping for a dusting of snow would have damaged the plow, unlikely he did that. However there is a theory he was hit by a snow plow. It sure was not a public works plow.
Right, to him he was giving a 'help', tho a regular plower wouldn't of done it. That would be because usually the local plowers own their EXPENSIVE plow and are very careful with it and the mechanisms that work it and attached to their pick up trucks or perhaps jeeps. (I've only noticed pick up trucks and of course the big town owned dump trucks using them.

Can't get on board with this theory. I do not believe the whole McAlbert clan would lie to cover up for something Higgins did alone. Besides, what you describe could easily be deemed an accident. Why not report that to your buddy police chief?
Agree one of their “kin” perhaps Colin had to be involved. And it escalated.
Once again they were not expecting any Oversight on this investigation. The Chief appears to be friendly/on board with these guys.
In their mind, it was Business as Usual. What could go wrong.
Open and shut case.
And then the Feebs rode in to town.
Totally unexpected but luckily for KR /unlucky for the extended Albert family
Just my opinion

Actually I think the black box on her car will seal her fate……
I know at one time the CW was saying they had this and it was incriminating but yet defense was saying they weren’t turning it over. If they had it you’d think they would’ve led with that and case closed. So my guess is they either never had it or never turned it over so can’t use it.

Can't get on board with this theory. I do not believe the whole McAlbert clan would lie to cover up for something Higgins did alone. Besides, what you describe could easily be deemed an accident. Why not report that to your buddy police chief?
Because accident or not, it’s drinking and driving. Heck this case has so many twist and turns it makes me crazy.

I know at one time the CW was saying they had this and it was incriminating but yet defense was saying they weren’t turning it over. If they had it you’d think they would’ve led with that and case closed. So my guess is they either never had it or never turned it over so can’t use it.
Seriously shocking no one is screaming for that information.

The testimonies of the McCabe's, Alberts, assorted drivers and BH did not sound 100% credible to me. I understand most witnesses are thoroughly prepped and rehearsed before taking the stand, but there was so much of what these people said that just didn't make sense. To me, Kerry Roberts sounded the most truthful. Just an opinion after watching all the testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin