MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about that too but I suddenly realised planting side of it is icing' on the cake. Because if defense are successful in showing that KR's passenger side tail light was intact at five am.,then jury cannot logically conclude that the shards got there via impact with KR's lexus at 12.30 am. The cw's case falls apart right there if you see what I mean. moo

eta so thinking it through further seems the cw are going to need to go hells bells with some expert to try and convince jury that yet another piece of digital evidence, the five am ring cam footage in this instance, is wrong in some way. That has to be priority one for the cw imo or seems to me case falls apart completely.jmo

What they also need to show is that when she was driving into JO’s garage around 1 AM, the taillight was intact. There still, theoretically, is some time to replace it between 1 AM and 5 AM. If you have a good friend who is a Lexus dealer, or someone in your family has a similar Lexus.

I suspect it will come to light that BH and the Chief were in the sally port with KR’s car for an extended period of time and the film showing that - you guessed it - is missing.
I believe there were other employees at the CPD HQ who will testify to that shortly.
You will recall that AJ kept asking Higgins on the stand about if he was in the sally port and how long / with anybody etc.
I believe Higgins indicated he only used the sally port as a cut thru as he always did.
As I understand it the ex chief is unavailable to testify due to illness ? (Somebody jump in here if I am off base please on that. )So it’s Higgins word against the other Officers I think. Just my opinion
So we have the picture of her tail light after she supposedly hit JO not totally shattered and then you have these two shady dudes hanging in the sally port with the car.
Tail light irrelevant imo.
All imo.
Agreeing at this point.Tail light in five am video appears intact, it's on and shining normally afaict through the red and white glass. If the jury buys the vid that's all they need to know, the rest of the bizzo with the forty five shards being 'in situ' on the lawn is a lie. jmo

I just can’t get passed KR seeing the mound of snow and knowing that was JO. I do believe she bumped him with her car, but …….more happened after that.
Any idea how long of a drive she had home after dropping JO off?

I just can’t get passed KR seeing the mound of snow and knowing that was JO. I do believe she bumped him with her car, but …….more happened after that.
How much of the trial have you watched?

What has been presented so far has convinced you KR hit JO?

Do you think the prosecution witnesses are credible?

KR was seen in her vehicle alone (witness testimony). KR stated that she dropped JO off and sat for 10 minutes. Her vehicle was parked with passenger side facing the Albert house according to her and witnesses. All JO had to do was open the door, get out and begin walking toward the door. If she had pulled forward, he would simultaneously be walking toward the home and by the time KR hit reverse, he would be at the steps (a guess). This does not make sense to me at all. Before I saw the schematics provided by the defense, I thought JO had to walk around the front or back of KR's vehicle. Walking behind a vehicle could cause an accident by an impaired driver, but the injuries make no sense.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow and further cross of BH.

The testimonies of the McCabe's, Alberts, assorted drivers and BH did not sound 100% credible to me.

They sound 0% credible to me.

Prosecutors win cases all the time using phone and internet data. And yet:

Life360 data indicates Allie McCabe drove around town until 1:28 am although she testified she got home at 12:30 and stayed home. She and her mother say the data is wrong.

Phone data shows Jen McCabe called John O'Keefe's phone repeatedly - 6 times in total - before 1 am. She denies she called him at all and if the records are accurate, they must have all been butt dials she wasn't aware of.

Phone data shows Higgins and Brian Albert had conversations at around 2 am but they deny they spoke. They insist they didn't have a 22 second conversation, but if the records show they did, it must have been a case of butt dialing coupled with butt answering. So just their butts were talking for those 22 seconds.

Cellebrite data shows Jen McCabe googled "Hos long to die in the cold" at 2:27. She denies this, and insists that search relates to later searches asking essentially the same question at 6:23 am and 6:24 am. And yet, curiously, the only search she deleted of these was the 2:27 one.

Phone data shows Nicole answered two of Jen's calls before Jen finally decided to enter the apparently unlocked house. But both of them claim this data is wrong and they never spoke until Jen "burst" into the Albert bedroom.

And then to ice the cake, we have deleted messages (Jen), destroyed/wiped phones (BA and BH) and my favorites, BH's illegal use of FBI equipment to pull data from his phone and the destruction of his SIM card at a military base on Cape Cod.

Sure. Nothing to see here, folks.

It was either Kerry or JMc who said they saw KR run to an area just after they had driven by. Then she saw the outline of a human body, her testimony, where KR went to. KR was searching and scanning while they were driving.

What they also need to show is that when she was driving into JO’s garage around 1 AM, the taillight was intact. There still, theoretically, is some time to replace it between 1 AM and 5 AM. If you have a good friend who is a Lexus dealer, or someone in your family has a similar Lexus.
But then KR would have had to remove it later in the morning and put the broken one back on to fit the narrative.

I suppose JO may have decided not to go in and when he saw KR leave, he was running to the car and slipped and fell. But it wouldn't explain those injuries or why he was running to the wrong side of the yard to catch her car. I am very very interested in seeing recreations and hearing the experts testify. sigh... It seems this is all I think about.

How much of the trial have you watched?

What has been presented so far has convinced you KR hit JO?

Do you think the prosecution witnesses are credible?
I’ve been watching it off and on. Ohhh no I don’t find much of the witnesses testimony credible. KR’s own words and actions makes me think she hit him. I just don’t think that’s the only thing that happened to JO that night. I’m definitely on board that there is a cover up or shady stuff going on.

I suppose JO may have decided not to go in and when he saw KR leave, he was running to the car and slipped and fell. But it wouldn't explain those injuries or why he was running to the wrong side of the yard to catch her car. I am very very interested in seeing recreations and hearing the experts testify. sigh... It seems this is all I think about.

If the injuries don't match the theory, then the theory is wrong.

JO had:

Bruising to the back of both hands. Not one, both. Fists up, protecting face from blows? That would fit. A slip and fall or a pedestrian strike would not.

Lacerations up and down his right arm. Slip and falls don't cause that to happen. Nor could cocktail glasses or taillight pieces fly up and cause slicing injuries to both the upper and lower arm. Simultaneously.

A small but deep laceration to the back of his head which caused skull fractures. When we consider this injury would have had to happen at the same time as those above, a pedestrian strike makes no sense. Could he have hit his head very hard on a cement stair just the right way? Maybe, but we have to consider the arm lacerations and fist injuries happening at the same time. Doesn't work.

Important to note what injuries he didn't have. No injuries to his mid-section. No pelvis fractures, no hip fractures, no internal injuries, no leg injuries. So he wasn't run over. And if he was hit by an vehicle while standing, at 6'2", one would expect internal damage and/or leg and pelvis injuries.

When we couple these facts with the deceitful testimony and behavior of the people in the house, I can only come up with one conclusion: He died in the house and Norfolk County District Attorney wants this trial rammed through because he refuses to back down after the ridicule and condemnation he received last summer from his outrageous public statement. His massive ego has no problem with an innocent woman being put on trial. Besides, she's going to be found not guilty anyway.

KR was seen in her vehicle alone (witness testimony). KR stated that she dropped JO off and sat for 10 minutes. Her vehicle was parked with passenger side facing the Albert house according to her and witnesses. All JO had to do was open the door, get out and begin walking toward the door. If she had pulled forward, he would simultaneously be walking toward the home and by the time KR hit reverse, he would be at the steps (a guess). This does not make sense to me at all. Before I saw the schematics provided by the defense, I thought JO had to walk around the front or back of KR's vehicle. Walking behind a vehicle could cause an accident by an impaired driver, but the injuries make no sense.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow and further cross of BH.
He'd be in a bit of slushiness at that time as snow was falling, but not crazy. If he sidled along the side of the car which was parked next to lawn, he'd of been next to the car and it sounds like, he's fastidious, he'd walk along the street(front of lawn) till he came to the clear driveway and walk up that, which does lead to the side door, prob. kitchen area. He also doesn't sound like he'd walk up on their lawn. (he did tell Colin, I believe, while back, get off my lawn and he would show instinctively prob the same respect of another's lawn. SO, yes, tomorrow, BH and his phones. Also, he may of had on sneakers/common, and not boots for a night out for socialization and drinks.

BH said he gave the Albert's driveway a 'sweep' before parking, I assume on the street. I forget etc when he said he heard his plow down and secured it up. It better be once he finished the sweep IN the driveway. Then went and backed out and parked on the street. He'd of heard the plow scraping then otherwise. Because that is how one handles your plow. But, I don't know how he handles it.
Nope, he said it was when he was parked on the street and leaving to go to the pd.

Brian Higgins said when he left 34 Fairview Road between 12:30 and 1 a.m. on Jan. 29, 2022, snow was falling harder than before, but not enough to need his plow. He said he began driving his Jeep but heard the plow grinding on the ground, so he stopped and lifted the plow before driving away.

Nope, he said it was when he was parked on the street and leaving to go to the pd.

Brian Higgins said when he left 34 Fairview Road between 12:30 and 1 a.m. on Jan. 29, 2022, snow was falling harder than before, but not enough to need his plow. He said he began driving his Jeep but heard the plow grinding on the ground, so he stopped and lifted the plow before driving away.
So didn't lift it once he parked, it would of been scraping along the asphalt out of driveway and then his quick park by the driveway once he backed out. THANKS

If the injuries don't match the theory, then the theory is wrong.

JO had:

Bruising to the back of both hands. Not one, both. Fists up, protecting face from blows? That would fit. A slip and fall or a pedestrian strike would not.

Lacerations up and down his right arm. Slip and falls don't cause that to happen. Nor could cocktail glasses or taillight pieces fly up and cause slicing injuries to both the upper and lower arm. Simultaneously.

A small but deep laceration to the back of his head which caused skull fractures. When we consider this injury would have had to happen at the same time as those above, a pedestrian strike makes no sense. Could he have hit his head very hard on a cement stair just the right way? Maybe, but we have to consider the arm lacerations and fist injuries happening at the same time. Doesn't work.

Important to note what injuries he didn't have. No injuries to his mid-section. No pelvis fractures, no hip fractures, no internal injuries, no leg injuries. So he wasn't run over. And if he was hit by an vehicle while standing, at 6'2", one would expect internal damage and/or leg and pelvis injuries.

When we couple these facts with the deceitful testimony and behavior of the people in the house, I can only come up with one conclusion: He died in the house and Norfolk County District Attorney wants this trial rammed through because he refuses to back down after the ridicule and condemnation he received last summer from his outrageous public statement. His massive ego has no problem with an innocent woman being put on trial. Besides, she's going to be found not guilty anyway.
Sure seems to sum it up and from what has been seen thus far in given evidence and testimony.

And IMO, not clear who all the players are in this ‘case’, but almost seems as if the entire cast of characters involved is gathered……. and then removing any connected to certain individuals, households, professions (e.g. Canton / Boston, MA police, ATF, friends, etc.) - and the only one left was KR?

While I certainly appreciate the work of LE and related professions, something much appears ‘off’ in this case? MOO

He'd be in a bit of slushiness at that time as snow was falling, but not crazy. If he sidled along the side of the car which was parked next to lawn, he'd of been next to the car and it sounds like, he's fastidious, he'd walk along the street(front of lawn) till he came to the clear driveway and walk up that, which does lead to the side door, prob. kitchen area. He also doesn't sound like he'd walk up on their lawn. (he did tell Colin, I believe, while back, get off my lawn and he would show instinctively prob the same respect of another's lawn. SO, yes, tomorrow, BH and his phones. Also, he may of had on sneakers/common, and not boots for a night out for socialization and drinks.
I don’t think it would matter if he walked on the grass during winter while snowing. He may very well have walked along the street but I just don’t see him doing that. They were all drinking and it was snowing so getting away from all the vehicles and into a warm house safely would have taken precedence but that’s MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member