MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone on Reddit pointed out, the state police have a crime scene unit:

Our Crime Scene Services section manages documenting and collecting evidence from crime scenes.

But for some reason they weren't called here. Instead, they called these guys:

The Special Emergency Response Team (SERT) provides partner agencies with a highly trained and professional field force available on short notice for scenarios such as missing person searches, civil disturbances, special event crowd management, site security, or other situations where a cohesive unit of law enforcement officers may be needed.

Crime scenes aren't listed in their areas of expertise. So the officer on the stand was talking about best practices, but does he really know what they are for gathering evidence at a crime scene?

There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation, like the CS unit was needed elsewhere. On the other hand, I would have thought that they would go all out for a fellow officer and put the best possible people on the case.

2021 Lexus 570 suv. Edited to add LX model
Thank you Aquarian…… and I see considerable testimony and evidence on some of this upon returning from lunch.

Will try to append a picture of the rear taillight assembly for a 2021 Lexus LX 570. Note also how far IMO the rear bumper / cover protrudes beyond the rear of the vehicle. The face of the lens and the rearmost surface of the vehicle are not in the same vertical plane. And there are two portions of the taillight IMO. Also a horizontal segement that attaches to the rear lift section. And only a small portion of either lens is clear AFAICT. MOO

ETA….. one of prosecution references refers to a Lexus GX 570. I am not sure which is correct. MOO

Attachments

• IMG_6984.png
    IMG_6984.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@TedDanielnews

Hartnett says she would have collected the hair with "tweezers" "to prevent contamination". Paint chips collected with "disposal scalpel".

View attachment 507715

From what surface of the Lexus are these images? Perhaps the prosecution could give us a picture as done with the sweatshirt showing exactly from where the samples are taken / shown? And what is the nature of these gouges / swipes / indentations? Are we to believe or surmise this happened from striking an individual? MOO

There's blood on the back of his sweatshirt, sort of watered down looking (for lack of a better term) in several areas. But when they take close up shots of the puncture holes on the arm of his sweatshirt, there's no blood at all. Nothing.
I thought so too, but then , the snow he was laying in and covered with. The holes in his sleeve, I'd think they'd be more inside, but the witness I believe, said maybe more about that? Agree a bit, but snow/wiped, might be giving the shirt that affect and there was supposed to be vomit as well down the front, I didn't hear that mentioned yet, myself. More to come.

From what surface of the Lexus are these images? Perhaps the prosecution could give us a picture as done with the sweatshirt showing exactly from where the samples are taken / shown? And what is the nature of these gouges / swipes / indentations? Are we to believe or surmise this happened from striking an individual? MOO
My understanding its damage from the rear door of the Lexus. Am sure the jury would appreciate a clear presentation of all what the CW would have to offer to explain what exactly happened to JOK since the narrative is that she hit him. I know I would, and I'm not a juror. This needs to make sense... thus far, it is all beyond reasonable doubt. moo

Question for the group:

Was it ever determined what KR's blood alcohol level was at time of incident, say around 12:30 AM? I know there was a possible range given by the person that wrote up the the analysis report from the testing and timeline, but that range was so huge that it makes it almost meaningless. (the range I believe was something like 0.0135 to 0.290)

Just trying to get a feel for how drunk KR was. I know if you are tested say within an hour after you stop drinking and that test reads something in the 0.22 to 0.28, you are really drunk, probably in the black-out, not knowing what you are doing range. Especially someone that is small and of lighter weight such as KR.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member