MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the group:

Was it ever determined what KR's blood alcohol level was at time of incident, say around 12:30 AM? I know there was a possible range given by the person that wrote up the the analysis report from the testing and timeline, but that range was so huge that it makes it almost meaningless. (the range I believe was something like 0.0135 to 0.290)

Just trying to get a feel for how drunk KR was. I know if you are tested say within an hour after you stop drinking and that test reads something in the 0.22 to 0.28, you are really drunk, probably in the black-out, not knowing what you are doing range. Especially someone that is small and of lighter weight such as KR.

Many thanks in advance for your input.

It's not possible to fully establish what her alcohol level was at 12:30. She could have had drinks at home, and the expert who testified admitted this would render the backwards calculation useless.

Whichever reporter spread this gossip of missing clothing items needs to reveal their source and offer mega mea culpas.

I don't know about the sneaker. However, I believe that the belt wasn't on the list of John's clothing items that was inventoried by the police, probably because the belt was still attached to the jeans through the belt loops. But people noticed the belt wasn't listed and ran with the idea that it was missing.

@FallRiverReport

Hartnett says that it was her understanding that all samples from the solo cups came from the same stain of blood on scene.

Jackson: As we sit here now, there has been no DNA testing of the blood in the solo cups, correct?
Hartnett: There was no testing done.

So all the blood collection was for naught. Hartnett only took swabs from a single cup and then they never even tested the swabs.

:(

I don't know about the sneaker. However, I believe that the belt wasn't on the list of John's clothing items that was inventoried by the police, probably because the belt was connected to the jeans through the belt loops. But people noticed the belt wasn't listed and ran with the idea that it was missing.
Unfortunately, with the way this PD conducts its business, that is perfectly understandable. They are keystone cops for sure.

@JHall7news

Judge Cannone has repeatedly asked Prosecutor Lally to keep his voice up or "we will turn off the air conditioning." She has already ordered it turned off once. Alan Jackson is doing the cross examination here and tells Hartnett he's keeping his voice up because of the AC

He says it's "not my normal speaking voice. " Jackson gets Hartnett to confirm she made no conclusions about where the scratches or damage on the car came from.

The short lunch has folks rushing back in.Maureen Hartnett. Forensic Scientist at Massachusetts State Police Crime Laboratory is back on the stand.Lally resumes questioning.Asking about other pieces of clothing tested.

Moving on to OKeefe’s t-shirt.

Harnett marked three stains.Paul OKeefe, & the OKeefe family & friends can’t see the evidence screen.I can see Paul trying to look at the counsel’s laptop screen, and leaning over the bannister to see the screen.

These are the clothes that John OKeefe died in. I imagine this is difficult for the family.

Now looking at an exhibit photo of OKeefe’s jeans, and labels Harnett placed on the item.

Harnett testifying where the lab received the clothing from (hospital).Lally asking what testing was done on these clothing items.She is testifying that they tested positive for something, but we can’t hear her.

Judge again warns Lally, and the witness, to keep their voices up.

Lally is done Jackson is up

@SueNBCBoston

@BienickWCVB

Defense attorney Alan Jackson is crossing examining Hartnett. He's asking about the apparent glass "perched on the bumper." He notes Read's SUV had been towed from her parents' home in Dighton. The implication is how could the glass sit there during the tow.

Jackson says the glass and the hair seems to be asking how the glass and the hair could make a "60-mile roundtrip in a blizzard."

2:25 PM · Jun 3, 2024

Jackson shows Hartnett two photos of the hair found on the SUV and asks if the hair appears "to have gently moved?"

1717439635750.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member