MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cathyrusson

This video shows #KarenRead's taillight broken. She is leaving at 5am to look for John O'Keefe. Just before this she was backing up and looked to come very close to John's parked car. Defense says she hit it and that's how her taillight was broken. State/witness says there was no damage to John's car and in this video, you can see no pieces of red taillight on the ground. What will the jury think?

The jury may think if she hit John's parked car when she backed up causing her tail light to crack, the broken pieces may have been pushed into the tail light housing. Thus no pieces fell onto the ground.

She obviously has a higher than normal tolerance. Not sure I would still even be standing after 7 shots of vodka!
She has a broken tail light and is being accused of hitting John…. I don’t think her tolerance is that high. Really I don’t imagine it is high, she isn’t that big and she has health issues. I love alcohol, wish mine was higher. I would have never been up at 5am after that many drinks, well maybe to grab the advil.

Did y'all just see KR mouth the words towards her father,'No Procter, .....EVER " ? Cuz I just did

I think the prosecution telegraphed that they wouldn't call Proctor earlier today. Bukhenik said something about how there's no such thing as a "lead investigator" and it's all a team effort. I think he called Proctor the "case manager" or something similar, suggesting he wasn't all that important to the investigation.

Well my take away from today is the tail light pieces couldn’t have been planted at the property if her car was being towed at the same time the search was happening and KR drank a lot! Even if she hit John’s car, there were no pieces on the ground and no damage to his vehicle…..she would have had to hit something else. Of course the defense could twist this tomorrow.

I think the prosecution telegraphed that they wouldn't call Proctor earlier today. Bukhenik said something about how there's no such thing as a "lead investigator" and it's all a team effort. I think he called Proctor the "case manager" or something similar, suggesting he wasn't all that important to the investigation.

I get that. They have been trying to protect MP forever. But, KR seemed pretty strong and emphasized the EVER portion. As in, even the defense will not be able to call him. That is how I interpreted it anyway. Waiting for more clarification from someone.

I call BUNK on what he said.JMO

Well my take away from today is the tail light pieces couldn’t have been planted at the property if her car was being towed at the same time the search was happening and KR drank a lot! Even if she hit John’s car, there were no pieces on the ground and no damage to his vehicle…..she would have had to hit something else. Of course the defense could twist this tomorrow.
And my take is in unison with what the experts hired by the FBI provided. That being her car did not hit JO and JO was not hit by her car.JMOO

That comment was totally orchestrated so I think you are right - The P is not going to call Procter.
JMO

And my take is in unison with what the experts hired by the FBI provided. That being her car did not hit JO and JO was not hit by her car.JMOO
There was a perceptable "bump" shown in the video when KR's car was backing up and got close to JOK's car. Something on his car may have pierced her taillight - without damaging JOK's car at all. JMO
edit to add: this would go along with the testimoney from Kerry, who was out with KR and JM in
the early morning looking for John. She said the tail light had a hole in it not that is was totally shattered.

Last edited:
Let’s see how the rest plays out. So far I see her tail light when she pulled out of her driveway, it’s busted good, a large area. If those pieces are around JO’s body…. I don’t care what the FBI report says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member