MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. I think what has been done to her is egregious.
Even posters here want to denigrate her by basically calling her a drunk and a scorned woman.
Morality police?
Are we in the 1800's? Is there no grace?

The FBI says that JOK's wounds are not the result of a being hit by a vehicle.
But let me go with my original opinion, before coming to this thread and seeing the autopsy photos etc.
Lets say she did hit him. She was likely black out drunk as was JOK and the rest of them.
IF she is responsible they have over charged her.
This woman is no intentional killer.
I believe certain LE have also outdone themselves in their quest to make the charges stick and that it will be their undoing.

I've said it many times here already. I live 7 miles from the court house.

I know of another incident personally where a video tape was made to disappear at the request of LE, of a felony to protect an eighteen yr old boy. It was not murder of course but everybody involved, in telling me the outcome seemed to think it was fine. They would want the same thing done to protect their child etc. I was the only person thinking it was not ok.

My sense how this all started ? they are all protecting the young male CA who most likely sucker punched JOK over the bs about his lawn or maybe even over rumors of selling drugs. Maybe the kid does not even remember bc booze and whatever else. But then it escalated. A case of unintentional murder and then the cover up bc "We cannot let this ruin this childs life" . Easy to understand but wrong on so many levels. Why else was his presence at the house hidden?

JOK was a good clean cop. He was probaly labelled a "goody two shoes" by the other party going LE. So they really did not consider him one of their own. Just the way Procter was going thru KR's phone - so disrespectful to KR but also to JOK. Looking for nudes? Calling her the C word, hoping she would kill herself.

Who are these people?

JMO
Very well said.

Why & how would police obtain a warrant for a house connected to a motor vehicle accident?

AN OBVIOUS MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT?

Between Karen’s admitted excited utterances, the witnesses that arrived on scene and physical evidence like shards of taillight & damage to her vehicle

There was literally ZERO EVIDENCE he was beaten or involved in a physical altercation

Typically, people that commit crimes like this HAVE REMORSE, don’t have FILTHY RICH attorneys willing & able to dazzle with this level of smoke & mirrors and bullpoop and PR team churning out propaganda. Most people have somewhat of a conscious and hope to take a plea.

Not Karen though.
Karen doesn’t care. Karen is about Karen 100% of the time.
Where in the medical examiner's report does it mention a motor vehicle?

Why & how would police obtain a warrant for a house connected to a motor vehicle accident?

Between Karen’s admitted excited utterances, the witnesses that arrived on scene and physical evidence like shards of taillight & damage to her vehicle

There was literally ZERO EVIDENCE he was beaten or involved in a physical altercation

Typically, people that commit crimes like this HAVE REMORSE, don’t have FILTHY RICH attorneys willing & able to dazzle with this level of smoke & mirrors and bullpoop and PR team churning out propaganda. Most people have somewhat of a conscious and hope to take a plea.

Not Karen though.

If it was an OBVIOUS MOTOR VEHICLE accident, why did the cop testify he called it in as a "possible domestic" with someone having a glass thrown at their head? That doesn't make any sense and completely contradicts the point you're making.

ETA: See nodamselindistress' post two posts below this one.

Last edited:
If it was an OBVIOUS MOTOR VEHICLE accident, why did the cop testify he called it in as a "possible domestic" with someone having a glass thrown at their head? That doesn't make any sense and completely contradicts the point you're making.

I'm not speaking of the poster you're responding to, but maybe some people think it was an obvious motor vehicle accident because they are still stuck in that mindset due to it being the plan to make it look that way.

IMO MOO

I'm not speaking of the poster you're responding to, but maybe some people think it was an obvious motor vehicle accident because they are still stuck in that mindset due to it being the plan to make it look that way.

IMO MOO

Or they already made their mind up before this trial started. JMO

Referring back to the case in England I posted earlier today (post #172 in this thread) with video of the incident. There were two occasions where the GF (Alice) struck the victim (Ryan) with her car. On the first strike, she hit him at a similar speed to what Karen is alleged to have hit JO'K, and Ryan is largely uninjured by this, in fact he isn't even knocked off his feet. It's only the second strike when she drives the car more than the length of a football field with Ryan trapped under it that she actually kills him.

Now, I'll acknowledge that Karen's car was a lot bigger than the one Alice used to kill Ryan, but I have serious doubts that a 24 mile per hour impact from the SUV alone would cause John to be "pulverised" as Karen described it without additional trauma such as him being dragged under the car or landing on a hard surface. He was found on a snowy lawn.

It's such a hard sell for me. But as I said before, let's see what the evidence is in court!

Not Karen though.

Cops know what pedestrian victims look like. They see them frequently. And it's obvious they didn't think he looked like one as they didn't immediately arrest the person who dropped him off that night, even though she was there that morning and told them she had dropped him off.

But I'll quote JO's brother Paul O'Keefe here: "He looked like he'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson". In other words, badly beaten. That's from an eye witness who saw John in a hospital bed, and whether he's been convinced by the bad cop otherwise by now or not, this was his immediate reaction.

Trust me, if ever a dead cop is found on your lawn, the cops are searching your house. Zero doubt about it. If you don't allow it, a judge will issue a warrant faster than you can say "Mike Tyson". But it wasn't done here out of deference to the famous Boston cop who had a brother on the Canton PD. And so the incredibly bad police work begins, to later be exploited by Albert pal Michael Proctor, who is a very bad cop, under internal investigation for his behavior in this case and of course, by the FBI.

I know nothing about Karen Read personally and I doubt you do either. But I don't care if she ate three babies and a puppy for breakfast that morning, this poor man did not die from being hit by a car.

And why on earth would anyone be jealous/resentful that she has the money to hire the best attorneys she can? In addition to support from the public, her house and her parents' house are both probably mortgaged to the hilt right now. I'd do the same if I were falsely charged with murder, especially with police cover up.

Finally, I've yet to see anyone explain how an SUV caused those specific injuries simultaneously. If you or anyone else wants to take a crack at it, appreciate it if you'd start with those arm injuries. What could have caused them? Why doesn't he have other injuries below the head, aside from his bruised up fists?

6/7/23

A former New York City prosecutor who is not affiliated with the case says, based on what has already been said in open court -- from the search of Read's phone for compromising photos to text messages exchanged -- if Proctor was his client, you wouldn't be hearing much from him whenever he is called to the stand.

"If his lawyer believes that he is just going to tell the truth and he is being wrongfully attacked by the defense, so be it," Mark Bederow said. "I wouldn't be surprised in the least if his lawyer makes it clear to the court that he would make a blanket assertion of his 5th amendment right against self-incrimination on any substantive topic related to this case."

[..]

Court resumes Monday.

I suspect Proctor is arrogant enough to think that he can outsmart the Defendants Attorney. A blanket fifth would raise to much doubt with the Jury. Lally might jump in and object to everything. MOO

Cops know what pedestrian victims look like. They see them frequently. And it's obvious they didn't think he looked like one as they didn't immediately arrest the person who dropped him off that night, even though she was there that morning and told them she had dropped him off.

But I'll quote JO's brother Paul O'Keefe here: "He looked like he'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson". In other words, badly beaten. That's from an eye witness who saw John in a hospital bed, and whether he's been convinced by the bad cop otherwise by now or not, this was his immediate reaction.

Trust me, if ever a dead cop is found on your lawn, the cops are searching your house. Zero doubt about it. If you don't allow it, a judge will issue a warrant faster than you can say "Mike Tyson". But it wasn't done here out of deference to the famous Boston cop who had a brother on the Canton PD. And so the incredibly bad police work begins, to later be exploited by Albert pal Michael Proctor, who is a very bad cop, under internal investigation for his behavior in this case and of course, by the FBI.

I know nothing about Karen Read personally and I doubt you do either. But I don't care if she ate three babies and a puppy for breakfast that morning, this poor man did not die from being hit by a car.

And why on earth would anyone be jealous/resentful that she has the money to hire the best attorneys she can? In addition to support from the public, her house and her parents' house are both probably mortgaged to the hilt right now. I'd do the same if I were falsely charged with murder, especially with police cover up.

Finally, I've yet to see anyone explain how an SUV caused those specific injuries simultaneously. If you or anyone else wants to take a crack at it, appreciate it if you'd start with those arm injuries. What could have caused them? Why doesn't he have other injuries below the head, aside from his bruised up fists?

There is a very interesting quote without context, where KR said that Colin and (another cop) beat JO to a pulp, and my tail light was broken. That could mean anything with context, that she knew what happened and was involved. That she was involved, not involved, trying to figure out who broke her tail light. To get that quote in context would be a huge asset to one side. MOO

There is a very interesting quote without context, where KR said that Colin and (another cop) beat JO to a pulp, and my tail light was broken. That could mean anything with context, that she knew what happened and was involved. That she was involved, not involved, trying to figure out who broke her tail light. To get that quote in context would be a huge asset to one side. MOO

Is that from the partial recording they played in court where she said, "we're all in on the joke?" If so, I'd love to hear the words before and after the part they played.

IMO MOO

Referring back to the case in England I posted earlier today (post #172 in this thread) with video of the incident. There were two occasions where the GF (Alice) struck the victim (Ryan) with her car. On the first strike, she hit him at a similar speed to what Karen is alleged to have hit JO'K, and Ryan is largely uninjured by this, in fact he isn't even knocked off his feet. It's only the second strike when she drives the car more than the length of a football field with Ryan trapped under it that she actually kills him.

Now, I'll acknowledge that Karen's car was a lot bigger than the one Alice used to kill Ryan, but I have serious doubts that a 24 mile per hour impact from the SUV alone would cause John to be "pulverised" as Karen described it without additional trauma such as him being dragged under the car or landing on a hard surface. He was found on a snowy lawn.

It's such a hard sell for me. But as I said before, let's see what the evidence is in court!
A 24 MPH hit with a car can kill you. though as pointed out by others the car likely had a slam stop feature to stop you hitting a person /object.

Is that from the partial recording they played in court where she said, "we're all in on the joke?" If so, I'd love to hear the words before and after the part they played.

IMO MOO
And Colin crying on the stand saying he wanted to go home to his Mom......
"you're aware he was beaten up by Brian and [his nephew] Colin Albert," Read said in the audio clip, the first time jurors have heard her voice during the trial. "I mean, we're all in on the same joke, right? My taillight is cracked and John was pulverized."

At that point, Bukhenik said he advised Read not to say anything further.

Yes - and Whoever presented it did not want the context to be played. If the Defendants had requested it, they did not it played either.

I have previously theorized both events happened. Now I think that KR may have been swayed to help the PD cover up the beating, and in doing so framed herself.

Last edited:
A 24 MPH hit with a car can kill you. though as pointed out by others the car likely had a slam stop feature to stop you hitting a person /object.
But so far no witness has said they saw her go in reverse at all, correct? I'm so curious to see the State's "reenactment" of exactly how they think this went down. We haven't seen anything like that yet, have we?

I wonder what the jury is thinking about being a month and a half into this trial so far and still not hearing from the lead investigator. Do they realize how unusual that is?

IMO MOO

I'm sure it can. But I just cannot for the life of me match JO'K's injuries to a low speed collision with a reversing SUV. There just has to be a better explanation for his injuries.

I don't know the quote, but could she have been speculating based upon some things she knew at the time?

We haven't heard from Tom and Erin Beaty yet as they are defense witnesses, but we know Erin has said Colin called her for a ride from Fairview that night. She either declined or he found someone else. Erin reported this, possibly to a private investigator, and for her attempt to be helpful, she claims she was verbally bullied by Jen McCabe and a friend and told to keep her mouth shut. Erin is almost certainly how the defense even knew Colin was in the house that night, as no one else in the house that night ever mentioned him. We'll hear from the Beatys soon.

Karen knew Colin and about his not so good relationship with John. So the above sounds like her speculating and trying to find out what actually happened to John that night.

My opinion only, I'm just speculating myself.

I'm sure it can. But I just cannot for the life of me match JO'K's injuries to a low speed collision with a reversing SUV. There just has to be a better explanation for his injuries.
I still have PTSD. I jumped out of the car to grab something in the backseat. closed rear passenger door, turned around and I had left the car in reverse. The car door was in my face. I do not know how I got into my car ontime. It instantly hit the side of the garage and broke the door hinge. There is no way I would have survived that impact.

I don't know the quote, but could she have been speculating based upon some things she knew at the time?

We haven't heard from Tom and Erin Beaty yet as they are defense witnesses, but we know Erin has said Colin called her for a ride from Fairview that night. She either declined or he found someone else. Erin reported this, possibly to a private investigator, and for her attempt to be helpful, she claims she was verbally bullied by Jen McCabe and a friend and told to keep her mouth shut. Erin is almost certainly how the defense even knew Colin was in the house that night, as no one else in the house that night ever mentioned him. We'll hear from the Beatys soon.

Karen knew Colin and about his not so good relationship with John. So the above sounds like her speculating and trying to find out what actually happened to John that night.

My opinion only, I'm just speculating myself.
The CW played this:
You're aware he was beaten up by Brian and [his nephew] Colin Albert," Read said in the audio clip, the first time jurors have heard her voice during the trial. "I mean, we're all in on the same joke, right? My taillight is cracked and John was pulverized."

At that point, Bukhenik said he advised Read not to say anything further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru