MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether an image is mirrored or not...what is in the image is still the same.

For starters, if you don’t know the image is mirrored you would think the actual rear driver side of a car is the rear passenger side. So it looks on film like the people are behind the drivers side but they are actually behind the passenger side taillight. There’s also an image on video of KR backing into JOK’s car and what do you know? It’s right on the taillight!

I think we will just agree to disagree. I had no opinion before the trial and I laughed off KR’s defense, but after watching the trial and basing my opinion on what has been presented in court, I don’t find it so unbelievable anymore. JMO

For starters, if you don’t know the image is mirrored you would think the actual rear driver side of a car is the rear passenger side. So it looks on film like the people are behind the drivers side but they are actually behind the passenger side taillight. There’s also an image on video of KR backing into JOK’s car and what do you know? It’s right on the taillight!

This. The prosecution is trying to deceive the jury into making them believe they weren't all hovering/working on the passenger side, which of course they were.

Dollars to (a half dozen) donuts, the drive AJ tried to introduce Thursday is the corrected version of this video. I suspect the jury will be displeased with this deception.

This. The prosecution is trying to deceive the jury into making them believe they weren't all hovering/working on the passenger side, which of course they were.

Dollars to (a half dozen) donuts, the drive AJ tried to introduce Thursday is the corrected version of this video. I suspect the jury will be displeased with this deception.
RBBM

It's just soooo stupid of the CW to do this. AJ must have been rubbing his hands together and salivating as he watched the mirrored vid.

It does have to be believable though.
There is the problem.

How many people can be involved in such a large scale conspiracy cover up??

25?? 50?? 100?
what is in it for them?
There has to be explanations as to what each person involved would do this for.

without putting forward an actual narrative including this its unrealistic to me.

A dog attack is not that big a deal seriously....
Self defence in a boozy bust up......

these things are so beige for the scale of cover up being stated by the defence.

Then there is a cover up within the cover up. The investigation has become a seperate conspiracy. :oops:

moo
Do you really think any one of those officers is going to want to be the cop who snitches about all these irregularities? Would he lose his job or face retaliation by his fellow officers? It doesn't have to be multiple people who actively engaged in a cover up, but instead turning a blind eye to all the shenanigans, and department protocol violations.

imo.

[Snipped for brevity]
We are an educated state and I have every confidence that this jury will do their duty. But the fact the CW felt entitled & confident enough to present intentionally misleading & inaccurate evidence against Karen Read should be deeply concerning to every MA resident.
I'm very concerned. This trial has cost the CW a million dollars or more to pay for all the witnesses traveling and expert testimony, I can imagine. Not to mention I assume every case Trooper Proctor touched will be up for questioning. I'm worried taxes are going to go up even more trying to repair this mess. MA needs so sort of class action I need lawsuit against this guy.

Karen Read Calls Out Prosecution | Killer or Cover-up Murder Trial Day 21 Recap​

At about the 18 min marker, the Prosecution and Witness affirm the video of KR's Lexus in the sally port is the fair and accurate condition...
Former Judge Perry Belvin follows with his opinion of the CW, and the evidence as presented.

I’m not surprised by their hubris considering the family’s own history of killing people in hit and runs with very little repercussions. They’ve been getting away with stuff for a long time.

If any of us killed a student or injured another in MVA, left the scene and then told LE we ran bc we were scared… do you think we would have to perform FSTs? Would our word be enough?

This wasn’t some grand, planned out conspiracy. I dislike when that word is used here to describe the issue in this trial. Hyperbole.

We’ve all lived in towns where powerful families saying “you saw nothing “ is enough.

So no, not a grand conspiracy, but rather people’s habits of turning a blind eye. But now their livelihoods are at stake, and that’s plenty to double down on the stand.

But you kinda get to my point in your post.

Buchenik is NOT Proctor.

Buchenik can only answer for himself.
He was there.

At the end of the day the defence spent all that valuable time calling a super valuable witness someone elses name and obsessionally referring to someone else actions.
Achieved absolutely zero toward helping his client.

Proctor will be called witness.
NO action Jackson can perform his best circus tricks then.
Dem

Karen Read Calls Out Prosecution | Killer or Cover-up Murder Trial Day 21 Recap​

At about the 18 min marker, the Prosecution and Witness affirm the video of KR's Lexus in the sally port is the fair and accurate condition...
Former Judge Perry Belvin follows with his opinion of the CW, and the evidence as presented.
wow!
Amazing defence.
They really work.

I wonder if after the trial any of the jurors will tell us just what went through their minds when the truth came out about the mirrored video. And the redirect testimony YB gave. Were they shocked, angry, suspicious or something else. I have never seen the state knowingly present altered evidence and then get called out on it like what just happened.

The court appeared to show a mirror image of the sallyport, as the number four was inverted on the wall. Jackson at one point asked Bukhenik if the video was backward.

"It's a mirror image," Bukhenik said. "It's accurate. I don't know why it's that way."

It’s an accurate mirror image!
This Defense is sharp.

Jen's claiming Karen asked her to do a Google search 20 minutes after John's body was found by them.

So she says she searched - twice - she says because she spelled the search wrong the first time. A problem for Jen here is that first search still came up with information on hypothermia. It just looks like she was trying to duplicate her earlier "Hos long..." search instead.

But even odder is the fact that Jen deleted the 2:27 search off her phone before she handed her phone over that morning. She didn't delete the two later searches though.
I think it is odd too that she would do a Google search before calling or screaming for her brother-in law, who is a first responder, for help or running right inside and shouting for help, even while on the phone with 911, for anybody in the house knowing her friend was injured, unconscious and possibly near death right outside.

Also why do the Google search at all after EMT and the officer arrived? Couldn’t she have just asked one of them? With their education, training and experience it would have been possible that at least one of them would have known the answer.

Also, perhaps I missed this but I wonder why LE didn’t ask the EMT to use some of their unused and sterile test tubes and rack for the collection of blood evidence over the use of the red plastic cups? Or why they couldn’t contact the hospital to ask to use and transport some of their sterile lab equipment such as vacuum sealed plastic bags, pipettes and test tubes since their own forensic lab was closed and they were short on equipment? Perhaps the extra aid would have helped with the standardized and organize the blood, clothes and glass samples collected?

As others have stated before me, JOK and his loved ones deserve much better

Last edited:

6/7/24

The sixth week of the highly-publicized Karen Read murder trial has come to an end, with many prosecution witnesses remaining before...

NBC 10's Canton Confidential video recap at link above.

The medical examiner/pathologist is their absolute last hope.

The eyewitnesses, first responders and LE have been a catastrophe like I have never seen in a trial before. BUT, if the pathological evidence can stand up to scrutiny then the case might actually proceed to the jury.

So far it looks like Lizzie Little has been handling more medically inclined witnesses for KR's defense. She's not quite as thunderous as Yanetti and Jackson. I guess we'll see.

The medical examiner wrote in the death certificate that JO death “was not caused by a fight”. It is completely unheard of to write what did not cause the death, as a previous poster noted, well he did not drown and that is not noted. Likely someone told the ME what to write.
I would love to see the ME cross examined and have to explain that.

I think it is odd too that she would do a Google search before calling or screaming for her brother-in law, who is a first responder, for help or running right inside and shouting for help, even while on the phone with 911, for anybody in the house knowing her friend was injured, unconscious and possibly near death right outside.

Also why do the Google search at all after EMT and the officer arrived? Couldn’t she have just asked one of them? With their education, training and experience it would have been possible that at least one of them would have known the answer.

My thought too!

6/7/23

A former New York City prosecutor who is not affiliated with the case says, based on what has already been said in open court -- from the search of Read's phone for compromising photos to text messages exchanged -- if Proctor was his client, you wouldn't be hearing much from him whenever he is called to the stand.

"If his lawyer believes that he is just going to tell the truth and he is being wrongfully attacked by the defense, so be it," Mark Bederow said. "I wouldn't be surprised in the least if his lawyer makes it clear to the court that he would make a blanket assertion of his 5th amendment right against self-incrimination on any substantive topic related to this case."

[..]

Court resumes Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members