MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could roll with that I suppose - if the defendant wasn’t Karen and lie so damn much

I’d like to see if your opinion changes after the defense presents their case. I’m not knee deep in this case like some others so I don’t know what all will be presented. But I do believe it will be substantial, and convincing, especially when compared to the CW case.

I can’t get that Nightline interview out of my head and I’d give my left arm to watch ALL the raw footage.
When she discribes the man she supposedly loved - FRUGAL? I literally burst out laughing

I can’t get that Nightline interview out of my head and I’d give my left arm to watch ALL the raw footage.
When she discribes the man she supposedly loved - FRUGAL? I literally burst out laughing

What does that mean? You can’t say someone you love is frugal? It’s definitely not an insult.

Her attorneys are gonna have their work cut out for them - Keeping her off the stand isn’t gonna be easy. IMO
SHES A NARCISSIST and this is the Karen Read Show. IMO

She is on trial for murder. Who is it supposed to be about? This is arguing whether she did or did not kill somebody. Pretty sure the focus is going to be about her. Who would expect anything but that? JMO

Her attorneys are gonna have their work cut out for them - Keeping her off the stand isn’t gonna be easy. IMO
SHES A NARCISSIST and this is the Karen Read Show. IMO
I'll be surprised if she does testify because I think she is smarter than that. IMO it is rarely a good idea for a defendant to testify on their own behalf. In many cases, the risk of what could come out on cross-examination outweighs any benefit that could be gained from hearing directly from the defendant.

So you bought the defense theory hook, line and sinker …before they even presented their case?
Actually, oddly enough the prosecution seemingly presented the defense’s case. I have never seen anything like it.
That’s why the D said it needs only a week or so.
Bizarre.
And just to be clear, I am not pro KR , am pro justice. If LE can prove KR guilty so be it. So far nothing even remotely has been presented beyond a reasonable doubt.
LE failed one of their own with this
“investigation” sham. They are an embarrassment as is the DA who brought the whole mess to court.
Both P and D asked to delay things while the fbi investigation was active.
That would have been a good opportunity to retreat.
Lots of poor judgement through out this entire case.
JMO
They also need to prove that a Lexus SUV actually collided with John O'Keefe. Going in reverse. We've seen nothing at all that points in that direction as all witnesses that even saw Karen's car, so far, have said they only saw her moving her vehicle in a forward direction.

IMO MOO
? We saw the ring video from JOK’s house
With KR backing into John’s car. The wheel actually moves on his car. This was last week in court iirc. Jmo

It’s hardly a vast “conspiracy” when you consider the culture/loyalty that waldojabba mentioned. And besides that, Nearly all of those in attendance at the Albert home that night are tightly bonded/intertwined as family, iirc. Add the lead investigator MP as a close friend to that group. These people have lived intertwined lives for a long time. There are at least two generations involved in these families, too. Some families will do anything to protect their own.

Those who weren’t family but just friends, appear to have no knowledge of the wider going-on’s that night. So cross them off of the so-called conspiracy list.

I think it’s worth remembering that any first responder could be indirectly intimidated by this seemingly powerful group in that town. I can’t remember if we had any issues with testimony from EMTs, for example, though. In some places, you keep your mouth shut if you do happen to know something, too.

I just don’t think it’s that hard of a concept to grasp.
Great post LaineyJ! And add to it - I am confused / alarmed by the apparent medical examiner report that determined manner of death ‘undetermined’…… but then IIRC also included / added / inserted the phrasing that death was not the result of a fight?

If true, that IMO is an amazing concluding leap in that document. And begs the question why was that phrase added? For what purpose? And by and for whom? Would love to have been a fly on the wall when it seems discussion must have been held to discuss that. And IMO, the inclusion of that one phrase almost seems to shout that the report was not an impartial, neutral, or unbiased rendering perhaps. MOO

Actually, oddly enough the prosecution seemingly presented the defense’s case. I have never seen anything like it.
That’s why the D said it needs only a week or so.
Bizarre.
And just to be clear, I am not pro KR , am pro justice. If LE can prove KR guilty so be it. So far nothing even remotely has been presented beyond a reasonable doubt.
LE failed one of their own with this
“investigation” sham. They are an embarrassment as is the DA who brought the whole mess to court.
Both P and D asked to delay things while the fbi investigation was active.
That would have been a good opportunity to retreat.
Lots of poor judgement through out this entire case.
JMO

? We saw the ring video from JOK’s house
With KR backing into John’s car. The wheel actually moves on his car. This was last week in court iirc. Jmo
“investigation” sham as you put it is the main reason KR should be found not guilty. She has not received a fair trial due to the shoddy investigation. JMO

Great post LaineyJ! And add to it - I am confused / alarmed by the apparent medical examiner report that determined manner of death ‘undetermined’…… but then IIRC also included / added / inserted the phrasing that death was not the result of a fight?

If true, that IMO is an amazing concluding leap in that document. And begs the question why was that phrase added? For what purpose? And by and for whom? Would love to have been a fly on the wall when it seems discussion must have been held to discuss that. And IMO, the inclusion of that one phrase almost seems to shout that the report was not an impartial, neutral, or unbiased rendering perhaps. MOO
The defense should be careful. It may not have been directly asked, but as a result of the ME reviewing police records. Anyway it adds to the sham / cover up

There is no way this will be seen as other than deceitful after cross and calling it a blunder won’t fly. The timestamp scroll at bottom of video had been corrected, meaning there was awareness of the invert and a purposeful attempt to hide that fact by correcting the timestamp scroll at bottom.
Again. Trying to catch up on certain details. How does inverting the Lexus video help the CW case? I totally believe it was done intentionally… I just don’t understand what it does to bolster the case against KR. Even if the inverted view shows the taillight…well that’s not even in dispute in the first place is it? And didn’t proctor already have the vehicle for an unaccounted for period of time? Moo TIA

I don't know if this helps or not

snipped
Defense attorney Alan Jackson questioned Bukhenik about the investigation and why he initially thought O'Keefe's death was due to a "physical altercation."

"I communicated our suspicions to the medical examiner's office," Bukhenik testified.

The defense should be careful. It may not have been directly asked, but as a result of the ME reviewing police records. Anyway it adds to the sham / cover up

not sure, never heard of this before. I will say though that I’m sure the defense will handle this expertly. Lawyer 101: don’t ask questions you don’t already know the answer to

Again. Trying to catch up on certain details. How does inverting the Lexus video help the CW case? I totally believe it was done intentionally… I just don’t understand what it does to bolster the case against KR. Even if the inverted view shows the taillight…well that’s not even in dispute in the first place is it? And didn’t proctor already have the vehicle for an unaccounted for period of time? Moo TIA
All it did was make the cw look worse and open up more questions about the missing time on the video.JMO

More tomorrow, but it's completely deceptive and I suspect we will begin to hear calls for Lally's disbarment. You cannot use evidence meant to deceive a jury.

A mirror image here causes confusion. We think we're looking at THE taillight side, the passenger side, but the partial taillight we see is the driver's side. The "undamaged" side.

This is very important because at various times we can see Michael Proctor alone on what we think is the unrelated side, but in reality he is seen alone for multiple short periods alone with the actual damaged taillight.

I don't know if this helps or not

snipped
Defense attorney Alan Jackson questioned Bukhenik about the investigation and why he initially thought O'Keefe's death was due to a "physical altercation."

"I communicated our suspicions to the medical examiner's office," Bukhenik testified.

Yes thank you very much. I did see that portion of the testimony. It almost IMO seemed that the detective was very cautious in his answers to the defense attorney’s questions around that. And IIRC there were a lot of prosecution objections that were sustained around that time.

And I hope someone is keeping a tally of the sustained and overruled objections for both the prosecution and the defense teams. The final count for all could be interesting it seems. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..