MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
“She’s a babe, Fall River accent though, no class”

As if.. as if this guy with the total misogyinistic gutter mind could be the judge of anybody being classy or not.
Class is certainly not in his personal toolbox. His texts read aloud made me wince. Seriously ?
Terrible investigation and terrible rush to judgement and abhorrent culture it seems among these staties. JMO
From here, knowing how it all is, I had to 'laugh' when he said Fall River accent, no class. SO SUPERIOR HE IS FROM CANTON, PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE, just another south of Boston suburban town.

Out of those 12 jurors, you think all 12 believe MP's unprofessionalism didn't impact his investigation of this??
Have you ever heard the term 'black humour'? I know many professionals that make unprofessional comments but still give 110% and do not let their personal feelings affect how they do their job. If you think that this is not common then you live under a rock. Proctor just got caught at it.

Last edited:
Totally - he is just the type of guy who was definitely looking for nudes. They prob would have made their way into the state police locker room. And for him to actually use the word "*advertiser censored*" - I cannot fathom it - and to talk about her colitis - along with the rest

And yes he made Brian Higgins (w ho I believe is involved tangentally) look like a boy scout reading his messaages on the stand aka "DId they Bang??"

Who are these people?

Not our finest
JMO
I agree. A bunch of vile little thugs.

rsbm
I'd guess this is most likely his normal behavior. Even during testimony he still used the word "retarded," of course he made the correction, but he already said it, in front of jurors, all of them. moo

Proctor was also the lead investigator in the Ana Walshe disappearance/murder. A case which involved a lot of electronic data. And a victim who I think most people would agree was very attractive.

I can only shudder to think what his comments will have been regarding her.

This will be a huge boon for Brian Walshe's defense.

Have you ever heard the term 'black humour'? I know many professionals that make unprofessional comments but still give 110% and do not let their personal feels affect how they do their job. If you think that this is not common then you live under a rock. Proctor just got caught at it.
This is a good point- "it's common". Which is something to think about.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for derogatory namechanges. The following is referring to the Judge's rulings during Proctor's testimony>

I could not believe it was her ringing that SHAME BELL. I was listening but I had to snap my head to the screen I was so shocked by her STEPPING UP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Proctor originally thought JOK was beat up by the homeowners based on talking to the paramedic and doesn’t at least want to rule it out during the investigation?

Even if he thought KR did it and had witness statements that JOK never went into the house why not do forensics to verify it and rule it out by checking for blood, vomit residue, mucus, bodily fluids, skin cells, hair samples or fibers from his clothes? There wasn’t an explanation for the cuts on JOK’s arm so even if didn’t think BA was not involved why try to do forensics or take samples or comparisons from the dog and maybe other loose or wild dogs in the area even if it is again to rule Chloe’s involvement or that train of thought out? He wouldn’t even have to accuse the Alberts in this case but say the investigation is covering all their bases.

Proctor emphasizing the JOK’s missing sneaker stood out to me. Even though shoes do often come off when pedestrians are struck by vehicles they can also become loose and if not corrected, fall off when the wearer trips, slips, kicks with a strong enough force, gets a foot caught in a hole or substance like mud, sand and snow. When sneakers or socks become wet or become soggy it cause a shoe to fall off. Analysis of trace evidence have shown that in some cases shoes have either been intentionally pulled off or accidentally jolted off by perps when they have dragged or helped carry a victim by their feet and legs. Instead of just viewing that missing sneaker as a sign of vehicular hit he could have it used it to keep open mind during the investigation to still rule out physical assault, IMO.

Also, the lack of abdominal and pelvic trauma and fractures or injuries to the legs on JOK remains didn’t bother him or cause concern but JO’s missing shoe did?

Last edited:
Have you ever heard the term 'black humour'? I know many professionals that make unprofessional comments but still give 110% and do not let their personal feels affect how they do their job. If you think that this is not common then you live under a rock. Proctor just got caught at it.

I took part in dark humor personally, while working in the ER. Saw many many things, and humor was used as a way to cope with all the ugly. But, NEVER would I have written it down. Anywhere. Hand written, text, group chat, e-mail.....NEVER.

I didn’t say anything was uncommon. You quoted my post but your comment really doesn’t answer my question.

I highly doubt all 12 jurors thought, “oh, go him! It was just a joke, just a little black humor lol”?? And how is it a joke? How is simply calling KR “retarded” as a descriptor a joke? Where is the punchline? That’s just being vitriolic and mean. He never met her yet all he did was use degrading terms to describe her. I still don’t see the punchline.

JMO

I took part in dark humor personally, while working in the ER. Saw many many things, and humor was used as a way to cope with all the ugly. But, NEVER would I have written it down. Anywhere. Hand written, text, group chat, e-mail.....NEVER.
I understand dark humor and why in some professions def. and why. It would be said to your coworker as you are working, quietly. His to me is not dark humor at all. Whole different vibe and reasons. Two different things. Plus, it's how he looks at things period, esp. when a woman CLEARLY.

So Proctor originally thought JOK was beat up by the homeowners based on talking to the paramedic and doesn’t at least want to rule it out during the investigation?

Even if he thought KR did it and had witness statements that JOK never went into the house why not do forensics to verify it and rule it out by checking for blood, vomit residue, mucus, bodily fluids, skin cells, hair samples or fibers from his clothes? There wasn’t an explanation for the cuts on JOK’s arm so even if didn’t think BA was not involved why try to do forensics or take samples or comparisons from the dog and maybe other loose or wild dogs in the area even if it is again to rule Chloe’s involvement or that train of thought out? He wouldn’t even have to accuse the Alberts in this case but say the investigation is covering all their bases.

Proctor emphasizing the JOK’s missing sneaker stood out to me. Even though shoes do often come off when pedestrians are struck by vehicles they can also become loose and if not corrected, fall off when the wearer trips, slips, kicks with a strong enough force, gets a foot caught in a hole or substance like mud, sand and snow. When sneakers or socks become wet or become soggy it cause a shoe to fall off. Analysis of trace evidence have shown that in some cases shoes have either been intentionally pulled off or accidentally jolted off by perps when they have dragged or helped carry a victim by their feet and legs. Instead of just viewing that missing sneaker as a sign of vehicular hit he could have it used it to keep open mind during the investigation to still rule out physical assault, IMO.

Also, the lack of abdominal and pelvic trauma and fractures or injuries to the legs on JOK remains didn’t bother him or cause concern but JO’s missing shoe did?
To him it was hammering his judge and jury mentality HOME, but his sneaker was off, case closed.

I didn’t say anything was uncommon. You quoted my post but your comment really doesn’t answer my question.

I highly doubt all 12 jurors thought, “oh, go him! It was just a joke, just a little black humor lol”?? And how is it a joke? How is simply calling KR “retarded” as a descriptor a joke? Where is the punchline? That’s just being vitriolic and mean. He never met her yet all he did was use degrading terms to describe her. I still don’t see the punchline.

JMO

I am sort of surprised we didn't see " Bang Bang" in his /their group texts. Reminded me of a high school aged boy we may have come to know. ( CA )

True. So what I want to know first would be Proctor’s education. Just because they are planning another school rearrangement in my area. I am always thinking about prevention. CW police is probably at the phase of “troubleshooting and sweeping up.” Late…
Not sure about Proctor's education related to law enforcement.
Isn't there already a test you have to pass before you can be eligible for law enforcement? Whatever test he passed, must not be very rigorous.
They can remove the IQ caps and have more applicants.

When it comes to small or medium sized police departments, the Lone wolf, single bad apple, argument about bad cops is almost always untrue. Bad cops don't hire on with small or medium honest departments that enforce standards, unless it's a very rare case of a new guy, they work for departments that allow that bad behavior or big departments where they can fly under the radar.
I won't name the cities involved but there is an Army base down south with 4 police/sheriff's departments in close proximity. 3 of them, it was known, if you wanted meth you dealt with PD A, weed, the deputies controlled it and anything else, the 'biggest PD in the area handled it. I personally saw cops from 2 different PDs, selling drugs from their patrol cars. Literally sitting in a bar parking lot and selling weed. The 'bigger PD' chief was convicted of selling drugs and guns from the evidence lockup. Think his officers aren't running their own side hustles?
One Sheriff's department down the road stopped sharing info on upcoming raids and warrants with those other 3 departments.
And it doesn't have to be something as bad as what I just wrote about. It can be something as 'minor' as 3-man PD falsifying work hours or running speed traps. Or looking the other way when another officer beats up somebody while off duty.
Unfortunately, those are the departments we see or hear about because the smaller PDs that are run honestly never make the news. Where I live currently, I've had nothing but positive interactions with the cops. Doesn't mean I've forgotten about the New Llano, LA cops pulling me over 7 times in 2 weeks and spending almost an hour searching my truck every time because I went out on a single date with a cops ex GF.
Little rural town near us caught LE unloading drugs from planes that came in late at night. Sadly, there are bad apples everywhere.

I noticed they really didn't get into how he handled the evidence. I think there might be more going on with that behind the scenes. If not, there should be.JMOO
I expected to see plastic pieces taped together to form the the tail light. Or at least a photograph of how the pieces fit together.
But they were just holding up random shards from multiple evidence bags. They glossed over everything and did not explain how they tried to match/identify any of the pieces.

Have you ever heard the term 'black humour'? I know many professionals that make unprofessional comments but still give 110% and do not let their personal feelings affect how they do their job. If you think that this is not common then you live under a rock. Proctor just got caught at it.
One thing I must school about black humor. It is NEVER written or recorded. People may say it while they're trying to compartmentalize and it's ignored, not fed.

His sister too. She did text that Proctor’s wife “better have dinner on the table when he gets home”. That gives me a pretty good idea of the type of person she is.

JMO
I'm pretty sure the sister told him to really think about taking this case. A kind of warning. I posted about it earlier right after I heard what her text said. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member