MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A key player in the Karen Read case took the stand on Monday. Here's everything that happened in a closely watched day in court.

June 10, 2024 • Updated 1 min ago​

I think you got that right. Another thing that bothers me is that when any cop is killed in Southern California, departments give utmost respect towards the fallen officers, and their families. Scores of officers coming from everywhere are there. Why the complete absence of any respect and honor for John, from the very beginning?
The people who believe Karen did it say that since John didn’t die while on duty, he’s not owed the same respect as an officer who does. (I’ve seen that said elsewhere.)

Wonder on that too…… but IIRC proctor on more than one occasion has stated I believe on the record today that any conduct by him or offensive or inappropriate ‘jokes’ did not affect the investigation. And wasn’t that allowed without objection or judge ruling? So maybe he opened that door wide open? IANAL. MOO
one can only hope it opens that door. JMOO

Regarding MP text messages: It so funny how he’s wanting nudes, calls her all kinds of names, yet is interested in her? Did I understand all that? People like that can’t be understood other than they're insecure and immature? They are lost in the sauce and like to feel more superior than others? But, in real life they are not superior to others, only weak. I know many will disagree, but you have to feel sorry for someone like that. moo and speculation
First, I would feel sorry for his victims. All the people he has likely put away with his weakness and insecurity. I'll feel sorry for him when he no longer has the ultimate power to destroy lives, and deny life and liberty to those lives.

Oh, no, no, no. The union can't help him and it won't.

He is a very bad and dirty cop who framed an innocent woman. Buckle up for Wednesday.

I hope Jackson gives Yannetti some of the cross. :cool:
I think it’s best if Jackson does it all. Then no one can accuse the defense of doing something wrong.

Innocent in the way, John wasn’t in the house and Jen didn’t know anything. Innocent in she’s telling her truth on the stand. Ok I know everyone is going to come at me….that why I said imagine. I would be extremely upset if people were harassing my family and children. It would be hard not to be angry and upset.
“I bet the owners of the house will get some sh**”, “no because he is a Boston cop”.
“Hos long to die in the cold’
He (witness ) observed that the tail light was cracked with a piece missing’ (not 29)
Death Cert. (original ) death not (emphasis NOT) as a result of a fight. A death cert never says what did not cause a death.
‘Colin was not at the house when John was there’.
Vile comments
Inverted video
Ret*** cu** nude photos ‘ poop bag …
It Did not influence my investigation.
It goes on and on.
MY opinion only .
MOO

View attachment 509298

View attachment 509307
wrap-around tail light fixture that extends to the lift gate
View attachment 509299

Lexus SUV for illustration purposes only -- from the ratio of clear plastic to red plastic, it follows that there would be more red pieces of plastic if the light was completely shattered. Also, noting that even the liftgate contains red tail light plastic

However, what doesn't follow is shards of red tail light plastic located over several days that were not the result of a force beyond a bump and fracture (crack) of the tail light plastic such as backing into another vehicle. This makes no sense to me.

Just as it makes no sense that there is no ring camera of JO exiting the SUV or KR striking him with her vehicle.

5/3/24 MSM Photo credit
Does anybody know the measurements for how high off the ground the tail light is on this model and how tall JO is? Where on his body would the tail light hit if he was standing up or bending over puking?

She definitely has time to redeem herself (in the eyes of those who dislike her). I think she really just did not know everything that was "out there" with regard to this case.

IMO MOO
Not sure about that, imo.
She should have recused herself ever since we saw her called "Aunt Bev" by one of the Albert's kids on social media.
Her behavior up to this point has been problematic by rushing the defense, to the point Yannetti could not include a rebuttal on record this morning. He had proof the prosecution was lying and she didn't want to hear it!
Objections stated without the reason why is by design. It goes faster (she wants to rush this through) and she doesn't have to explain why something was sustained etc.
The judge has allowed witnesses for the prosecution to narrate stories without being questioned directly.
The judge has allowed hearsay onto the record more than once.
I think a typical judge's eyes would bug out of their head (silently) if they saw solo cups being entered into evidence.
I wonder if Judge Bev will continue her vigorous interest after today.
Or is it all designed to focus on Proctor as the only bad apple in this rotten forest?

The people who believe Karen did it say that since John didn’t die while on duty, he’s not owed the same respect as an officer who does. (I’ve seen that said elsewhere.)
Even Los Angeles gives tremendous respect to all its fallen officers, no matter how they fell. All these people are disgusting to me.

Both the defense and prosecution will have experts who argue that their interpretation of Jen McCabe’s phone searches are correct. From my (admittedly limited!) understanding, and from reading the CW’s witness’s blog about the subject, it seems like it probably can’t be conclusively proven one way or another. So jury will have to decide which version they find more compelling (and of course are instructed to default to the version that favors the defense if two explanations are equally plausible).

IMHO, I think JM is shady but I think the Google search is probably a glitch of some kind, the circumstances around it are just too complex and weird. I think there’s better evidence that potentially exonerates KR than this.
Hardly a glitch as the misspelling was not repeated

The list is growing
Things lally is doing that further validate the defense. The mirrored video, the KR audio recording implicating ca and ba, and now the testimony by the police sgt that the tail light was only cracked.
Add to that, trooper proctor in all his hateful, uncouth self, blatantly demeaning KR and even really really hating Yanetti. Thanks again lally. JMOO
I don’t disagree, and I’ll probably get shouted off this page……. but in fairness to Lally…… he didn’t pick these witnesses for the prosecution or their evidence. This was brought to them with the investigators, the investigation, and much of their work. Granted there seems to be a considerable question as to why the case was brought, or a plea wasn’t considered, but who knows. MOO

Both the defense and prosecution will have experts who argue that their interpretation of Jen McCabe’s phone searches are correct. From my (admittedly limited!) understanding, and from reading the CW’s witness’s blog about the subject, it seems like it probably can’t be conclusively proven one way or another. So jury will have to decide which version they find more compelling (and of course are instructed to default to the version that favors the defense if two explanations are equally plausible).

IMHO, I think JM is shady but I think the Google search is probably a glitch of some kind, the circumstances around it are just too complex and weird. I think there’s better evidence that potentially exonerates KR than this.

Really you find a dead body and then ask a friend to google how long to die in the cold.
Not plausible. Moo

Last edited:
I think you got that right. Another thing that bothers me is that when any cop is killed in Southern California, departments give utmost respect towards the fallen officers, and their families. Scores of officers coming from everywhere are there. Why the complete absence of any respect and honor for John, from the very beginning?
Remember, Brian Albert AND Brian Higgins had just returned from a fallen NY police officer’s funeral - who was a stranger. But none of them went to John O’Keefe’s funeral?!!

I understand this is Proctor's personal cell phone correct? If it is his work phone then please correct me. Proctor likely never thought in a million years that his personal cell phone contents would be extracted and read aloud in court as part of a murder trial.
I personally know better than to discuss work things on my personal phone beyond a meme here and there. However I have had to deal with people that have chosen to use their work email or other applications in an inappropriate manner. The dark humour is something else and it is a means of coping with the obscene.
Proctor will probably be sent for 'sensitivity training'. He'll likely face internal discipline and embarrassing the force will be taken into account. His discipline history will also be taken into account if there is any. He is unionized and he'll have his union backing him as well as be entitled to legal assistance (I think....many police forces have the legal representation). Unless it can be proven that he acted in a manner that affected the investigation I doubt anything other than the loss of a few days pay will happen.
It’s one thing to use dark humor to cope. It is entirely another to use it as a tool to disparage while tasked with impartiality.

The fact we are even discussing this, AND LABELING what proctor said as dark humor is misleading IMO.

This wasn’t dark humor. Not by a long shot, and to call it that is an attempt to excuse abhorrent behavior from a PUBLIC SERVANT.

It should never be excused.

I don’t disagree, and I’ll probably get shouted off this page……. but in fairness to Lally…… he didn’t pick these witnesses for the prosecution or their evidence. This was brought to them with the investigators, the investigation, and much of their work. Granted there seems to be a considerable question as to why the case was brought, or a plea wasn’t considered, but who knows. MOO

Not gonna shout, lol. But I am gonna disagree. IMO lally got the short straw on a case an ada in their right mind would not want to prosecute. But is he ignorant of the shoddy investigation work and lying witnesses? NO. As I've previously said, he's in it up to his spiked hair. JMOO

Yes, I've seen her appear very sad when showing JO's clothes and things relating to him personally. So far there has not been much about JO as the alberts and mccabes and proctors, higgins and all the rest seem to be the focus of the cw trial.JMO
Thank you. I understand there’s a lot of hostility in that court room which is palpable even while watching, which will skew things making KR understandably uncomfortable.

I understand this is Proctor's personal cell phone correct? If it is his work phone then please correct me. Proctor likely never thought in a million years that his personal cell phone contents would be extracted and read aloud in court as part of a murder trial.
I personally know better than to discuss work things on my personal phone beyond a meme here and there. However I have had to deal with people that have chosen to use their work email or other applications in an inappropriate manner. The dark humour is something else and it is a means of coping with the obscene.
Proctor will probably be sent for 'sensitivity training'. He'll likely face internal discipline and embarrassing the force will be taken into account. His discipline history will also be taken into account if there is any. He is unionized and he'll have his union backing him as well as be entitled to legal assistance (I think....many police forces have the legal representation). Unless it can be proven that he acted in a manner that affected the investigation I doubt anything other than the loss of a few days pay will happen.
He's being investigated by the FBI on separate matter, ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14