MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • 5:07 a.m. O’Keefe’s driveway camera shows Read’s car backing out of the driveway. Read meets Jennifer McCabe and Roberts at McCabe’s house. Roberts drives Read and Jennifer McCabe to the Albert residence.

Ohhh I thought Jennifer and Kerry went to John's house to meet Karen. So Karen left, went to Jen's, and then the three of them drove back to John's house? With Kerry and Jen driving behind Karen? Is that correct?

Today Proctor testified that they never record their interviews. It sounded like some kind of policy. I don't understand that at all. I can't think of a single legitimate reason that a law enforcement agency wouldn't record their contacts with civilians. I can think of a bunch of non-legitimate reasons, though.

This case would have gone very differently if the officers were equipped with body cameras and the interviews were conducted in an appropriate manner (held at a police station, each witness spoken to separately and the conversations recorded). If that had been done, John O'Keefe's family would be getting justice instead of this farce.
They never record their interviews? That is proof of corruption, in my opinion.

I have no clue, but it's a thing. Going only 25mph though? Also no clue. They are banking on it though.
I googled it but all the links were dodgy and did not seem to apply to 24mph or even close..I could see slides falling off if somebody fell over but not laced shoes and I collected many a RTA victim and we never removed their shoes, nor were they missing prior to being loaded in ambulance...

this case is really dodgy..
all cliches and zero integrity..

Does anybody have his autopsy report handy?
Cos I need to figure whether this vehicle rolled over him or what injuries exactly he had even though COD is 'undetermined'

He is buried now.
They're not gonna do a second autopsy.

Death certificates are public record in Massachusetts, but contain much less information than the full report. O’Keefe’s, filed with the clerk’s office in Canton, says he died from “blunt impact injuries of head and hypothermia,” but includes no elaboration by Scordi-Bello, who certified it.

The manner of death is listed as “could not be determined.”

A photo was shown today in court of JO's lower legs/feet when he was lying on the bed in the ER. His socks were intact. They are black.
I do wonder if they’re his. The only person who could have possibly testify to that is Karen.
But her TRO kicked in really fast so there’s that.
My thought was always that he took off his shoes once he entered 34F. Dog hair galore.
Either they thought ahead and changed his socks, or they were never tested.
BA also knew shoes come off during impact (typically at high speeds), so I keep wondering where are his socks.

4/28/24

Here's a look at what happened immediately before and after O'Keefe's death, as well as how the investigation into Read unfolded, pulled from court filings and NBC10 Boston's reporting.

Jan. 28, 2022: A gathering in Canton precedes John​

Jan. 29, 2022: John O'Keefe dies​

12:15-12:45 a.m.: Multiple witnesses recall a dark SUV pulling up to the home around 12:15. McCabe says she sees the vehicle pull up around 12:30 a.m. and sit there for about 15 minutes, but that no one comes inside and the vehicle leaves around 12:45. According to the defense, she has been texting with O'Keefe, and the last four texts, sent between 12:31 and 12:45 a.m., go unanswered.
I have never thought of this before, but what if it is true that John never entered the house, or only did so for a minute and they went outside or he was called out to the backyard. Maybe they were letting Chloe out in the yard? That is when some kind of altercation ensued in the back yard. It would make sense that not a lot of people saw it happen?

I have never thought of this before, but what if it is true that John never entered the house, or only did so for a minute and they went outside or he was called out to the backyard. Maybe they were letting Chloe out in the yard? That is when some kind of altercation ensued in the back yard. It would make sense that not a lot of people saw it happen?

Possible! There was quite a bit of testimony, that seemed unnecessary, about Brian Albert letting the dog out, but not going outside himself. Staying inside while she was outside.

They were all in the living room with music on and drunk. The basement doors are there as soon as you enter the house.
Doubt anyone would see or hear much, and he was taken out through bulkhead that opens up in the back yard.
BA also admitted that he let Chloe out back during that time.

OK, rewatching opening statements (mostly because it's bedtime and I have a crush on Yanetti....I kid I kid....), and he said Karen, in a panic, backed out of her garage around 5AM, after she realized he never got home.

But he didn't say where she went, if anywhere, after that. And wasn't her car forward facing when KR and JM arrived at her home? Did she pull out of her driveway and then pull back in?

I'll need to watch some more testimony tomorrow to understand what happened next unless someone else can clarify?
The garage is side loading. So she was pulling out of the garage parallel to the street while his car was parked on the driveway off to the side.

They were all in the living room with music on and drunk. The basement doors are there as soon as you enter the house.
Doubt anyone would see or hear much, and he was taken out through bulkhead that opens up in the back yard.
BA also admitted that he let Chloe out back during that time.
not forgetting the matter of the basement floor having been dug up prior to sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss