MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not forgetting the matter of the basement floor having been dug up prior to sale.
Yeah but wasn’t that a year later? The house sold 4/23

I do wonder if they’re his. The only person who could have possibly testify to that is Karen.
But her TRO kicked in really fast so there’s that.
My thought was always that he took off his shoes once he entered 34F. Dog hair galore.
Either they thought ahead and changed his socks, or they were never tested.
BA also knew shoes come off during impact (typically at high speeds), so I keep wondering where are his socks.
When the girls took KR back to JO's house that morning comments were made about how JO always took off shoes when entering the house. My son and his wife and kids always remove their shoes upon entering my house, so it's just something some people always do. Well, what if JO entered the house and was in the process of bending over taking his shoes off. He managed to get one of them off before getting hit in the back of the head. He would have been in a perfect position for that to happen. Just a thought....JMOO

When the girls took KR back to JO's house that morning comments were made about how JO always took off shoes when entering the house. My son and his wife and kids always remove their shoes upon entering my house, so it's just something some people always do. Well, what if JO entered the house and was in the process of bending over taking his shoes off. He managed to get one of them off before getting hit in the back of the head. He would have been in a perfect position for that to happen. Just a thought....JMOO
Another great theory.

I don't always take my shoes off in my house (hardly ever), but I have some regular visitors to my house who do. They leave them at the front door because that's their habit.

I can see this happening.

I'm looking for the link , it came in today and said pre sale.

Ohhh I thought Jennifer and Kerry went to John's house to meet Karen. So Karen left, went to Jen's, and then the three of them drove back to John's house? With Kerry and Jen driving behind Karen? Is that correct?

This part has always been a bit strange to me. But no, that’s not correct. Karen drove to Jen’s house, Kerry also drove to that house. Jen didn’t want Karen driving so she drove Karen’s car, with Karen as a passenger, back to John’s house with Kerry following in her own car. Then they looked around inside, didn’t find him in the house and all 3 got in Kerry’s car to go drive around and look for him.

Page 5

The unprofessional conduct Massachusetts State Police Trooper Michael Proctor has admitted to on the stand in the Karen Read murder trial is now set to impact another high-profile homicide case he's connected to.

The attorney representing Brian Walshe — the Cohasset man accused of killing his wife, Ana, in early 2023 — has told NBC10 Boston he plans to file a motion over possible questionable conduct that names Proctor.

The unprofessional conduct Massachusetts State Police Trooper Michael Proctor has admitted to on the stand in the Karen Read murder trial is now set to impact another high-profile homicide case he's connected to.

The attorney representing Brian Walshe — the Cohasset man accused of killing his wife, Ana, in early 2023 — has told NBC10 Boston he plans to file a motion over possible questionable conduct that names Proctor.

And the hits just keep on coming.....

Proctor states he has all the evidence but doesn’t state that said evidence could point to multiple scenarios or explanations. For example, the shoe (could have fallen multiple different way, the broken taillight (hit JOK car) and JOK’s injuries (both he and Bukhenik had at first thought JOK was a victim of a fatal physically assault). Why not rule the other possibilities out?

He told his friend KR waffled JOK with her car. How? Waffling someone usually happens inside the vehicle when the driver presses down on the brake and unrestrained passenger’s body is forced forward and hits a part of the vehicle in front of them. It was considered a form of police brutality when officers wanted to hurt or retaliate against one of their charges riding in their vehicle (similar to Rough Ride, another form of police brutality, that resulted in the death of Freddie Grey in Baltimore). Waffling often resulted in head and facial but the damage, like Rough Ride, occurs inside the vehicle? How did MP think KR waffled JOK if he was outside her vehicle? And what position was his body in to cause the head and facial trauma as a result? And how did he decide this all on Day 1 of the investigation? Wouldn’t he need more time to look at the science and forensics?

There is also the lack of explanation or evidence for the scratches on the arm and lack of pelvic, abdominal and lower limb injuries to JOK if he was considered the victim of a hit and run? How MP explain that to himself and his fellow officers?

He didn’t investigate BA’s home for forensics so he didn’t collect all the evidence and how did he verify witnesses statements, movements and alibis if he didn’t check their phones, let alone 360 app that he knew some had available? How did he verify who was in contact with JO and KR or if they really didn’t know whether or not someone had let him in the house if he didn’t check their phones? It was a homicide investigation so shouldn’t he have covered all his bases?

MOO

This certainly isn’t the hill I’m dying on with this case but I do think it’s suspicious. It was the home Brian Albert and his siblings grew up in, his family had owned the house for decades. It was listed for sale 11/17/2022, so a few months shy of a year.
To put that timeframe in context: June 2022 was the grand jury where the charges turned into murder charges, September 15th 2022 is the first motion filed referencing the Alberts - in which the defense requested the entire family’s phones - October 5th 2022 is the first time Julie Nagel is interviewed, mid-October 2022 is when Brian Higgins and Brian Albert destroy their phones. To say the investigation had been minimal to this point is an understatement.

Remember the texts from Proctor about the owner of the house being fine since he was a Boston police officer. I think the November 2022 listing date could very well be indicative of when the Alberts realized they were actually going to be investigated and compelled by the court to cooperate. I think there is a clear parallel between destroying their phones 9 months later and selling their home after 10 months. Not to imply those are equal actions but Brian Albert clearly wasn’t worried about the contents of his phone until mid September 2022, why would his house be any different?

Last edited:
12:15-12:45 a.m.: Multiple witnesses recall a dark SUV pulling up to the home around 12:15. McCabe says she sees the vehicle pull up around 12:30 a.m. and sit there for about 15 minutes, but that no one comes inside and the vehicle leaves around 12:45.
Didn’t MP imply that the Ring footage at JOK’s show KR return at 12:41 AM that night?

And yet JMcC is still texting JOK at 12:40, 12:42 and 12:45 to ask where he is or if he is coming in. It can’t be because she thinks he is still sitting in KR’s vehicle because KR was already at JO’s home by then. Additionally, JMcC says she sees KR’s by the flag pole to the left of the house for 15 minutes or until 12:45 but JO’s Ring camera seems to contradict that.

If the implication about JO’s Ring camera is true and JMcC is still texting and looking for JO after KR’s vehicle is gone this could imply she did see him get out of the vehicle and head towards the house.

JMO

Last edited:
Ohhh I thought Jennifer and Kerry went to John's house to meet Karen. So Karen left, went to Jen's, and then the three of them drove back to John's house? With Kerry and Jen driving behind Karen? Is that correct?
No, Kerry, Karen and Jen left Jen's home together where Jen drove Karen's vehicle and Kerry followed behind them. Jen did not want Karen to drive. After checking the O'Keefe home for John, the 3 women all left together in Kerry's vehicle and drove to Alberts on Fairview.

Didn’t MP imply that the Ring footage at JOK’s show KR return at 12:41 AM that night?

And yet JMcC is still texting JOK at 12:40, 12:42 and 12:45 to ask where he is or if he is coming in. It can’t be because she thinks he is still sitting in KR’s vehicle because KR was already at JO’s home by then. Additionally, JMcC says she sees KR’s by the flag pole to the left of the house for 15 minutes or until 12:45 but JO’s Ring camera seems to contradict that. Yet, she is still texting and for JO, after KR’s vehicle is gone, which could imply she saw him get out of the vehicle and head towards the house.

JMO
JM also changed her statements about the timing a few times. In pretrial documents from the CW, she not only says she saw the car out front at 12:45am, she goes even further to say she texted JO at 12:40 and then watched the SUV pull up to the flagpole, texted again at 12:45am and then watched the SUV drive off. Another time, she only mentioned the 12:40 text and said she wasn’t sure when the car left. During her trial testimony, it seemed she was being even more careful to avoid giving specific times, when describing her seeing the SUV, past a certain point. Seems like everyone, including herself and the CW, are aware at this point that her statements about when she saw the car are directly contradicted by other evidence.

Best to reference the MSL by the listing agent. In this case, the home was listed on 11/17/22, pending sale 2/17/23, and sold 4/10/23.

Realistically there needs to be a whole new investigation.

The victim, JO, has weighed heavy on my mind this week.

Officer down, freezing to death in the garden of another LE, and nobody moved an inch or thought it important add some hustle and go outside to be by his side. Instead, a vile, crude, and unworthy trooper seems to be living business as usual mode.

I dunno. Something is terribly wrong in Canton, Mass. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member