MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone in Canton live in million dollar homes???
No, those homes are in , JO's is, the HIGH END developments that started up prob early 90 's.. McMansions, they were called. Canton is an old New England town so it varies on the home styles. NOW they PROB are all 'million dollar homes' but I hate to say, those are OVER a million now. Canton is a perfect town location wise to Boston/Cape and highways, but a 'small town' feel and convenient to really anything : suburban life. Lots of expensive townhouse and apartment complexes built as well. Back in the day it was 'Leave it to Beaver' type town like all around there.

Again, I'm still way behind watching the trial. I've watched through the sisters with the Aruba testimony. I was somewhat amused to read the comments on here about their testimony.

Something has never made sense to me. Why is Karen Read calling people at 5am in the morning concerned about where John is and frantic? This really doesn't add up to me based on the circumstances. My husband and I rarely drink that much. If we were out drinking and socializing and I dropped him off at someones' house to continue drinking at midnight I would not be immediately freaked out if I woke up at 5am to see he didn't come home. I would assume he spent the night at that place. How was he planning to get home anyway? I might be worried, but I would wait until a reasonable hour to start calling people, and I don't think I would be frantic, just worried. I absolutely understand her being hysterical once she found a body.

The only reasoning I have seen was that he would never stay out all night with the kids there. But what does that mean? Weren't they teenagers? Wasn't Karen at the house with them...did he not trust her? If you were planning on partying more after leaving the Waterfall, then aren't you already planning not to get home until 1:30 - 2pm anyway so presumably you are not getting home before the kids go to bed.

All this makes be believe that something was amiss from the start....maybe she hit him, maybe she blacked out and didn't know why he wasn't home, maybe she is prone to jealousy and thought he may be out with someone. The comments from the various witnesses that she is crazy does makes sense to me based on my thoughts above. I mean crazy in the sense that some females are all about drama.

Just because you and your husband do something doesn't mean that KR would react in the same exact manner. We have no idea of their normal routine, what nights out were like, if they ALWAYS ended up back home together or not. I know a good number of people who would be freaking out if their partner wasn't home by 5am. That doesn't mean that I'm going to assume EVERY couple would react that way. I don't have a perpetual window into KR and JOK's daily lives, so I don't see how I can determine what is and what isn't weird for them as a couple. JMO

No, those homes are in , JO's is, the HIGH END developments that started up prob early 90 's.. McMansions, they were called. Canton is an old New England town so it varies on the home styles. NOW they PROB are all 'million dollar homes' but I hate to say, those are OVER a million now. Canton is a perfect town location wise to Boston/Cape and highways, but a 'small town' feel and convenient to really anything : suburban life. Lots of expensive townhouse and apartment complexes built as well. Back in the day it was 'Leave it to Beaver' type town like all around there.
Forgot to add. CORRUPT POLICING AND GOVERNING we are seeing as well to add. Homesellers are now absolutely furious at this as it will turn people away to other local towns. They'll think about the taxes they have to pay of course and now see what they are going for along with normal things. IF there are any left in the town.

Just because you and your husband do something doesn't mean that KR would react in the same exact manner. We have no idea of their normal routine, what nights out were like, if they ALWAYS ended up back home together or not. I know a good number of people who would be freaking out if their partner wasn't home by 5am. That doesn't mean that I'm going to assume EVERY couple would react that way. I don't have a perpetual window into KR and JOK's daily lives, so I don't see how I can determine what is and what isn't weird for them as a couple. JMO
Also due to her texting him, not answering her no matter what she was found to be saying to him.

It’s been said ad nauseam at this point that JO never left the kids alone all night. That was enough of a red flag. Additionally, there was zero communication about the kids that night, which seems to keep getting overlooked. He never called or texted KR to say he’s staying at the party, let alone that he’s going to stay all night and ask her to stay with his 14 year old niece that night. KR and JO don’t live together. I don’t think any parent, let alone one who doesn’t leave his kids alone overnight, would stay at a party all night without at least sending a text at any point to double check their SO did in fact go to their house to be with the kids.

So you wake up, realize you haven’t heard from him in 4 hours, he never came home and he never texted checking in on the kids, then you wake up the niece and find out he didn’t text to check in on/with her either.

Why was KR driving to the bar and not to the house where she last saw O'Keefe?

Again, I'm still way behind watching the trial. I've watched through the sisters with the Aruba testimony. I was somewhat amused to read the comments on here about their testimony.

Something has never made sense to me. Why is Karen Read calling people at 5am in the morning concerned about where John is and frantic? This really doesn't add up to me based on the circumstances. My husband and I rarely drink that much. If we were out drinking and socializing and I dropped him off at someones' house to continue drinking at midnight I would not be immediately freaked out if I woke up at 5am to see he didn't come home. I would assume he spent the night at that place. How was he planning to get home anyway? I might be worried, but I would wait until a reasonable hour to start calling people, and I don't think I would be frantic, just worried. I absolutely understand her being hysterical once she found a body.

The only reasoning I have seen was that he would never stay out all night with the kids there. But what does that mean? Weren't they teenagers? Wasn't Karen at the house with them...did he not trust her? If you were planning on partying more after leaving the Waterfall, then aren't you already planning not to get home until 1:30 - 2pm anyway so presumably you are not getting home before the kids go to bed.

All this makes be believe that something was amiss from the start....maybe she hit him, maybe she blacked out and didn't know why he wasn't home, maybe she is prone to jealousy and thought he may be out with someone. The comments from the various witnesses that she is crazy does makes sense to me based on my thoughts above. I mean crazy in the sense that some females are all about drama.
THIS. It's been established she was jealous and likely insecure.
IMHO they were arguing, she was mad that he was going to go to the after party instead of choosing her. Higgins was there and she had already made things awkward. It's possible she did not want John and Higgins talking without her around especially after everyone had been drinking. They argue, he gets out of the car, he may have slipped due to being drunk and she took off hitting him in the process. He drags himself to his final resting place. She goes home and sleeps it off a bit on the couch. Why the couch and not the bed? Somewhere in there she makes 53 calls to his phone. She wakes up and knows something happened but she can't remember what and also tells (JM?) that she had left John at the Waterfall? She's also seen driving there in the morning? In the meantime she is piecing things from the night before together and then has her 'oh crap' moment and they go to 34 Fairview and she runs to JOK who is laying on the lawn.

@TedDanielnews

Jackson asks Lt. Tully about statements made by Canton plow driver Brian "Lucky" Loughran.He will be an important witness for defense.
Loughran reported he didn't see a body outside 34 Fairview but he did see a Ford Edge parked near the flag pole.

On the stand, Lt. Tully said Loughran's story changed 3 time and he questioned his "reliability".

12:19 PM · Jun 13, 2024

THIS. It's been established she was jealous and likely insecure.
IMHO they were arguing, she was mad that he was going to go to the after party instead of choosing her. Higgins was there and she had already made things awkward. It's possible she did not want John and Higgins talking without her around especially after everyone had been drinking. They argue, he gets out of the car, he may have slipped due to being drunk and she took off hitting him in the process. He drags himself to his final resting place. She goes home and sleeps it off a bit on the couch. Why the couch and not the bed? Somewhere in there she makes 53 calls to his phone. She wakes up and knows something happened but she can't remember what and also tells (JM?) that she had left John at the Waterfall? She's also seen driving there in the morning? In the meantime she is piecing things from the night before together and then has her 'oh crap' moment and they go to 34 Fairview and she runs to JOK who is laying on the lawn.

How could he have drug himself to his final resting place? It was my understanding that blood and vomit evidence shows that's not possible.

@TedDanielnews

Jackson asks Lt. Tully about statements made by Canton plow driver Brian "Lucky" Loughran.He will be an important witness for defense.
Loughran reported he didn't see a body outside 34 Fairview but he did see a Ford Edge parked near the flag pole.

On the stand, Lt. Tully said Loughran's story changed 3 time and he questioned his "reliability".

12:19 PM · Jun 13, 2024
Does anyone already have a tally of how many times Jen McCabe’s story changed or should I start that myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member