MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

Jackson shows this map which indicates the McCabe residence (12 Country Ln) is closer to the cell tower than 34 Fairview Road.

View attachment 510004
Why was Tully so evasive, he can't even admit that 1 mile is less than 2 miles??
The witnesses for the prosecution make themselves look worse and worse by refusing to answer the simplest questions directly.

Why was Tully so evasive, he can't even admit that 1 mile is less than 2 miles??
The witnesses for the prosecution make themselves look worse and worse by refusing to answer the simplest questions directly.
He is quite defiant. One could surmise he isn't giving an inch to AJ because he is angry about Proctor being eviscerated yesterday.

Again, I'm still way behind watching the trial. I've watched through the sisters with the Aruba testimony. I was somewhat amused to read the comments on here about their testimony.

Something has never made sense to me. Why is Karen Read calling people at 5am in the morning concerned about where John is and frantic? This really doesn't add up to me based on the circumstances. My husband and I rarely drink that much. If we were out drinking and socializing and I dropped him off at someones' house to continue drinking at midnight I would not be immediately freaked out if I woke up at 5am to see he didn't come home. I would assume he spent the night at that place. How was he planning to get home anyway? I might be worried, but I would wait until a reasonable hour to start calling people, and I don't think I would be frantic, just worried. I absolutely understand her being hysterical once she found a body.

The only reasoning I have seen was that he would never stay out all night with the kids there. But what does that mean? Weren't they teenagers? Wasn't Karen at the house with them...did he not trust her? If you were planning on partying more after leaving the Waterfall, then aren't you already planning not to get home until 1:30 - 2pm anyway so presumably you are not getting home before the kids go to bed.

All this makes be believe that something was amiss from the start....maybe she hit him, maybe she blacked out and didn't know why he wasn't home, maybe she is prone to jealousy and thought he may be out with someone. The comments from the various witnesses that she is crazy does makes sense to me based on my thoughts above. I mean crazy in the sense that some females are all about drama.

@BienickWCVB

Jackson points out that neither of the cell towers that pinged the night before pinged the following morning. Asks if that means it's more likely Read was on her way to McCabe residence than at 34 Fairview Rd. Objection/sustained.

Jacksons says that based on the cell phone data Tully earlier testified about, Read's SUV was travelling at 37.5 miles per second at one point.

Ohhh I thought Jennifer and Kerry went to John's house to meet Karen. So Karen left, went to Jen's, and then the three of them drove back to John's house? With Kerry and Jen driving behind Karen? Is that correc

Ohhh I thought Jennifer and Kerry went to John's house to meet Karen. So Karen left, went to Jen's, and then the three of them drove back to John's house? With Kerry and Jen driving behind Karen? Is that correc

Why would Brian Higgins describe JOK as a tall, dark-haired man if he knew him? If the tall, dark-haired man was not JOK, who was it?
Ya, it was not JO unless Higgins just threw that out there, which is disgusting to divert to an invisible man.

Again, I'm still way behind watching the trial. I've watched through the sisters with the Aruba testimony. I was somewhat amused to read the comments on here about their testimony.

Something has never made sense to me. Why is Karen Read calling people at 5am in the morning concerned about where John is and frantic? This really doesn't add up to me based on the circumstances. My husband and I rarely drink that much. If we were out drinking and socializing and I dropped him off at someones' house to continue drinking at midnight I would not be immediately freaked out if I woke up at 5am to see he didn't come home. I would assume he spent the night at that place. How was he planning to get home anyway? I might be worried, but I would wait until a reasonable hour to start calling people, and I don't think I would be frantic, just worried. I absolutely understand her being hysterical once she found a body.

The only reasoning I have seen was that he would never stay out all night with the kids there. But what does that mean? Weren't they teenagers? Wasn't Karen at the house with them...did he not trust her? If you were planning on partying more after leaving the Waterfall, then aren't you already planning not to get home until 1:30 - 2pm anyway so presumably you are not getting home before the kids go to bed.

All this makes be believe that something was amiss from the start....maybe she hit him, maybe she blacked out and didn't know why he wasn't home, maybe she is prone to jealousy and thought he may be out with someone. The comments from the various witnesses that she is crazy does makes sense to me based on my thoughts above. I mean crazy in the sense that some females are all about drama.
I believe it has been said that the voice mails she left him were accusations of cheating. IMO, she doesn't remember much from that night and was still drunk. That would explain why she thought at first she left him at the bar. She probably doesn't remember going to 34F or at least how to get there. Does this mean she hit him? At best perhaps an accident, but I just can't pair that with his injuries, which to me, appear to be dog bites from a dog that has been rehomed after 8 years. Not to mention all of the deleted messages, butt dials, lies, name calling, fingerpointing, not securing of the scene, inverted videos, incorrect phone records, shoddy police work and a host of "loose" relationships amongst the case of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0