MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Yanetti takes the slam against him by LE as a compliment. I mean who is LE going to dislike in terms of defense attorneys? The ones who are thorough, informed, astute and have a good track record. Of course, LE wouldn't like him unless he was a prosecutor. Such a compliment!

Sorry…either I missed something or you have JMcC and KR mixed up for the butt dials.

Karen made over 50 calls to OKO that all went unanswered. Though, one call did through to his voicemail and left a recording of the three women on scene finding his body. Apparently, she was in the midst of calling him and dropped her phone in KR’s car when they found OJO. This was voicemail played early in the trial during JMcC’s cross examination.

Timestamp: 2:04:00

It was a typo, sorry.

I didn't hear her say quarreling. I heard her say that she was asking him if they'd been invited. I didn't get the impression of a fight, KR was just looking for clarification. MOO.
The fight was completely made up by prosecutors. No one heard or saw them fighting. But they needed them to be arguing so Karen had a reason to hit him and leave him for dead.

But lots of cars don't have this. What's the year and model of the car in this case?

Ours (2016 car) does NOT have automatic braking. Nor do any of the cars driven by most people I know. Are we assuming that this car was late model?

Do we have the year and model?

She was agitated (and for all we know, impaired). People do all kinds of things when driving in that state.

IMO
I have a late model SUV with this capability of automatic braking, BUT it is not activated. On my vehicle, which is a 2023, one can program this option to either 1. stop when encountering an obstacle, 2. send a sound signal warning, or 3. do nothing at all. So, maybe she did not have this option activated OR she overrode it. MOO

One of the things I can't understand .. when calling people at 5 or 5:30 in the morning I think my questions would be "have you seen John?" or "what time did he leave last night" or "do you happen to know where John is?" .. did she ever do that? Or was she just immediately in panic mode?

They had an argument. She was probably worried he had broken off with her.

He may be a little skittish. Yannetti said he wanted to meet at Lucky's place of work at the DPW but Lucky preferred to meet at an elementary school parking lot instead.

As it happens, Trooper Proctor Trooper's sister - the one who tried to warn him - works at the same school. Someone must have spotted Yannetti and told her, which is why Proctor tried to accuse Yannetti of some weird kind of witness intimidation when he was on the stand earlier this week. Yannetti says he had no idea she worked their and had no contact with any employee at the school. But as has been the case with other disgraced witnesses in this case when under pressure, scream "intimidation!" on the stand. The judge shut it down.

*Edited to add that Yannetti said after court that he was very pleased with Lucky's recall and his story. For what it's worth.
I am looking forward to hearing from lucky about the Ford Edge parked in front of the Albert’s that early morning, about in front of where John’s body was found at approx 2:30 am. We know that BH had an LE “company “ car of the same type. I also think BA may have had one too.
I would love to know who the owner of that car was.
JMO

Jackson has all weekend to fine tune his attack. Watching him is the best part of this trial.
It is, I'm getting hella crush on him and the sound of his voice. lol

On another note, up thread there were mentions of the 53 or so calls/texts KR made that night through early morning, I believe that is the totality of her calls to everyone, JOK, JMcC, her family, etc., not all of those were solely to JOK.

On another note, up thread there were mentions of the 53 or so calls/texts KR made that night through early morning, I believe that is the totality of her calls to everyone, JOK, JMcC, her family, etc., not all of those were solely to JOK.
I have to admit .. I feel the exact opposite so far. His voice is loud and degrading to almost every witness I have seen him cross examine. As an outsider .. if I was on the jury, he would have lost me with his attitude. I just think he could get his points across without being so rude and arrogant. I've not watched the whole trial so maybe I've just caught some of the worst days. MOO

I have to admit .. I feel the exact opposite so far. His voice is loud and degrading to almost every witness I have seen him cross examine. As an outsider .. if I was on the jury, he would have lost me with his attitude. I just think he could get his points across without being so rude and arrogant. I've not watched the whole trial so maybe I've just caught some of the worst days. MOO

IMHO, he speaks well but is no Cicero. His strength is analytical thinking. By nature he bears an uncanny resemblance to a person I know who is an international chess master. AJ’s websites I looked at diligently list the cases he won, but nothing personal. If anyone finds more human CV listing chess as a hobby, please let me know. He can hyperfocus and cut off the noise, this is what I have noticed. Absolutely opposite to a person I’d have a crush on, but his logical thinking is admirable.

I enjoy this defense team. His voice is loud most likely because the judge keeps telling EVERYONE to speak up or the ac will be turned off. He has even mentioned this (speaking loudly because fan and ac).

I have to give him extra credit for not completely losing his @#$& up there with those witnesses. Many of them are blatantly lying and it’s obvious.

I enjoy this defense team. His voice is loud most likely because the judge keeps telling EVERYONE to speak up or the ac will be turned off. He has even mentioned this (speaking loudly because fan and ac).

I have to give him extra credit for not completely losing his @#$& up there with those witnesses. Many of them are blatantly lying and it’s obvious.
I don't know how he keeps composed and focused AT ALL. True solid skills with the ones obviously lying to his FACE and NO qualms about it. Mocking. I def am impressed by this defense team, not that it's HARD with Lally, but on their own the are tops anyway.

I don't know how he keeps composed and focused AT ALL. True solid skills with the ones obviously lying to his FACE and NO qualms about it. Mocking. I def am impressed by this defense team, not that it's HARD with Lally, but on their own the are tops anyway.

I have to confess I was a little concerned about Jackson coming off as overbearing.

But then again, I had no idea that Jen McCabe wouldn't come off a normal soccer mom just trying to tell the truth.

This case and these witnesses both need and deserve the likes of Alan Jackson.

No, the 53 calls were just from KR to JO between 12:33 and 6:03am

I have a late model SUV with this capability of automatic braking, BUT it is not activated. On my vehicle, which is a 2023, one can program this option to either 1. stop when encountering an obstacle, 2. send a sound signal warning, or 3. do nothing at all. So, maybe she did not have this option activated OR she overrode it. MOO

My SUV has this too (rear only) but I have never deactivated it and had to look up how. I assume hers was deactivated.

this is what I have trouble with .. he does seem to lose his @#$& .. I've only watched bits and pieces of the trial and every time I see it, he seems to come across as rude. I'm just saying for me personally, it's very off-putting. I'm glad I'm not on the jury or even worse, sitting in that witness box .. or there would be two of us loosing our @#$& :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen