Identified! MA - Provincetown, Race Point, 'Lady in the Dunes' WhtFem 27-49, UP11840, Jul'74 - Ruth Marie Terry

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been looking, too. I've found a "maybe" marriage certificate but really can't find anything else that is close.
I just stumbled onto this site after Goggle-ing my uncle Det. Lt. Frank Joyce of the MA State Police, his case. It was one of two big regrets in his life, this and the Joan Reich case I believe, was the other.

He was a good man who served on the USS Intrepid in WWII, a stores master, thus the meticulous details he kept. I noticed this in his diary from his time on board the Intrepid, which I donated a copy to the Intrepid museum in NYC harbor. Not sure they digitized it or not.'

Yes! What a good news this early morning (CET, missed it yesterday) Wonderful job done, again by Othram. I'd love to learn more about Ms. Terry. Maybe they can find out who did this to her.

Rest easy now. Condolences to her loved ones.

It’s tough to figure out who has DNA and where sometimes. Even in NamUs a lot of missings don’t have dna on file but it’s available for comparison to a family member if they have a something to compare it to. If that makes sense.. and please feel free to correct me because i would like to know more
I think it also comes down to legal issues and the right to privacy...it depends on where they obtain DNA for reference. Depending on the company and what the consumer signs as rights to privacy limits (or doesn't limit) use to LE agencies.

I just stumbled onto this site after Goggle-ing my uncle Det. Lt. Frank Joyce of the MA State Police, his case. It was one of two big regrets in his life, this and the Joan Reich case I believe, was the other.

He was a good man who served on the USS Intrepid in WWII, a stores master, thus the meticulous details he kept. I noticed this in his diary from his time on board the Intrepid, which I donated a copy to the Intrepid museum in NYC harbor. Not sure they digitized it or not.'
Welcome to WS, and thank you for adding insight.

"At this point in time, we can tell you she was born in Tennessee in 1936," Bonavolonta said. "Ruth was a daughter, sister, aunt, wife, and mother. Investigators have also determined that in addition to Tennessee, she had ties to California, Massachusetts, and Michigan."
1667309363515.png

Massachusetts State Police just posted an update on Facebook: Log in or sign up to view
Hmmm. Age (and name - Guy Rockwell Muldavin) matches this individual they are seeking information on. His previous wife and daughter were found mutilated and deceased n their Seattle home in 1960 for which he was being sought. This article lists him aged 37 at the time (1960) of their deaths giving him a birthdate in 1923 which synchs up with the DOB (1923) given for him in the State Police Bulletin linked in your post.

Madera Tribune, Volume 69, Number 140, 1 December 1960​

Article on Page 2:, "Once Wealthy Antique Dealer Sought in Disappearance of Wife" ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 2 2022

rbbm.
''On Wednesday, the Massachusetts State Police, Cape & Islands District Attorney's Office and Provincetown Police Department identified the man as Guy Rockwell Muldavin, who was born Oct. 27, 1923.''

''Muldavin is dead and was also known to use the names of Raoul Guy Rockwell and Guy Muldavin Rockwell.

This update from authorities comes two days after the FBI identified the murder victim as 37-year-old Ruth Marie Terry, of Tennessee. Authorities added on Wednesday that Terry was also known to use the names of Teri Marie Vizina, Terry M. Vizina and Teri Shannon.''

''Authorities revealed that they believe Terry and Muldavin were married in February 1974''

Police said Muldavin was a while [sic] male also known as Raoul Guy Rockwell or Guy Muldavin Rockwell. They also released additional names Terry was known by, including Teri Marie Vizina, Terry M. Vizina and Teri Shannon.

Muldavin and Terry were married in February 1974, according to police.

Those with information about Muldavin and Terry, including their whereabouts in 1973 and 1974, are encouraged to contact police at 1-800-KAPTURE.

ETA: Sorry @dotr :D … great minds! ;)

I found some interesting AP publications on a man with the same name on Ancestry. I prefer to use only initials when we’re unsure if it’s the same person, but I believe it is!

550C940F-CD7C-4B3E-8075-51886E5A3482.jpeg7B9C8300-58DD-4871-9FA7-A454C2D2A61E.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back