TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [Unknown] Liz’s parents are notified by her alarm company that the alarm has been triggered and they cannot reach Liz. We left immediately for her home.
  • Early Morning [07:38:31 AM*] Sergio Barraza arrives back at the house and is detained by Law Enforcement for questioning.
Timeline above is not listed in chronological order as noted on Liz's parents' website:

KHOU 11 exclusive: Elizabeth Barraza's husband speaks to Grace White about wife's 2019 death​

January 26, 2023

Timestamp 8:34
The first person I called was my dad. And because he was, I guess just answered and I just want.
I was like, dad, something happened to Liz, something, something happened. There's gunshots and he's like calm down,relax. We don't know what happened. Just get there and we'll be there soon because he was going to go, I guess, get the guys ready and then he was going to. He eventually came back over to the house with us.

And it I was, I'm sure I was driving like a maniac, trying to get to the house, you know? Finally made it there and. Like I said, there was police tape everywhere.

Um, during the drive there I had asked the police what's going on, like I threw my ring doorbell. I had asked them, hey, what's going on because I saw police officers walking by and they said to just come to the house. I asked them about Liz, asked him if she's OK and they were like, Sir, we just need you to come to the house.

KHOU 11 exclusive: Parents of Elizabeth Barraza talk about their daughter's death and investigation​

January 23, 2023

Timestamp 44:00
Liz’s parents were contacted by the alarm company- they were awoken by the call
They tried calling Liz and she didn’t pick up. They went to her house. SB called them and said he could see police tape but didn’t know if it was for his house or the neighbor’s house.

If he heard gunshots over the doorbell camera within minutes of pulling out of the driveway, I still do not understand how it took him so long to get back and how he had the time to make calls, talk to police on the doorbell camera, etc. And did he even try to call Liz on his way back?

If he heard gunshots over the doorbell camera within minutes of pulling out of the driveway, I still do not understand how it took him so long to get back and how he had the time to make calls, talk to police on the doorbell camera, etc. And did he even try to call Liz on his way back?
I am not sure he was watching the Ring doorbell if he was driving.

If he was watching the Ring doorbell while he was driving, that could be an entirely different discussion of paranoia and/or controlling behavior.

If I was reading it correctly, Sergio looked through the Ring doorbell to see what was happening after he got a call that something had happened to Liz.

Elizabeth had a decent life insurance policy (confirmed). Sergio remarried shortly after (confirmed). He also has a new house (confirmed).

I understand the remarrying thing could be cultural. In my culture, even though a lot of marriages are arranged and you can't call them "love" marriages, any husband would be hesitant to remarry so soon after even a divorce. Much less a murder of a spouse. JMO.
Statistically, though, SB is in the majority group.

Also, it seems that widowed women have a larger support network than men. Loneliness is a hard thing for guys. Men who had a good bond with a previous wife, tend to express interest in remarrying sooner.

In this case, we have two proverbial elephants in the room. That life insurance and the short time before S. leaving and the car moving to LB's house.

About the insurance: just to ask, would the absence of it sway people's opinion about SB's possible involvement? Just remove it - does he, his personality, his behavior point at the murderer?

About the time. It looks like a smoking gun, indeed. 3 minutes 40 seconds between SB's departure and the black Nissan moving back into the area. Looks darn suspicious. On the other hand, if someone hated Liz enough to kill her, but also hated SB, it was a great way to punish both. Think of how this suspicion is going to pester SB, all his life, his family and even kids. If someone wanted to set SB up, there was no better way than create such a short time lapse.

Statistically, it is 45/55 chance that SB is involved. Nothing points directly at him. Remarrying soon, statistically, puts him into the majority group.

It is possible that SB is involved, but the crime has been planned too well to prove it. Equally likely, SB is innocent, but LB's one is a perfectly planned murder. The person has to be close enough to both SB and LB to know their plans, to be aware of the yard sale, and to know about the insurance. And probably, the person would have been suspected, because of proximity to the family, but everything has been artfully diverted towards framing SB. The person either hates SB or they don't care much about him. And somehow, they do benefit from LB's death.

I honestly think that it is situation nr. 2. But I think the police is stuck because 45/55 ratio is too close.

Theoretically, they have to split into two groups. One, deal with SB, his new marriage, his insurance, his family, and maybe, prior relationships.

Another one, with the complex situation minus SB. Liz's family and prior relationships, friends, job, that 501 legion. Maybe something will pop out. The way it is, two potential scenarios obscure one another.

I am slightly leaning towards it being not SB, specifically because of this tiny time-lapse. JMO.

"get the guys ready and then he was going to. He eventually came back over to the house with us."

"get the guys ready"? Anyone know what was he talking about here? Also, "came back over to the house with us" wouldn't that mean SB was with someone else when he was driving back home?

Statistically, though, SB is in the majority group.

Also, it seems that widowed women have a larger support network than men. Loneliness is a hard thing for guys. Men who had a good bond with a previous wife, tend to express interest in remarrying sooner.

In this case, we have two proverbial elephants in the room. That life insurance and the short time before S. leaving and the car moving to LB's house.

About the insurance: just to ask, would the absence of it sway people's opinion about SB's possible involvement? Just remove it - does he, his personality, his behavior point at the murderer?

About the time. It looks like a smoking gun, indeed. 3 minutes 40 seconds between SB's departure and the black Nissan moving back into the area. Looks darn suspicious. On the other hand, if someone hated Liz enough to kill her, but also hated SB, it was a great way to punish both. Think of how this suspicion is going to pester SB, all his life, his family and even kids. If someone wanted to set SB up, there was no better way than create such a short time lapse.

Statistically, it is 45/55 chance that SB is involved. Nothing points directly at him. Remarrying soon, statistically, puts him into the majority group.

It is possible that SB is involved, but the crime has been planned too well to prove it. Equally likely, SB is innocent, but LB's one is a perfectly planned murder. The person has to be close enough to both SB and LB to know their plans, to be aware of the yard sale, and to know about the insurance. And probably, the person would have been suspected, because of proximity to the family, but everything has been artfully diverted towards framing SB. The person either hates SB or they don't care much about him. And somehow, they do benefit from LB's death.

I honestly think that it is situation nr. 2. But I think the police is stuck because 45/55 ratio is too close.

Theoretically, they have to split into two groups. One, deal with SB, his new marriage, his insurance, his family, and maybe, prior relationships.

Another one, with the complex situation minus SB. Liz's family and prior relationships, friends, job, that 501 legion. Maybe something will pop out. The way it is, two potential scenarios obscure one another.

I am slightly leaning towards it being not SB, specifically because of this tiny time-lapse. JMO.
Sergio and Liz also did not have any children, and SB was mighty young when Liz was killed.

Its my understanding that SB now has a new wife and child, and if there was ever a time to push for payout, having a baby would be it. The point has been made before that SB cannot push for payout due to an ongoing investigation, but that has not stopped many (usually female) spouse murderers from openly discussing life insurance payouts before the murder and asking for the money the same day their spouse is killed.

As for SB not remarrying, I tend to compare SB with Brandon Bevers. I don't know Brandon's status now, but Brandon was older and had teen girls. Getting remarrying quickly in his case would raise some major eyebrows and not sit well with many people.

I fully believe whoever shot Liz (SB involved or not) was monitoring her through her Ring doorbell and/or monitoring if Sergio's device was still connected to the network. I think that is how the shooter was able to know when to leave. This strongly indicates someone LB and SB knew very well was involved or given the information to log into the Ring doorbell or their network to monitor connectivity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back