MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if it's against the rules to post something that was read on twitter? At any rate, there should be news report updates soon re: "...the joint meeting with the #Blackstone Board of Health and Board of Selectmen to discuss the fate of 23 St. Paul Street."

(p.s. the owner of the home was a 'no show' at the 7:00pm Board of Health meeting despite requests for her to be in attendance).

To back up the Twitter info, I found this:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ound-dead/W6DiRep6zEXoVfQJmCnN9I/picture.html

I have to say in regards to the neighbor....I am only sticking with the basic parts of her recounting. I don't know if she keeps changing things up, the publication (whichever one it may be at the time) is taking artistic license and embellishing, or if it's the faulty witness recall thing. I hate having to cherry pick my way through stories, but no matter what I am still overwhelmingly grateful this neighbor DID something to end the hell they kids were living through at that house!!

MassLIVE did a live blog of the BOH meeting this evening -- on link below is the play-by-play from the meeting.

BLACKSTONE — Residents of Blackstone could find out at a meeting tonight how the Board of Health intends to proceed with the property at 23 St. Paul St.

The health board and the Board of Selectmen are holding a joint meeting at 7 p.m. at the Blackstone Municipal Center to discuss what was discovered inside the Cape Cod-style house near the town’s center and what actions were taken since then

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces...ckstone_selectmen_to_receov.html#incart_river

It is scarey to think of what EM had planned for the 2 babies future. Did she hope for death naturally? What would she do to hide their bodies? If they lived, how would she explain that? Oh my my mind keeps thinking of more babies EM & RR could conceive from age 31-menopause! 7 babies from age 18-31?? (13 years)

Saucy,

My fault for the confusion on the information from interview with the neighbor - that story (see post #478) was published on Sept 13, 2014. This is just more of the interview that wasn't repeated in multiple MSM stories. I posted it today as I had not seen it previously. I only stumbled upon this article when I was looking for specific searches for "interview with the neighbor & maggots" prior to Sept. 15th as keywords. I honestly don't know how many news outlets interviewed the woman, I do remember video from "wbz" where she was speaking (I think there were a couple of them) but IIRC they were replayed by another news media (ie: CNN, Fox, etc).

This interview in the article is probably the most of the entire interview that I saw. Many of the quotes were exact so I believe they were consistent with other published stories that appear to contain only "bits and pieces" of this one. There is always a chance of every media outlet taking artistic license with many of the stories but it did have quotes from the neighbor and I didn't see any retraction after the story ran. My thoughts in reading it were that this article the original source of the interview with the neighbor, and I think the video from wbz happened to be there at the time or asked the same questions and got the same replies - based upon what I remember.

Hopefully that helps to clear up the confusion. There haven't been news releases in days on this case so I have been delving back into the intitial stories that were released to answer my own questions and back up my theories about the 3 year old.

Blackstone Selectmen voted on 9/23 to demolish the home.

"Despite the cleanup, which took about 90 hours and cost about $20,750, the house is still not fit for human habitation, according to William T. Walsh, chairman of the health board.

"Conditions are just deplorable. there is no way in my mind that someone could live there," Walsh said.

The Board of Health will send Kristina Rivera an order on Wednesday giving her seven days to begin the process of demolishing the house. If she does not comply with the order, the board will fine her $500 a day until the house is removed."

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/09/blackstone_homeowner_ordered_t.html

(sorry didn't see this previously posted)

the Town of Blackstone is trying to recover after the news of this tragedy.
"I am afraid this is what Blackstone is going to be known for — the ... lady with dead babies in her closet," said Nicky Perry, a mom of two young children and town resident for the past seven years."

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140921/NEWS/309219912/0/SEARCH

I guess that's one way to look at it. Odd. My first thought would only be about the poor dead (and living) babies. The last thing I would be thinking about is "how the town would be remembered"... but that's just me.

I realize they rented from family, but didn't landlord ever check on her investment?
We do a walk through once a year on our rental. We look for leaks, structure problems and yes we had a woman that was suppose to be just her and her son, no pets.............we discovered 2 more people and 3 dogs..............it happens.......all property owners should check! So I do not feel bad that the fine is $500 a day and the house must be destroyed...............

I realize they rented from family, but didn't landlord ever check on her investment?
We do a walk through once a year on our rental. We look for leaks, structure problems and yes we had a woman that was suppose to be just her and her son, no pets.............we discovered 2 more people and 3 dogs..............it happens.......all property owners should check! So I do not feel bad that the fine is $500 a day and the house must be destroyed...............

She wasn't very invested. Property records show that it was given to her. Also, I'd venture to guess maybe it was also given with the understanding that it isn't solely hers, but also belonging to her siblings, even though it is in her name. I could see families doing this if one child can't have property because they owe money to someone or can't have assets for any other reason.

Here is another news story about the Town Hall meeting last night.

“This [house] is a black hole in Blackstone,” Health Board chairman William T. Walsh told reporters after the public session, which a handful of neighbors attended. “And upon my inspection with the building inspector, the stench was so bad, and the conditions in there, even after it’s been cleaned, are horrendous."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-found-dead/W6DiRep6zEXoVfQJmCnN9I/story.html

There was an interesting article in the Globe about updating the statute that underlies one of her charges - concealing an out-of-wedlock infant's body. Supposedly, it's a holdover from English common law, because it happened enough that they wanted to punish the women without having to prove murder or subject them to execution. But because it's been around since the 1600s, the max punishment is $100 or a year in jail. It has an interesting discussion about the history of these things. I can't get the Globe site to work right now. Of course the Globe remarks that they are not sure why it only applied to out-of-wedlock children. I don't think that's a hard one to figure out.

I haven't been able to bring myself to read this thread since about page 2.. Cases like this are about the only thing in this world that break me down, I am in tears of rage and horror at every word -- many thanks to those people who've been able to follow along and sleuth, so I can read snippets without a meltdown.

Anyway, it's my firm opinion that people who neglect a child to death, or even close to death (and I am dead serious about this) need to be sterilised before they're released from prison. How many of them get out in five years or under thanks to crappy child protection laws, and can go about freely producing yet more kids to murder? Have 'em spayed, I say, and prevent the unthinkable suffering.

Hugs to everyone. I sure need one.

I hear you Ausgirl. And do not disagree. People who are so indifferent or caught up in their own drama trauma that they will neglect children to this level should never ever be allowed to create another that they could do the same with. I wish we could pass laws about this. I know it can never be, due to individual rights blah blah blah, but I hear you and wish it could be so.

I haven't been able to bring myself to read this thread since about page 2.. Cases like this are about the only thing in this world that break me down, I am in tears of rage and horror at every word -- many thanks to those people who've been able to follow along and sleuth, so I can read snippets without a meltdown.

Anyway, it's my firm opinion that people who neglect a child to death, or even close to death (and I am dead serious about this) need to be sterilised before they're released from prison. How many of them get out in five years or under thanks to crappy child protection laws, and can go about freely producing yet more kids to murder? Have 'em spayed, I say, and prevent the unthinkable suffering.

Hugs to everyone. I sure need one.

Colleagues and I used to joke about "drive-by Norplant shootings" . . . .

Those Elmo balloons just broke my heart. My babies would LOVE to play with Elmo balloons. Can you imagine how much those balloons could have lit up EM's babies faces? I had to walk away from this thread for a few days. I might need to do it again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535
Back