MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Tues Oct 7 it will be 6 weeks since they found these children in the "Blackhole of Blackstone". I've had it in the back of my mind that it would take about 6 weeks for the toxicology (if any could still be done) report on the remains of the deceased infants - and the ME could make a report of the findings. Court will be week after next (if there is no continuance) and we have not heard another peep about the status of any of the kids who survived living in this home. Can media obtain court documents? Can we know if LEO is pursuing further charges on anyone? Where is that ME report? How are the little ones doing? Is EM still being held in the psych unit of the prison or can she be safely returned to the local jail? If she is still there, is it because she is still a danger to herself (or is it the only place to keep her safe from others)?

It isn't long until both EM and RR have to be in court. It's set for Oct. 14th, although I have my doubts anything will happen on that date other than a delay/continuance if EM maintains her not guilty plea. I'm sure they will set over for trial. I'm not sure, however, they'll have all the test results back from various labs and doctors. I'm sure they tested some of the contents in the home and crime labs are notorious for being delayed, especially if the case isn't considered "high profile". I recall reading or seeing a fairly current documentary that said the toxicology and other crime lab analysis could take up to 3 months in some cases. Of course, the court will want all relative evidence, test, assessment results to be available so I would imagine he/she would allow a continuance IF that turns out to be the case here. I'm not familiar with all the legal aspects though so maybe someone better versed in criminal law could provide some insight into how these type of cases typically work. I'm sure there is an overwhelming amount of information to compile. We're talking about a family with 9 occupants living and deceased which doesn't include the animal remains. So I'd imagine they'd want to be extremely careful about rushing things. They have the lives of 4 children, 2 potentially with special needs to consider. Has there been any information on additional charges against RR? I can't fathom why he hasn't been charged other than maybe trying to reduce the trauma to the older children (i.e., allowing at least one familiar parent). All of this is JMO and thoughts in regards to what may be coming down the line and why, FWIW.

On another note, I found this photo/article. The article doesn't provide any new insight since it's dated Sept. 15th, but it does provide a photo I've never seen before. I am going to assume it is from inside the home. I am providing the link to the Fox story (photo) and a related link to a CNN story from the source. I was trying to verify the photo but I can't pull the EXIF data from the photo and I can't find the original photo published on KTVK. Is there someone more tech savvy/sleuthy than I am who could try to run down the source of the photo??...I just don't want to provide a photo that isn't related to this particular case. IF this is in fact a photo from the inside...Holy moly! :gaah:

http://www.kadn.com/news/lawyer-secret-children-living-and-dead-hidden-squalor-years

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/13/justice/massachusetts-dead-infants/

I am unable to get the CNN video to play, so I'm not sure if they reference the squalor photo that the kadn link provides.

For anyone that has looked at the photo more closely (referenced in my prior post), what do you see? I can make out several medication bottles/packaging, diapers(?), Drano (wth?), cat box, trash bag box, laundry detergent box, white & orange kitty litter container(?), black trash bag, and possibly a safety plug in the bottom outlet..Those are the things I can identify fairly clearly.

All the medication bottles/packaging made me wonder....What if EM was giving the little ones upstairs medicine to knock them out? *shudder* Would that explain how she could keep them quiet during times she felt it was needed? I think toxicology and her online activity is going to be key in the investigation/trial. I know we're all just running in circles here due to lack of info, but...would it be out of the realm of possibility she accidentally overdosed the other 3? Learned from it, honed it, and that is why the two children were found alive upstairs?

I did a search on google for that image (one attached to the kadn piece which sources the cnn piece) and found this story out of AZ about an animal hoarder. It is one of many disgusting images from the cat hoarder's home. That story is linked below. So I suspect that lacking photos of interior of the Blackstone home pre-cleanout, the news site pulled an image from another hoarder type home.

http://www.kpho.com/story/26216959/az-cat-rescue-volunteer-jailed-on-animal-abuse-charges

I was able to view the video but it didn't reference the photo posted. It certainly looks like it could be from inside the 'house of squalor'...piles of trash, litter, diapers?, and are those brown things pill bottles?!? Wonder who they belonged to....

the image is not from the Blackstone home. It is from Maricopa County AZ animal hoarding case and the first I can see the image online is Aug 15th regarding that case, not this one.

Shoddy and deceptive reporting MOO. If the news org had no images to show of the interior pre cleanup they should have indicated beneath the photo they opted to show that it was a photo of a similar home with filth and not let it sit there suggesting by omission that it was the Blackstone home. JMO

I was able to view the video but it didn't reference the photo posted. It certainly looks like it could be from inside the 'house of squalor'...piles of trash, litter, diapers?, and are those brown things pill bottles?!? Wonder who they belonged to....

Sorry, too slow in response and just read that it wasn't actually a picture inside the Blackstone home. Just wish we could have an update on the case. <impatient>

I wish we would read something indicating why LE has not charged the father. I am stymied as to why he is not also being held responsible for the disgusting state of the home and the horrific neglect of all the children, living and dead.

Thank you, tlcya and sapofamily! I figured the news station may have just thrown that pic in from another story. I hate when they do that! I apologize for any misdirection.

However, if nothing else it added a possibility of why/how the infants may have died. Since EM's defense atty is so sure that there will be no signs of harm/injury (paraphrasing from news reports). Maybe she did do something like give them medicine to keep them sedated. There are plenty of OTC meds to knock people out. I'll bet they're waiting for the ME/coroner reports before deciding whether or not to change her plea (assuming they can). IF the report shows clear signs of abuse/neglect, I wonder if she'll accept a deal instead of going through a trial?

OT: Those poor animals that lived with the animal hoarder. I'm not even a cat person but I do value all innocent life. So sad. :(

I agree saucy :) it is as good a possilbility as any that the dead infants died due to some toxin or overdose of medication.

possibles that are all equally open as far as I can tell

born alive and died from smothering (or other act of murder) shortly after birth
stillbirth due to lack of proper prenatal care etc
stillbirth due to natural or congenital causes
born alive and died from gross neglect/starvation, failure to provide food
Born alive and died due to some act of over medicating in order to keep them quieted and secret from other household occupants.

Thank you all for doing the research on the photo posted! You all are Rock Stars! I have only seen the photos from the basement and one image taken through the window into the kitchen.

I imagine the State can bring charges against her on what they have right now and add more later. I know in other cases they have waited to press any charges in an effort to protect their case, in certain situations. I wonder if they will bring more charges against the Dad. It's not like they could go into the 2nd story room to "dust" it for the Father's prints to prove he knew of the babies being kept in such horrid conditions.

As far as I know, the only photos published from the interior of the home before the cleanup and detox were those of the basement and I suspect those were taken as evidence of the pot charges against the father in the household. I am pretty darn sure that many photos and possibly video exists of the mess in the main part of the home and particularly the filthiest room which reportedly housed the remains, human and animal. My own thought is that those photos will not become public unless and until trial depending on the public information laws in this state.

Speaking of the photos published from the basement....just looked at them again & wonder if anyone else finds it strange that RR had what appears to be a bulb syringe for a baby's nose on the coffee table? (bottom right photo).

091415blackstoneproperty002.jpg

I sure wouldn't want kids in this space - especially little ones. There are quite a few items in the pics posted above and the only item I see child/infant related is the pink blue bulb syringe - but IIRC we also saw one of those lip glosses that come in a round ball on a previous picture of the basement - could it be one of those? Here is all I can make out from the pics posted above:

Bottom right: Generic Nyquil; candy jar with substance (weed?); ashtray with pink bulb syringe, exacto knife, I think that is an electronic cigarette or possibly a pen, black container; silver top container, coaster with poker chips; needle nose pliers or wire cutters; bottle of cleaner (409 or Windex?) papers underneath. Looks like a blue lighter @ bottom of pic near candy jar.

Bottom Left: 2 baggies of what appears to be pot. Notice the one on the left is much lighter in color - this might just be dead leaves from the plant he was growing. The black silky pouch looks like one that comes with an ipad for cables & plugs; tv remote; ash try(?); and a magazine or other printed material. I wonder if that says his last name?

Upper Left: 2 bycycles, 2 (?) AC units; computer box; lawnmower; potted pot plant; package of "B" (is that dogfood?); insulation on the floor (?); cups and assorted debris.

Upper right: Same items listed previously - Are there 2 places that people sit in this space? Looks like coasters are set in front of each couch or love seat to me.

I sure wouldn't want kids in this space - especially little ones. There are quite a few items in the pics posted above and the only item I see child/infant related is the pink blue bulb syringe - but IIRC we also saw one of those lip glosses that come in a round ball on a previous picture of the basement - could it be one of those?

Good eye! I bet you are right...it definitely could be an EOS lip balm turned upside down. Makes more sense than having a baby bulb/syringe since his youngest acknowledged child is 10.

Bottom Left: 2 baggies of what appears to be pot. Notice the one on the left is much lighter in color - this might just be dead leaves from the plant he was growing. The black silky pouch looks like one that comes with an ipad for cables & plugs; tv remote; ash try(?); and a magazine or other printed material. I wonder if that says his last name?

Funny. I also wondered if the magazine said his last name; however, in another screenshot of the coffee table, it shows a "Car & Driver" magazine:

magazine.jpg

Upper right: Same items listed previously - Are there 2 places that people sit in this space? Looks like coasters are set in front of each couch or love seat to me.

Maybe it's where RR & his friends played poker? *shrug*

maybe that is where conjugal visits were taking place? Sorry, hard not to be sarcastic when reminded of the ridiculous (IMO) claims that this man was unaware of the filth his children lived in above him, the babies on the second floor or the dead infants or any of the FOUR pregnancies that brought them to this world.

Here is an old video of a quick peak into the kitchen through the window after the cleanup:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...here-Infant-Remains-Were-Found-275377001.html

**note - isn't that a glass top black stove? IIRC the "grown up grilled cheese" picture she posted on FB was being cooked on a black gas stove top. I can't seem to find that picture again but it seems strange to me. Wonder if she pulled that picture from internet to post on her FB. I also can't see a fridge in this kitchen. Did they remove the fridge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back