MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is an old video of a quick peak into the kitchen through the window after the cleanup:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...here-Infant-Remains-Were-Found-275377001.html

**note - isn't that a glass top black stove? IIRC the "grown up grilled cheese" picture she posted on FB was being cooked on a black gas stove top. I can't seem to find that picture again but it seems strange to me. Wonder if she pulled that picture from internet to post on her FB. I also can't see a fridge in this kitchen. Did they remove the fridge?

It's hard to say where she got the picture of the 'grown up grilled cheese' or the spanish rice(?), but it's hard to imagine that anyone could eat in the home with all of that filth. :( As for a fridge, I think it's in the video (blurry) but definitely in the picture taken through the window (to the right of the photo). It also appears to be black:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ow-of-erika-murrays-home-news-photo/455583828

It's hard to say where she got the picture of the 'grown up grilled cheese' or the spanish rice(?), but it's hard to imagine that anyone could eat in the home with all of that filth. :( As for a fridge, I think it's in the video (blurry) but definitely in the picture taken through the window (to the right of the photo). It also appears to be black:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ow-of-erika-murrays-home-news-photo/455583828

Thanks! I was able see the fridge to the right @ end of counter - even identified the black handles. This must be the view from the back door upstairs I think - looking across into the living room area.

One of the videos I watched about the children in orphanages in China (linked here in much earlier post) discussed how the 1 child policy in China has created all of the abandoned female babies who are "warehoused" for lack of a better word. The Chinese refer to these little girls as "A maggot in the rice". :(

According to New England Cable News (NECN):

"Board of Health votes unanimously to demo 23 St Paul St home on October 21st at 9am."

Also reported by NECN, "So far $31,367 allocated to clean, de-bug, check asbestos & demo #Blackstone squalor house - doesn't include police/fire OT".

"Board of Health approves Factory Recycling of Millville to demo #Blackstone squalor house at cost of $8,500."

According to New England Cable News (NECN):

"Board of Health votes unanimously to demo 23 St Paul St home on October 21st at 9am."

Also reported by NECN, "So far $31,367 allocated to clean, de-bug, check asbestos & demo #Blackstone squalor house - doesn't include police/fire OT".

"Board of Health approves Factory Recycling of Millville to demo #Blackstone squalor house at cost of $8,500."

Here's the link for the story Sapo referenced:

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Date-Set-for-Demolition-of-House-of-Squalor-278449501.html

This video from Sept. 17 state LEO had entered this home in 2007 to remove an intoxicated female and had been back (but did not enter the home) with animal control for a 2011 complaint regarding a dog. A description of things removed from the home (ie: dresses, mattresses, diapers, bio-hazard) and stated the only things remaining in the home were the appliances.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...-2007-Blackstone-Massachusetts-275412741.html

I wonder if the family had a washer & dryer in the home or if EM went to a laundrymat? Just wondering why the children's clothing didn't smell (or at least we have not heard complaints) at school. Would she have kept the children's clean clothing protected from the stench? Was she able to keep the "hoarding" upstairs on the 2nd floor and the vermin & insects had invaded the entire house? Did the stench get worse after opening up the home during clean up?

Still waiting for news . . . . .

Only 2 more days until court and hopefully there will be answers to some of our questions -- maybe we'll get more details about the ME findings on the 3 infants...possibly charges against RR? It may be too much to ask to have updates on the 4 surviving children. I have to wonder the same things as wenwe4 -- how did ER manage to hide this from so many people?!? If the home was as bad as they report, everyone and everything that was in the home had to carry a stench. Did she ever interact/feed/clothe/diaper the little ones? Such a disturbing story...hard to believe it's been a month since exposure to the public.

For what it's worth, EM was moved from Framingham State Prison to Chicopee.

Their new home is the Western Massachusetts Regional Women's Correctional Center in Chicopee, which recently underwent a major expansion. A total of 48 such inmates were transferred to the Chicopee facility from MCI-Framingham, the only state prison for women in Massachusetts, during the last week of September, according to Darren Duarte, a DOC spokesman.

The long-anticipated transfers coincided with the opening of a new 64-cell housing unit at the regional women's detention center in Chicopee, which is run by Hampden County Sheriff Michael J. Ashe Jr., Mr. Duarte said.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20141012/NEWS/310129888/1116/newsrewind&Template=printart

I did see that one, sapo. I received an alert of a new news story and was hoping it was something of import. Only thing I gleaned from that was EM was moved to a newer (probably nicer) facility. How nice for her.

Not that it makes much of a difference, but EM did post on her FB page that she received new appliances in Feb. 2011. I'm not sure when the "grilled cheese" photo was posted but the rice one was posted Aug. of this year....about 2 or 3 wks before the kids were removed from the house. I have a feeling we won't get much info about anything for a long time. I am probably going to just check back here periodically because all the "what if's" are making me loco! I feel like I think myself in circles most of the time...:thinking: :gaah: It is the craziest thing that NO ONE, not family, family friends, etc. are saying anything on social media, news, or anywhere public that I can find. Granted, I'm no Sherlock Holmes. lol This case is so tragic. The one thing that brightens this entire mess is that 4 children were saved and have a possibility of not just surviving, but hopefully thriving. My fingers are crossed that they don't seal everything, ask for a continuance, etc. etc. and the public does get some further insight into what and how this all happened.

It seems the entire Blackstone community wants to erase it all. I can't say that I blame them in some ways. However, I think this whole thing (from RR's arrest to hazmat clean-up) opens a bevy of pathways for the nation to gain a greater awareness of the signs of abuse, neglect, mental health issues, substance abuse issues, community involvement and awareness..I mean, the list is endless here of the things that can be learned. I'm looking more at how can we teach our children to be advocates for themselves or their siblings...Heck even for their parents, if there is a domestic abuse situation. I don't know, here I go thinking myself in circles again...lol

Wondering if anyone knows what time court is tomorrow and if local news will be covering? I am truly expecting some sort of continuance but I also think that there will be some sort of court hearing regarding the evidence to support the charges they have brought against her. I don't know how long the criminal process can go for the allegations against the children who lived. I imagine there are longer timelines for the ones that were deceased - just to gather more evidence. Any Atty who can chime in?

With regard to the Child Protection laws, EM also retains her parental rights unless and until charges are brought against her and she is found guilty. Not sure what MA laws are but where I live the State (CPS) would have to prove EM presents a clear and present danger for the children to be returned to her care - (I think that could be done just by pictures of the home, reports from LEO & med reports on 2 youngest). The State may have already started termination proceedings on the youngest two but may allow her rights to her older children.

This case if far from normal, but in normal circumstances EM has 1 year to get her act together from the date her children were placed with foster or kinship care (ie: end of August 2014). If RR is not currently parenting his children - he also has one year before the State will pursue termination of parental rights or a longterm guardianship.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

More news is coming out in bits and pieces:

"The case is still under investigation. The Worcester County District Attorney's office is waiting for the results of the autopsies on the remains of the three babies".

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/10/erika_murray_raymond_rivera_to.html

This article has answers to many of the questions we have posed here:

"Erika didn’t shed a tear or plead with authorities not to take away her 13-year-old daughter, 10-year-old son, 3-year-old daughter and 5-month-old baby girl. . . . Erika didn’t shed a tear or plead with authorities not to take away her 13-year-old daughter, 10-year-old son, 3-year-old daughter and 5-month-old baby girl . . . . The 2001 Northbridge High School graduate gave birth to her first child, a daughter, when she was 18. She and Rivera and their new baby lived with her parents . . . She kept in touch with some family members only on the phone. She had never gotten a driver’s license and became more and more isolated. . . .
Her family thought she was embarrassed by her unkempt home and they didn’t push it . . . . kept the girls hidden in the upstairs bedrooms. Her two oldest children eventually learned about the girls but were told by their mother that she was babysitting them. . . .
Murray has told authorities Rivera only learned about the two younger children’s existence this summer and was also told she was babysitting them. Rivera, 37, is believed to be the father of all seven. . . . .The second floor looked like a landfill and was “unbearable.” . . . Murray had arrived home with her 13-year-old daughter, who wore clean clothes and was on her cellphone. The teen told police: “That’s not my mother,” Walsh recalls. When Walsh asked Erika about her comments, she said, “Oh, I haven’t told her yet.” . . . .Erika’s two oldest children now live in another town. They go to school and live with a grandparent in a big beautiful house on a cul-de-sac with a basketball hoop and backyard pool — a far cry from the horrendous conditions in Blackstone. The younger children are in foster care."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...lam_house_of_horrors_hid_murray_s_secret_life

More news is coming out in bits and pieces:

"The case is still under investigation. The Worcester County District Attorney's office is waiting for the results of the autopsies on the remains of the three babies".

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/10/erika_murray_raymond_rivera_to.html

This article has answers to many of the questions we have posed here:

"Erika didn’t shed a tear or plead with authorities not to take away her 13-year-old daughter, 10-year-old son, 3-year-old daughter and 5-month-old baby girl. . . . Erika didn’t shed a tear or plead with authorities not to take away her 13-year-old daughter, 10-year-old son, 3-year-old daughter and 5-month-old baby girl . . . . The 2001 Northbridge High School graduate gave birth to her first child, a daughter, when she was 18. She and Rivera and their new baby lived with her parents . . . She kept in touch with some family members only on the phone. She had never gotten a driver’s license and became more and more isolated. . . .
Her family thought she was embarrassed by her unkempt home and they didn’t push it . . . . kept the girls hidden in the upstairs bedrooms. Her two oldest children eventually learned about the girls but were told by their mother that she was babysitting them. . . .
Murray has told authorities Rivera only learned about the two younger children’s existence this summer and was also told she was babysitting them. Rivera, 37, is believed to be the father of all seven. . . . .The second floor looked like a landfill and was “unbearable.” . . . Murray had arrived home with her 13-year-old daughter, who wore clean clothes and was on her cellphone. The teen told police: “That’s not my mother,” Walsh recalls. When Walsh asked Erika about her comments, she said, “Oh, I haven’t told her yet.” . . . .Erika’s two oldest children now live in another town. They go to school and live with a grandparent in a big beautiful house on a cul-de-sac with a basketball hoop and backyard pool — a far cry from the horrendous conditions in Blackstone. The younger children are in foster care."

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...lam_house_of_horrors_hid_murray_s_secret_life

BBM

Wait a minute.. What!

Her 13 year old didn't know that Erica was her Mother?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha . . . Mikkismom - I think we are both posting the links at the same time, but I would rather have them posted twice than missed. Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back