MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At least two of the three babies whose skeletal remains were found in a filthy Massachusetts home may have been alive "for some period of time" before they were found, prosecutors said in court on Tuesday.

Both bodies were found wearing diapers and one-piece infant outfits in closets in the vermin-infested Blackstone home, assistant district attorney John Bradley said at a pretrial hearing for Erika Murray in Uxbridge District Court.

snip

After interviewing the older children, police got a search warrant and went back to the house, where they found the skeletal remains of one baby with a full head of hair in a backpack in the closet of an upstairs bedroom.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/279108881.html

Family and friends of EM allege "Murray used to be a normal, friendly person who cared about her looks and the appearance of her home. Something happened to her – something akin to a mental break – after the birth of Erika Murray’s second child, they now say. Something must have snapped."
Read more at http://www./1539341/erika-murray-wo...e-of-horror-due-in-court/#GYHc6yz8FDpQ2E6x.99

Well, I think we can safely put that lie to rest... the one where the fetus's were born dead. Um... babies in utero are not "in diapers" and "onsies". I knew she was lying and the idea her friends are now pushing that she must have "snapped" is utter BS too, IMOO. She starved those babies to death. We will see... I am not buying it. This woman is evil, IMOO.

oh my god. i really hoped they were stillborn. poor poor little helpless babies :( i just cant imagine what must be going on in someones mind to do such things. may these babies fly happily with the angels now.

My computer is being so glitchy today . . . . just sitting and spinning . . . . Aaarrrggghhhh!

Interesting statements from EM's Atty today:
"The fact that an infant was clothed is not in and of itself proof that it was alive. You can easily conceive of someone suffering a stillbirth putting clothing on a child,” Halpern said. He also noted that one of the remains was discovered with an umbilical cord and placenta."

Statements from the treating physician has confirmed my worst fear:
"“The two had been profoundly neglected,” Bradley said a pediatrician concluded after examining the children. “They had never been taken outside of the house. The 3-year-old was not capable of walking, could not feed herself and was developmentally delayed to a huge extent.”

He added that the doctor concluded the 3-year-old had spent the majority of her young life on her back and did not use her arms. He noted the doctor found both to be “severely malnourished".

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/10/prosecutors_describe_finding_c.html

This is horrible.I don't understand why the father is not being charged as well.There is no way he didn't know anything IMO

Assistant District Attorney John Bradley described how the skeletal remains of one baby with a full head of hair were found in a bag inside a closet and how the skeletons of two other babies, clothed in diapers and onesies, were found inside the closets of the two older children living in the home.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2014/10/prosecutors_describe_finding_c.html

Just cannot get past the horror of this. How do you simply stuff your dead infant into the closet of another of your children and just move on with your day, your life?? Was she never worried that the living children would find the dead infants in their closets?

Simply mind boggling.

wonder if he was one of the card playing buddies RR had over to hang in the basement? I would think LE have a good handle on who the occupants of the home were at this point. Guy discussed on FB page (RUMOR) could simply have been one of the weekly card game players. Or possibly there to buy pot from RR

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erika-Murray/229103527277018
Interesting comments on this facebook,if true,a neighbor saw an older man living there?

I think the comment you noticed was posted a few weeks ago and the "older man" was later found out to be RR who lived in the basement.

I am truly sickened by the Physician's comments about the 3 y/o. This is the child that was violently rocking on the bed. Dr. states she cannot walk, cannot use her legs or her arms, never been taken outside of the home, and more likely than not - was never taken out of this room since RR didn't know the youngest 2 existed until this summer. This means the 3 y/o also could not feed herself, both of those babies were completely and totally dependent upon EM feeding them. It appears that she didn't feed them well, aside from the maggots - they were both severely malnourished.

OMG! I think a child raised by wolves would be better off than these 2 babies! The 5 mo old will most likely have significant delays but will probably have some semblance of a normal life. The 3 y/o is far, far worse off! For this alone - she should be punished with a life sentence (IMO), just like she gave to that little girl!

I'm reading some of the comments I sighted that were left on the news site I cited last (ha). OK - going a little nuts here but that is nothing new. :p

One person commented they thought EM might have been trying to mask the smell of the decaying bodies with the dirty diapers. I hadn't thought of that theory - I was just thinking she threw the dirty diapers in the closet or 3rd bedroom upstairs so they would not show up in the weekly trash where RR might see them.

That’s not my mother,” Walsh recalls. When Walsh asked Erika about her comments, she said, “Oh, I haven’t told her yet.” . . .
BBM
Wait a minute.. What!
Her 13 year old didn't know that Erica was her Mother?!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That has got to be a typo. She probably said "That is not my BROTHER." The mom from hell walked her two older children to the bus stop everyday and neighbors knew her as the mom, thus the kids did too. Plus those kids were out in public with mom & dad -- a birthday party earlier this year was mentioned - so the older kids know who their parents were. They didn't know who the younger kids were, however.

That has got to be a typo. She probably said "That is not my BROTHER." The mom from hell walked her two older children to the bus stop everyday and neighbors knew her as the mom, thus the kids did too. Plus those kids were out in public with mom & dad -- a birthday party earlier this year was mentioned - so the older kids know who their parents were. They didn't know who the younger kids were, however.

But the younger 2 (3 y/o & 5 m/o) are both girls.....So why would she say brother?

Murray had arrived home with her 13-year-old daughter, who wore clean clothes and was on her cellphone. The teen told police: “That’s not my mother,” Walsh recalls. When Walsh asked Erika about her comments, she said, “Oh, I haven’t told her yet.”

“You haven’t told her yet?” Walsh asked.

“No, I haven’t gotten around to telling her,” Murray said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...lam_house_of_horrors_hid_murray_s_secret_life

This really makes it sound like the 13 y/o didn't know that Erika was her mother, but that seems impossible.

This article explains the witness intimidation charges:

"Bradley said Murray's 13-year-old daughter and 10-year-old son told police that Murray instructed them to lie to their father, Rivera, and say Murray was babysitting for the two younger children". . . .

prosecutor said in court Tuesday that the two children had never been outside.

After interviewing the 10-year-old and 13-year-old, police got a search warrant and went back to the house, where they found the skeletal remains of one baby with a full head of hair in a backpack in the closet of an upstairs bedroom.

After discovering those remains, police obtained another search warrant. During the second search, they found the remains of two other babies in another bedroom, also inside a closet. The two oldest children slept in the bedrooms."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/14/erika-murray-in-court_n_5981978.html?

I am still wondering about the closet where the deceased infants were found. Multiple reports have said in the upper floor but a couple of them make it sound like the remains were in the 10 & 13 y/o's bedroom(s). I think it is just the way the reports are poorly worded.

Murray had arrived home with her 13-year-old daughter, who wore clean clothes and was on her cellphone. The teen told police: “That’s not my mother,” Walsh recalls. When Walsh asked Erika about her comments, she said, “Oh, I haven’t told her yet.”

“You haven’t told her yet?” Walsh asked.

“No, I haven’t gotten around to telling her,” Murray said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...lam_house_of_horrors_hid_murray_s_secret_life

This really makes it sound like the 13 y/o didn't know that Erika was her mother, but that seems impossible.

This doesn't make sense, but NONE of this makes sense as it's all so irrational. The 13 y/o is probably so used to hiding the truth and protecting her mother...she might've told the police officer it wasn't her mother so she wouldn't get in trouble for the home conditions. It's amazing how severely abused and/or neglected children have an unconditional regard for the very people who abuse and/or neglect them. The articles describe EM has "disconnected" as if she has some type of disassociative disorder...which could possibly explain her "double life" as seen on her FB profile.

Those children had to live a life of lies even with their own father!:
Murray allegedly told investigators that she instructed her two oldest children to lie to their father about the two younger children living in the home. “They were instructed to lie about the babies to the father,’’ Bradley said.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...court-today/lYTorgjB8buyIfanhLQJfN/story.html

So, now we know that the 3 bedrooms are definitely all upstairs. The 2 oldest children slept in the same room in which the deceased infants were found, and a 3rd bedroom had the piles of diapers. We previously knew that when the 2 youngest children were found, they were in separate bedrooms. Does this mean the oldest children also slept with the youngest children? :(

The neighbor found the youngest child — the 5-month-old girl — and a 3-year-old girl both covered in their own feces, in separate bedrooms.

Friends and neighbors have said Murray appeared to hide the existence of the two youngest children. A prosecutor said in court Tuesday that the two children had never been outside.

After interviewing the 10-year-old and 13-year-old, police got a search warrant and went back to the house, where they found the skeletal remains of one baby with a full head of hair in a backpack in the closet of an upstairs bedroom.

After discovering those remains, police obtained another search warrant. During the second search, they found the remains of two other babies in another bedroom, also inside a closet. The two oldest children slept in the bedrooms.
http://news.yahoo.com/mom-fetal-death-concealment-case-due-court-105321124.html

And EM was worried about her cat that got out of the house '...not making it.' (can't find the exact article again) -- this demonstrates her ability to detach from reality. Lady, you have given birth to SEVEN children (that we know of) and only TWO have managed to function in the outside world, but yet you care more about a cat's well being? That's definitely insane.

I think there were 3 bedrooms on the main floor (there is a link to the parcel and tax information I linked much earlier in this thread), and I believe the upstairs had 2 bedroom and a closet (or a small room referred to as a closet) with a separate door that was filled with the dirty diapers.

Still makes me wonder if the 10 y/o and 13 y/o knew of the remains of the deceased infants as well.

I am again in a state of shock over the new information that came out today. And everytime this thread gets bumped, I'm praying it's info about the arrest of the 'father'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back