MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Murray’s two oldest children had attended schools in the Blackstone-Millville Regional School District, said Allen W. Himmelberger, superintendent. The oldest was last a seventh-grader at Frederick W. Hartnett Middle School in Blackstone and her younger brother, now 10, was last a third-grader at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Blackstone. However, Himmelberger said neither child was enrolled this school year, which began Sept. 5.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/09/12/news-blackstone-pic/UyG3slGarf5tRizlTPSTsN/story.html

Wow, just noticed this. All the FB posts about back to school, etc. and yet neither child was enrolled for this years school session? When did the neighbor call cops about the babies covered in maggots? When was registration? Maybe registration happened after the children were taken by CPS?

Worrisome that they were not apparently registered - wondering if the timing was responsible or if they were never intended by their mother to return to school this year.

Murray’s two oldest children had attended schools in the Blackstone-Millville Regional School District, said Allen W. Himmelberger, superintendent. The oldest was last a seventh-grader at Frederick W. Hartnett Middle School in Blackstone and her younger brother, now 10, was last a third-grader at John F. Kennedy Elementary School in Blackstone. However, Himmelberger said neither child was enrolled this school year, which began Sept. 5.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/09/12/news-blackstone-pic/UyG3slGarf5tRizlTPSTsN/story.html

Wow, just noticed this. All the FB posts about back to school, etc. and yet neither child was enrolled for this years school session? When did the neighbor call cops about the babies covered in maggots? When was registration? Maybe registration happened after the children were taken by CPS?

Worrisome that they were not apparently registered - wondering if the timing was responsible or if they were never intended by their mother to return to school this year.

As far as I'm aware parents don't need to enroll their children every year. IMO it's just a poor choice of words. Probably should have said they didn't return or not attending this school this year, they were already in care.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first media report in this thread says the 4 children were taken last month, so I presume within days of her posting about school supplies. Her post after that was a bit strange but in the circumstances....

As far as I'm aware parents don't need to enroll their children every year. IMO it's just a poor choice of words. Probably should have said they didn't return or not attending this school this year, they were already in care.

IMO

Maybe it varies from district to district. Here my kids must be enrolled each year. A registration day is announced, you must come, show you still reside in that school's district, etc. Provide immunization records, etc. Or your child may not attend. Every year hundreds of kids in our school district are not allowed to come to school til their immunizations are brought current and proven.

Sometimes when following cases from other states I forget that rules and laws vary on these matters. :blush:

question, when a house is so filthy and stench, wouldn't that smell be in the hair? clothes? didn't anyone ever wonder about her and children living conditions? Like when she wen to the baby shower? Where did money come from, obvious that she had internet, 2 older children well dressed. My stomach turned when I thought of the food photos and what the house was like. Bigger question, when did she 'change' from good to bad and why? Was husband? boyfriend always with her?

anyone know why her FB is Erica Murray and the children's father is another name. Was she divorced? single? I'm confused. More reading!

I am not sure if she was ever married. She had her first child at age 18 - still pregnant in high school. There have been MSM reports that he states he is the Father to the oldest children but didn't know about the others. Neighbors describe them as a couple, but other reports state he lived in the basement of the home.

My head is spinning after reading all of these threads and articles. I searched all of her FB and could not find a single thing that gave me pause. She seems so normal.

I truly believe that neighbor saved the lives of those two younger children. God only know how they made it as far as they did. Did the two older children take care of them as best they could? What were the circumstances that caused the death of the other three babies? Did the older children not even know about them? How in the world did the older children not smell terrible? We have a neighbor girl that comes to play, her mother chain smokes in their house and that poor child reaks of cigarette smoke. Even the toys she brings with her smell of smoke, it is that bad.

apparently never married passion but based on age of oldest child (13) and reports that her children (at least the two eldest and believed all) were fathered by the same man. She became pregnant with oldest in HS, was pregnant and embarrassed while graduating but walked to get her diploma at encouragement from friends. Seems like maybe there was a common law marriage?

I'm not convinced it's mental illness, the lying, hiding, deceitfulness of it all seems so well orchestrated.

I really wonder if the 3 y/o and 5 m/o only survived b/c of the 10 y/o & 13 y/o. I wonder how long ago those other babies were born and if the older kids just weren't old enough at the time to keep them alive on their own. Babies need fed every couple of hours, school age kids were probably only able to feed them in the evenings after school. :(

This whole case is so heart breaking. Why was the 10 y/o a 3rd grader? 3rd graders are 8 typically

Where we live you also have to register your child for school each year, it's done online and you just confirm your kid is going & that all contact, allergy, emergency contact information is correct.

The house was beyond unsanitary and dangerous. The house was sealed up, no electric and no running water....
Hot as hades...
It's shocking that they all weren't very ill.

Have they released the 911 call yet????

Also, for the neighbor who called 911...you are a hero! You are amazing and saved these kids lives, I'm so very, very sorry you were exposed to that level of depravity. My heart goes out to you, I can't imagine the utter shock of finding those babies.

Just in case she ever reads here, I want her to know how much the world applauds her brave actions!

One article says her parents have never been to her house that she lives in now...............like to know when and why they stopped visiting.
Another article says father lived on the same street at #3 and she lived on #23???
His parents have the 2 older children now.
Not her parents? who she went to at the beginning of this?
an unidentified man lived with her? Oh geez, and he was blind to ALL of this?

just wondering if we will find drugs involved. Who could live like this?

There was a (somewhat similar) case on here that came out in 2011. Child's body found under shed

Another Article

In that case^ the new baby was the equivalent of the 10 and 13 yo kids from this one. In that one, there was a baby from several years prior who had lived for a bit then 'died' suddenly, and an older girl who turned out to be 6 who was kept in a cage equivalent to the 5 mo and 3 year old in this one.

Just what I'm reminded of...

Murray claimed to have no friends, but had 80 on FB???
why no personal friends?

I am with Iamnotagol on her not being "mentally ill" due to the level of organization and planning in leading this double life. She certainly wasn't having a psychotic break nor does this look like any type of psychosis. She demonstrated planned behaviors on many levels - keeping all the babies secret from everyone (except the older 2 kids). This woman showed grave depravity toward the youngest babies and she did it knowingly (IMO)! She showed extreme favoritism for those older 2 kids and based upon the reports of the neighbor - the 3 y/o and infant are probably suffering from attachment disorders, physical and mental deficits from lack of interaction with a primary care provider - over a long period of time. There is still much hope for the infant but the 3 y/o will have a lot to overcome. Interesting that the 3 y/o was thought to have been a boy - I imagine that is due to short hair that was never brushed and just fell out in clumps. Again, just my opinion.

Im not happy about the school system reporting anything. The older children have lived with enough trauma.

This case is just so strange. Such big holes, I'm fixated to find out the rest of the story.

IMO, the mother of Erika knew that the other 2 babies were there.. she seemed very involved in the life of the other 2.. I have a screenshot taken before it was deleted by her mother on August 29 @ 8:20 pm that says " "please lower your voice....the baby's sleeping" Erika replied a minute later with LOLOL... It was taken down off the page before the story went national. This was after the children were taken by DCYF. So... its very strange to me that her mom left that on her page.

The photos of her 2 older children showed normal, clean kids. It is them who I feel most sorry for... School is back in session around here and so they will be attending classes while all of this is happening. I can imagine that the other kids in the school know. Its heartbreaking to think of what they are going through. It is them who will suffer for their mothers mistakes. I hope they are surrounded by love.

IMO, the mother of Erika knew that the other 2 babies were there.. she seemed very involved in the life of the other 2.. I have a screenshot taken before it was deleted by her mother on August 29 @ 8:20 pm that says " "please lower your voice....the baby's sleeping" Erika replied a minute later with LOLOL... It was taken down off the page before the story went national. This was after the children were taken by DCYF. So... its very strange to me that her mom left that on her page.

I think "Sharon Murray" is her mother, and I read somewhere that "Sharon White Murray" was a FB profile that Erika made up. It seems like the SWM profile is gone, perhaps deleted by FB since they do not allow fake/additional profiles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back