MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Smell "Was So Bad": Neighbor Describes Squalid Home in Blackstone Where 3 Infants Were Found Dead
"A neighbor of a woman who is accused of concealing the death of three infants in her vermin-infested home in Blackstone, Massachusetts, said she had seen children outside the house always underdressed for the weather and piles of trash in the backyard.
"I don't know how many times I've seen those children outside no shoes, no clothes on, eating out of a cracker box and drinking soda. This was 6:30, 7 o'clock in the morning," Marie White told NECN in an exclusive interview. White and her husband moved to Florida two years ago after living in their Blackstone home for a decade. The couple still rents out their house, located next-door to 23 St. Paul Street.
Mass. DCF Responds to Blackstone Home Questions
Erika Murray, 31, was arrested Thursday night after detectives investigating a case of reckless endangerment of children found the bodies of three infants at the home infested with vermin and littered with soiled diapers. Four other children, ages 13, 10, 3 and 6 months old, were removed from the house on Aug. 28 after a neighbor notified police about their living conditions.

<modsnip>

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Neighbor-Reacts-to-Blackstone-House-of-Squalor-274975201.html

BLACKSTONE &#8212; Erika Murray&#8217;s life began spinning out of control three years ago when she secretly gave birth to a third child inside her small home, despite the adamant insistence of her financially strapped high school sweetheart that he wanted no more children than the two they already had, her court-appointed defense attorney said Saturday.

Then, about five months ago, the 31-year-old mother gave birth to yet another child, and allegedly tried to hide her connection to both of these children from Ramon Rivera, 37, a Framingham native who lived in the same house.

&#8220;She lived in terror of their existence being known,&#8221; said Wellesley lawyer Keith Halpern. &#8220;She was frozen in this nightmare. She couldn&#8217;t get out of it.&#8221;

<modsnip>

After the four children were put in foster care, police this week began to search the condemned home further and uncovered the skeletal remains of three infants.

On Friday, Murray was arraigned on charges related to child endangerment and concealing fetal death. She is being held at a women&#8217;s prison in Framingham.

Rivera, who was not present when the police first entered the home on Aug. 28, has not been charged with any crimes involving the children or home. However, Blackstone Police Chief Ross Atstupenas, in a phone interview Saturday, said that Rivera was criminally charged on Aug. 28 with &#8220;possession and cultivating&#8221; marijuana in the basement of the home at 23 St. Paul Street in Blackstone.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...n-continues/wQeL2TSDqW77k40gvjiaLN/story.html

A huge FB cleaning went on yesterday. EM lost 1/2 her friend list. Many comments are missing. Immediate family have shut down their pages as well and/or unfriended her.

This really sounds like Hoarders meets Catfish. I would not be surprised if she was behind lots of fake friend profiles, and if she was the one who started her kids' profiles.

There was a (somewhat similar) case on here that came out in 2011. Child's body found under shed

Another Article

In that case^ the new baby was the equivalent of the 10 and 13 yo kids from this one. In that one, there was a baby from several years prior who had lived for a bit then 'died' suddenly, and an older girl who turned out to be 6 who was kept in a cage equivalent to the 5 mo and 3 year old in this one.

Just what I'm reminded of...

Yes, little "Sunny" (AG). I think that is why I am so glued to this case. It reminds me of many ways of that one. Those parent's families claimed they never knew of the child beneath the shed or the caged AG they tossed occasional crumbs at :(

That case broke my heart. I still pray for Sunny, that she can somehow recover from that beginning to her life.

FB gone again....all so bizarre.

Just a note for the newbies here. We are only allowed to copy and paste 10% of the MSM article here and then provide the link. While I love having the entire article to read here - it's really against TOS. I don't want anyone getting in trouble. Thank you so much for keeping us updated on all the articles!

pretty sure this time the FB is gone for good. I spent a couple of hours yesterday reading it thankfully.

I spent quite a bit of time reading the FB but I didn't go back past 2011 much. I am blown away at the Mother's perception (according to her Atty)that her home is habitable and she is "completely attached" to her youngest children. First, thie child "attaches" and the parent "bonds". Those babies were not "attached" to anyone - according to reports. The infant showed no "stranger danger" or fear of being cared for by a stranger. The neighbor said that baby loved to be touched and held (by a perfect stranger)! The 3 y/o was rocking violently (and probably head banging) which is indicative of a profound attachment disorder. In addition, the description of the 3 y/o with low muscle tone, inability to walk, and only grunting or making a few sounds is proof of very little human interaction over a long period of time. The depravity they endured their entire life means they cannot trust that anyone will meet their needs in a consistent manner. They cannot trust any they will receive comfort, and if they do - they don't know if or when it might happen again.

So R. Rivera was busted for growing pot downstairs in the home on the 28th - there is yet another secret the older children had to keep about their home. I imagine now that they didn't go downstairs often but did he ever come upstairs?

I remember reading a comment Murray made on her FB page about Prince George birth in England. Happy about it, but enough is enough.
Could it be that she also had 1 of he babies around that time?
I found it so odd that hardly anyone ever 'liked' or commented back o her on FB.
Since she killed her other babies, why did she keep the 3 yr. old and 5 mo. old? and then neglect them?
Even if you 'babysit', you keep great care of children...................24/7 and they never go home? Rivera must be 'high' 24/7 not to notice any of this.

I remember reading a comment Murray made on her FB page about Prince George birth in England. Happy about it, but enough is enough.
Could it be that she also had 1 of he babies around that time?
I found it so odd that hardly anyone ever 'liked' or commented back o her on FB.
Since she killed her other babies, why did she keep the 3 yr. old and 5 mo. old? and then neglect them?
Even if you 'babysit', you keep great care of children...................24/7 and they never go home? Rivera must be 'high' 24/7 not to notice any of this.

I wonder if the deceased infants just didn't survive the neglect. This woman gave birth at home (by herself) at least 5 times without anyone knowing? Wow! R. Rivera is the Father to the oldest two, according to the report above. He and Erika have been together since she was in highschool, living at her parents home, then moved in with his sister. At what point did he not consider that the conditions in the upstairs of this home was not appropriate for his 13 and 10 y/o's to live in? He didn't live in the filth but did not mind that his kids had to endure it? So many secrets and coverup. Thank You Neighbor for having the courage to call 911! Thank you for reporting this immediately and taking the initiative to get involved to really help!

according to this video, LE searching for evidence of more babies?
oh my! Did she tell of others maybe? To hide that many pregnancies is unbelievable!
She isn't obese surely someone would see a baby bump...............no birth control?
How dumb was her lover???

Reminds me also of the woman that hide her dead babies in the garage and husband found them in a box.

some women who are heavier set (not necessarily morbidly obese you understand, just heavier) do not gain weight during pregnancy but actually lose it. I know several women who experienced that with each of their pregnancies. I am less surprised she was able to hide pregnancies and more shocked that RR who apparently lived there the whole time somehow missed 5 at home births, three dead infants and two live ones who came to be babysat but never left?? Very weird dynamic in that household.

I'm not convinced it's mental illness, the lying, hiding, deceitfulness of it all seems so well orchestrated.

I don't see that.
"Mentally Ill" doesn't mean "stupid."

She likely realized that she had a problem and did everything in her power to keep the world from knowing about it.

If you haven't dealt with mental illness yourself, please don't make such broad generalizations. One of the reasons she didn't seek medical or psychiatric help is likely because she didn't want to get in trouble or be looked down upon once it's verified that something is wrong. Mental illness carries a fairly big stigma. It can be scary to live in a world that thinks you're crazy.

&#8220;When she (Murray) showed up at the house that day,&#8221; Bill Walsh recalled yesterday, &#8220;I told her the children had been removed and the house was sealed off.

&#8220;All she wanted to know was, &#8216;What happened to my cat?&#8217; She kept saying, &#8216;My cat is an indoor cat,&#8217; and she was worried it wouldn&#8217;t make it through the night on the street.&#8221;
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...is_blackstone_community_never_imagined_horror

I don't see that.
"Mentally Ill" doesn't mean "stupid."

She likely realized that she had a problem and did everything in her power to keep the world from knowing about it.

If you haven't dealt with mental illness yourself, please don't make such broad generalizations. One of the reasons she didn't seek medical or psychiatric help is likely because she didn't want to get in trouble or be looked down upon once it's verified that something is wrong. Mental illness carries a fairly big stigma. It can be scary to live in a world that thinks you're crazy.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this post.

Wish I saw the FB every time I looked it was gone! Being from MA I have to wonder if I know anyone who "knows" her. My prayers to all these children. Absolutely heart breaking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back