Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I’m formerly a south shore local, I moved to Boston in September but until then, I was living at home in Pembroke. My (parents) house is only a 5 minute drive away from Sandra’s house, probably quicker if you could cut through the woods. I just discovered this page but this case has been bothering me since I heard about it, especially because something terrible may have happened so close to my family. This is a pretty rural area compared to some of the other suburbs outside of Boston. Virtually no major crime happens in Hanson and the surrounding towns, making it very likely Sandra didn’t feel the need to lock her door. I’m glad the state police are finally leading this because this isn’t something local police have much experience with. I know exactly where her street is and that area, along with Hanson itself really, isn’t an area you happen to stumble upon. You really have to know the area.

Additionally towns like Pembroke and Hanson are nearly impossible to get around in without a car. There really isn’t anywhere Sandra could have walked to the night of the 7th. There aren’t any restaurants or anything within a (decent) walking distance. This was 100% someone she knew or she was specifically targeted by someone who knows this area well.

Finally, and I hope that I’m not totally off base, another thing that has bothered me from day one is that in December 2014, there was another woman in her 50s with ties to Quincy that went missing. Her name was Linda Schufeldt. Her body was eventually found in the woods in Brockton. FBI profilers were brought in and they said that it was likely a local person who had killed before and would do it again. I really hope that this isn’t it

I’m formerly a south shore local, I moved to Boston in September but until then, I was living at home in Pembroke. My (parents) house is only a 5 minute drive away from Sandra’s house, probably quicker if you could cut through the woods. I just discovered this page but this case has been bothering me since I heard about it, especially because something terrible may have happened so close to my family. This is a pretty rural area compared to some of the other suburbs outside of Boston. Virtually no major crime happens in Hanson and the surrounding towns, making it very likely Sandra didn’t feel the need to lock her door. I’m glad the state police are finally leading this because this isn’t something local police have much experience with. I know exactly where her street is and that area, along with Hanson itself really, isn’t an area you happen to stumble upon. You really have to know the area.

Additionally towns like Pembroke and Hanson are nearly impossible to get around in without a car. There really isn’t anywhere Sandra could have walked to the night of the 7th. There aren’t any restaurants or anything within a (decent) walking distance. This was 100% someone she knew or she was specifically targeted by someone who knows this area well.

Finally, and I hope that I’m not totally off base, another thing that has bothered me from day one is that in December 2014, there was another woman in her 50s with ties to Quincy that went missing. Her name was Linda Schufeldt. Her body was eventually found in the woods in Brockton. FBI profilers were brought in and they said that it was likely a local person who had killed before and would do it again. I really hope that this isn’t it
Welcome to Websleuths, @Indigo-blue ! :)

17 - SERIAL: Unmasking the Brockton Killer - True Crime DEADLINE

I haven't listened to this podcast yet, but adding it here in case someone else can get to it before I do. So they're connecting these 2014 and 2015 murders/rapes to each other (via DNA per other articles) and now to a 2019 abduction/murder? Would be interested to know if there is MSP or local police have looked into connecting Sandra's disappearance with these at all?

Last edited:

IMO, Regarding the other older woman with ties to Quincy. . . I don't see a lot of similarities, just based on what seems to be different life circumstances and the odd place/way her body was found. Her remains were discovered buried beneath the remains of another murder victim. The summary of the case is below:

Remains of murder victims located in woods

On Dec. 28, 2014, a resident of North Quincy Street in Brockton was walking his dog in a 20-acre wooded area near the Abington town line when he came across dismembered human remains that were among a pile of stacked wood about 50 yards from his home. Underneath that body, later identified as the remains of 20-year-old Ashley Mylett, police found the remains of 50-year-old Linda Schufeldt, which had been there longer and had decomposed to mostly bones. In March 2017, investigators released a composite sketch of a man who raped three women and is connected to the murder of at least one other. The sketch was created by Parabon NanoLabs, a Virginia-based company that used the suspect’s DNA to create a phenotype snapshot. Police determined the man is a suspect in three rapes that occurred in Brockton in October 2013, November 2013 and January 2014. In each of those cases, the suspect’s DNA was tested and entered into the state’s Combined DNA Index System. That same DNA was then found on the body of Mylett. He has not yet been identified or arrested.
DECADE IN REVIEW: Top stories in the Brockton area from 2010-2019

That’s a good point, it could definitely just be an odd coincidence that they were both about the same age from Quincy and missing from the south shore! Don’t want to send anyone down a wild goose chase but major crime is rare in this area so I always wondered if the two were related

That’s a good point, it could definitely just be an odd coincidence that they were both about the same age from Quincy and missing from the south shore! Don’t want to send anyone down a wild goose chase but major crime is rare in this area so I always wondered if the two were related

The victims of the Brockton killer/serial rapist were sex workers and deep in drug addictions. Whoever the Brockton killer is, he definitely wasn't just breaking into random houses looking for victims.

Hi! Welcome to the board. Yes, I think it was someone Sandra knew. Hanson is very rural. My friend lives there and she says the town shuts down at like 7 pm. Hahah. I'm praying daily for Sandra. I will have to read about that other woman. I saw a little about her when she went missing, but didn't read any more.

Good reminder of this. I kind of put it out of mind because it was so far from logical that I discounted it. But it was for a reason that LE felt this way.

I have my theory as to why this was, but can't discuss it here.

Agreed. Have thought about this from the first few weeks but this isn't really where it can be discussed. Not yet anyway. But if your theory is the same as mine, it explains a lot of things about this disappearance.

Please stop saying you know stuff or have a theory but can't say it here. That is baiting and is against TOS. Either say it or don't. Theories can be discussed here, carefully. This isn't about being right - it's about finding Sandra. Folks read these threads for many different reasons, please keep that in mind.

Please stop saying you know stuff or have a theory but can't say it here. That is baiting and is against TOS. Either say it or don't. Theories can be discussed here, carefully. This isn't about being right - it's about finding Sandra. Folks read these threads for many different reasons, please keep that in mind.

I don't think anyone was being evasive to be rude, I think everyone was being polite. LE stated they were checking homeless camps to see if Sandra "popped in." I can only think of a few reasons why someone would "pop in" to a homeless camp and they all involve addiction. LE rarely states that someone has a history of drug use or suffers with addiction because generally the public response cools off due to the general negative attitude and bias many people harbor against those struggling with addiction. So we are left to speculate why LE would check homeless camps and try to be kind and careful in discussing why. Without further information from LE there is not much to discuss except to parse their past statements like this one.

@Alethea expressed it better than I could but, yes, I personally am trying to be respectful to Sandra/her family and the victim friendly nature of these boards and choose to keep my theories under wraps until such time as more definitive info is released by LE.

From what I have read, they checked the homeless in Fall River because there was a sighting there, and nothing came from it. She had no previous connections to Fall River (which is at least an hour drive from her house, and she had no car.) Her daughter has stated that her mom didn't do drugs. Her daughter is a nurse with small children, and Sandra watched those kids all the time while her daughter worked. I doubt she would leave her kids with a drug addict for long periods of time on a regular basis. Also, there is a huge opioid epidemic all over. I can't imagine she'd have to find a ride that far to get her fix. Honestly, I think it was the hat she was wearing in one of the pics that was distributed. It looked very "Riv" (Fall River) to me, and that's my theory of why someone thought they saw her there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout