MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the 16th anniversary of Maura Murray’s disappearance - another Hanson woman who mysteriously vanished and was never found — I propose that the police in both cases were extremely inept and now two families continue to suffer because of it. Checking a homeless shelter in Fall River for Sandra is a perfect indicaton of how laughably inept local law enforcement has been in solving this case

On the 16th anniversary of Maura Murray’s disappearance - another Hanson woman who mysteriously vanished and was never found — I propose that the police in both cases were extremely inept and now two families continue to suffer because of it. Checking a homeless shelter in Fall River for Sandra is a perfect indicaton of how laughably inept local law enforcement has been in solving this case
I think the n.h. police were horrible in handling her case. As far as Sandra's case I think Hanson police did what they could to try to find her. I heard they were following a lead that was told to them about Fall River. I would want them to check every lead, and if it was nothing, at least they checked it out. And now the state police have the case which is good because I am sure they have more resources and technology that a small town police department won't have.

I really don't know if Hanson police handled this ineptly or not; I do know Sandra's family expressed approval of what they did. They pretty much had to investigate the sighting of Sandra at a homeless encampment in a Fall River Park because a man tipped a local new station that he saw her there panhandling and gave her money. As to why LE then extended their search to the shelters of Brockton and Boston, maybe that was due diligence or maybe something else.

Thinking about Sandra today. I joined this site back in August and this case was the 1st or second I followed, this one and Nóra Quoirin. Nora and most of the other cases I had followed since have been located, and it drives me batty that not only has Sandra not been found, absolutely no new evidence has come forth since the first day I looked at this case.

I am troubled by her phone situation. I am mostly worried that this was just a coincidental benign part of her character that has absolutely nothing to do with what happened to her. But because that isn’t considered “normal”, we think something fishy is going on. My dad is almost the exact same age as Sandra. He only has a cell phone because his work requires him to have one. He never touches the thing. I had to remind him to turn it on if I was going out so I could contact him. He’d always have his phone off. I know a couple people who genuinely have no interest in their phone. They aren’t trying to hide from anything, they just don’t get why they should pay the extra cost for something they don’t use.

I just can’t figure it out. Truthfully, my mind went to drug addiction as well at the beginning of the case when they mentioned the homeless. I thought it could make sense; she was in recovery and maybe part of the reason she moved to be around a family support system. She was meeting a drug dealer and that’s why she left with her purse to purchase drugs and that’s when something horrible happened.

But that doesn’t really work either. Like someone else pointed out, unlikely someone would leave their children with their parent if they had addiction issues. And she just moved there, she would have to have found a supplier pretty quick and it doesn’t seem she is a big social butterfly. I hope this isn’t taken disrespectfully. To me it doesn’t matter if she was a nun or a life long drug addict something bad has happened to her and she and her family deserve closure.

Ugh. Hoping for answers this year...

Thinking about Sandra today. I joined this site back in August and this case was the 1st or second I followed, this one and Nóra Quoirin. Nora and most of the other cases I had followed since have been located, and it drives me batty that not only has Sandra not been found, absolutely no new evidence has come forth since the first day I looked at this case.

I am troubled by her phone situation. I am mostly worried that this was just a coincidental benign part of her character that has absolutely nothing to do with what happened to her. But because that isn’t considered “normal”, we think something fishy is going on. My dad is almost the exact same age as Sandra. He only has a cell phone because his work requires him to have one. He never touches the thing. I had to remind him to turn it on if I was going out so I could contact him. He’d always have his phone off. I know a couple people who genuinely have no interest in their phone. They aren’t trying to hide from anything, they just don’t get why they should pay the extra cost for something they don’t use.

I just can’t figure it out. Truthfully, my mind went to drug addiction as well at the beginning of the case when they mentioned the homeless. I thought it could make sense; she was in recovery and maybe part of the reason she moved to be around a family support system. She was meeting a drug dealer and that’s why she left with her purse to purchase drugs and that’s when something horrible happened.

But that doesn’t really work either. Like someone else pointed out, unlikely someone would leave their children with their parent if they had addiction issues. And she just moved there, she would have to have found a supplier pretty quick and it doesn’t seem she is a big social butterfly. I hope this isn’t taken disrespectfully. To me it doesn’t matter if she was a nun or a life long drug addict something bad has happened to her and she and her family deserve closure.

Ugh. Hoping for answers this year...

It is confusing. I don't think we can rule out addiction just because she babysat her grandchildren. Her daughter may have believed she was sober and in recovery. People have this vision of all drug users as junkies on the street. But that's just not true. People get addicted to opioids that are lawfully prescribed for medical issues. Many people hide their addictions from their friends and families for years, if not decades. She could have relapsed recently. We just don't know. But to walk out of her house with her purse and never be seen again... it's something.

It is confusing. I don't think we can rule out addiction just because she babysat her grandchildren. Her daughter may have believed she was sober and in recovery. People have this vision of all drug users as junkies on the street. But that's just not true. People get addicted to opioids that are lawfully prescribed for medical issues. Many people hide their addictions from their friends and families for years, if not decades. She could have relapsed recently. We just don't know. But to walk out of her house with her purse and never be seen again... it's something.

I always found it very interesting that her daughter was so adamant there was no boyfriend or ex drama in her moms life.. no drug use or medications. Those sorts of things can be hidden or downplayed if you don't want anyone to know.

I'm still wondering why I never heard back from detectives when I told them I may have seen her in August 20th in Rhode Island. Got one message saying I would be contacted by another detective.... Still nothing.

Edited to change the date.

(Please someone let me know if I am going against the rules speaking about possible drug use with no proof)

If we are allowed to entertain the idea, I’d like to talk a little bit about that article about the lady in a similar age group in a similar area.

Just this one quote from the article

Women found dead in Brockton remembered as kind, trusting

“As state and local police search for answers, family and friends of the women have portrayed them as loving and generous people who became vulnerable due to substance abuse and their trusting ways.”

MOO, please let me know if I need to delete this

@unknown402 The thing about Linda Schufeldt and the other victims of the Brockton rapist/serial killer is that he targeted them because they were sex workers. It's not a case of a dealer targeting the customers who buy drugs from him. He chose to prey on prostitutes for specific, sexually sadistic reasons of his own. Their addictions made them vulnerable to this predation but the link between them was first and foremost the prostitution, not the drug abuse. IMO the victim profile does not fit for these crimes and Sandra.

Prayers for Sandra and her family. Hard to imagine what they are going through. Seems she was very close to Grandkids.
LE may have lost opportunities and evidence by not seeing the possibility of foul play right at the beginning. Makes me extremely angry. Can't get it back. Gives perps too much time to muddy the waters so to speak. MOO

@unknown402 The thing about Linda Schufeldt and the other victims of the Brockton rapist/serial killer is that he targeted them because they were sex workers. It's not a case of a dealer targeting the customers who buy drugs from him. He chose to prey on prostitutes for specific, sexually sadistic reasons of his own. Their addictions made them vulnerable to this predation but the link between them was first and foremost the prostitution, not the drug abuse. IMO the victim profile does not fit for these crimes and Sandra.

I had not realized that there was sexual motive in those cases, that certainly does change things. I agree with you that definitely takes that off my radar.

Thinking of Sandra today, and most days she crosses my mind... Facts (as have been reported) lead me to think they will find her. Regardless, when I think of Sandra, I feel a sense of peace. I continue to sit on my hands, and they are warm.

Thinking of Sandra today, and most days she crosses my mind... Facts (as have been reported) lead me to think they will find her. Regardless, when I think of Sandra, I feel a sense of peace. I continue to sit on my hands, and they are warm.
I am not understanding the sit on your hands?

I am not understanding the sit on your hands?

So that I don't type things that are not with the TOS here. Can't discuss those not yet named as POIs, etc. (and yet there was pretty rampant speculation about Sandra being on drugs with zero source material to back that up...)

I have no doubt this case is being worked and has not been shelved or closed. I do think answers will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx