MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one of the most interesting parts of the podcast to me. It made me think how her version is just that...her side of the story. Could there have been a reason the neighbors acted the way they did (not saying it was a "good" reason) and what might that have been?
I can't think of a good enough reason as just the 'sudden shocking incident' of a 'possible crime' right in their little neighborhood would of been mainly on their minds, not that she was a problem person to them. I don't think she had wild parties or was disruptive to their previous way of life. The podcast did show that there was more detailed searching with the police dogs in people's homes/ property than I thought and the local police department's initial response to her daughter's concern seemed lacking in concern by them as well. It was heartbreaking hearing her daughter's interview in her own words. You heard that in her voice and response too, that her mother was not that involved with her and 'came around' when she started having her children and all was turned around. The part about I put myself through school and 'she started coming around more'. Yes, again, mother had another kind of life behavior before that. So, what's known about that is just not known to us by people that do know that and what may of led up to what has happened. MAY have.

This was one of the most interesting parts of the podcast to me. It made me think how her version is just that...her side of the story. Could there have been a reason the neighbors acted the way they did (not saying it was a "good" reason) and what might that have been?
I can't think of a good enough reason as just the 'sudden shocking incident' of a 'possible crime' right in their little neighborhood would of been mainly on their minds, not that she was a problem person to them. I don't think she had wild parties or was disruptive to their previous way of life. The podcast did show that there was more detailed searching with the police dogs in people's homes/ property than I thought and the local police department's initial response to her daughter's concern seemed lacking in concern by them as well. It was heartbreaking hearing her daughter's interview in her own words. You heard that in her voice and response too, that her mother was not that involved with her and 'came around' when she started having her children and all was turned around. The part about I put myself through school and 'she started coming around more'. Yes, again, mother had another kind of life behavior before that. So, what's known about that is just not known to us by people that do know that and what may of led up to what has happened. MAY have.

Here's a thought regarding the missing top bed sheet. There may of been some sort of paperwork/ evidence/ money hidden under that mattress and it was piled/ put onto the sheet, wrapped up and taken with the intruders.

An early article.

Laina is directly quoted as saying that all the bed boards were off. No mention of the bedsheet.

And LE checking with homeless areas!? This is nonsensical for a sweet Grandma who babysat children.

Unless it isn’t nonsensical. Why Fall River? Homeless? Sandra has never been.

Doesn’t this imply that LE has tied Sandra to someone that is/was homeless and may be rough on the edges and potentially have substance abuse issues?

"All the lights were on. The air conditioner was on. I walked to the back door, it was unlocked," McMahon said. "The dog didn't have any food or water. Nothing really seemed too out of place other than that all the bed boards were off. It appeared someone lifted the mattress."

In recent weeks, police had received tips that Crispo was seen in Fall River. Hanson police have been working with Fall River police detectives to follow up on potential sightings and have visited areas of the city to see if she is staying there, but Miksch said none of those leads have led them to Crispo.

"We can't rule out it was her on one of them, but we also can't get a positive ID," Miksch said. "Fall River is still very much aware and checking areas to see if she decided to pop in with the homeless population. We've also put alerts out to Brockton and Boston."

'We just want answers' -- Hanson woman still missing after 5 weeks

An early article.

Laina is directly quoted as saying that all the bed boards were off. No mention of the bedsheet.

And LE checking with homeless areas!? This is nonsensical for a sweet Grandma who babysat children.

Unless it isn’t nonsensical. Why Fall River? Homeless? Sandra has never been.

Doesn’t this imply that LE has tied Sandra to someone that is/was homeless and may be rough on the edges and potentially have substance abuse issues?

"All the lights were on. The air conditioner was on. I walked to the back door, it was unlocked," McMahon said. "The dog didn't have any food or water. Nothing really seemed too out of place other than that all the bed boards were off. It appeared someone lifted the mattress."

In recent weeks, police had received tips that Crispo was seen in Fall River. Hanson police have been working with Fall River police detectives to follow up on potential sightings and have visited areas of the city to see if she is staying there, but Miksch said none of those leads have led them to Crispo.

"We can't rule out it was her on one of them, but we also can't get a positive ID," Miksch said. "Fall River is still very much aware and checking areas to see if she decided to pop in with the homeless population. We've also put alerts out to Brockton and Boston."

'We just want answers' -- Hanson woman still missing after 5 weeks
She did say the fitted top bedsheet was missing. That really popped out to me, and said they could not find it. The checking homeless gathering areas really seemed off unless there was some reason to them, and she was only gone for a couple days by then
and had a home.
She said, I believe, some of the slats were down so that the corner of the bed was now unbalanced and dipped down and that she'd not sleep in a bed that way. It did make me think of the possibility that it was lifted, items removed, wrapped in the top sheet and taken.
But true, something gave them that idea to check those areas and so soon after reported missing. I just think the police initially were way off. Haven't heard any results of the forensic testing of the home either, which is crucial to who was there. Things that do not match with Sandra and her family, hairs, prints. No car of her own to travel.

After listening to the podcast a few things stick out to me. First Sandra's daughter must feel so bad, hindsight is always 20/20. I'm sure she is kicking herself for not going by on Thursday, not asking police for a wellness check, and then on Friday waiting to call police. I'm sure she regrets going to work. Her mind must be so sad. I know mine would be no matter what the relationship was like. A few questions though. When did she check the fridge? Not on Friday? And she never mentioned if she shut off lights and a.c? She did mention that she didn't feed or give the dog water.? And where did she bring the kids to that day Friday? Did she have back up care for them? I imagine she was scared and worried. I'm sorry if I violated tos. Feel free to delete. I feel so bad for the family and her. And the poor pup

After listening to the podcast a few things stick out to me. First Sandra's daughter must feel so bad, hindsight is always 20/20. I'm sure she is kicking herself for not going by on Thursday, not asking police for a wellness check, and then on Friday waiting to call police. I'm sure she regrets going to work. Her mind must be so sad. I know mine would be no matter what the relationship was like. A few questions though. When did she check the fridge? Not on Friday? And she never mentioned if she shut off lights and a.c? She did mention that she didn't feed or give the dog water.? And where did she bring the kids to that day Friday? Did she have back up care for them? I imagine she was scared and worried. I'm sorry if I violated tos. Feel free to delete. I feel so bad for the family and her. And the poor pup

She said in the podcast she took the children to another family member that day, kept in touch with her husband, and then during the afternoon he went to the police to make the missing report.

I write this post after listening to the podcast and I am so sad for Sandra and her daughter and of course her entire family and friends. I truly want to be hopeful and remain positive, but hearing Laina talk about her mother in the past tense and knowing her gut feeling from the get go I fear the worst possible scenario has occurred and Sandra is no longer with us. So hope I am wrong.
We did get some new information but for me it begs more questions, which door did she and the children EXIT to go to mechanic? Also SIL did not see which door she entered when she got back. If she only had one set of keys(unlikely but possible) and was expecting to be back within a short amount of time, could it be possible she locked front door and exited back leaving it unlocked so she could get back in and of course lock it upon returning home.

She was home with the children during the day and it was daylight, I don't imagine all the lights would be on during this time, (most likely the ACwould be) would she turn them all on just to go to drop car off? As Laina said it was still daylight when her car was dropped off and when she got her cigs, so when were these turned on? Was she home alone at least until it became dark? Was someone there waiting and assaulted her on the bed and waited until dark to make their move and take Sandra out of her home? That fitted sheet and bed slats is really disturbing to me it reads like a hurried act like trying to pull from opposite end of sheet and pulling tugging as to dislodge/bounce mattress causing the slats to move, then using the sheet as a wrap of sorts or removed because of DNA.

Her poor dog certainly was witness to something bad, but wondering if there were dog "accidents"on the floor in the house? We dont know when the dog ran out of food/water but surely would have to go out to do its business during the timeframe Sandra went missing, if "accidents" were in house it could account for the dogs scared behavior like it did something wrong.

The towel curtain thing really does not strike me as odd, to me she was waiting for someone to help install/hang so she wanted to at least put somethng up so people couldnt look in and also to keep heat from sun blazing through windows I actually do this with my kitchen window that only has a short valance at the top, so during the summer that eastern sun just is unbearable and hanging a towel helps.

Of course all moo.

I will continue to pray for Sandra and her family and hope she will found soon.

I write this post after listening to the podcast and I am so sad for Sandra and her daughter and of course her entire family and friends. I truly want to be hopeful and remain positive, but hearing Laina talk about her mother in the past tense and knowing her gut feeling from the get go I fear the worst possible scenario has occurred and Sandra is no longer with us. So hope I am wrong.
We did get some new information but for me it begs more questions, which door did she and the children EXIT to go to mechanic? Also SIL did not see which door she entered when she got back. If she only had one set of keys(unlikely but possible) and was expecting to be back within a short amount of time, could it be possible she locked front door and exited back leaving it unlocked so she could get back in and of course lock it upon returning home.

She was home with the children during the day and it was daylight, I don't imagine all the lights would be on during this time, (most likely the ACwould be) would she turn them all on just to go to drop car off? As Laina said it was still daylight when her car was dropped off and when she got her cigs, so when were these turned on? Was she home alone at least until it became dark? Was someone there waiting and assaulted her on the bed and waited until dark to make their move and take Sandra out of her home? That fitted sheet and bed slats is really disturbing to me it reads like a hurried act like trying to pull from opposite end of sheet and pulling tugging as to dislodge/bounce mattress causing the slats to move, then using the sheet as a wrap of sorts or removed because of DNA.

Her poor dog certainly was witness to something bad, but wondering if there were dog "accidents"on the floor in the house? We dont know when the dog ran out of food/water but surely would have to go out to do its business during the timeframe Sandra went missing, if "accidents" were in house it could account for the dogs scared behavior like it did something wrong.

The towel curtain thing really does not strike me as odd, to me she was waiting for someone to help install/hang so she wanted to at least put somethng up so people couldnt look in and also to keep heat from sun blazing through windows I actually do this with my kitchen window that only has a short valance at the top, so during the summer that eastern sun just is unbearable and hanging a towel helps.

Of course all moo.

I will continue to pray for Sandra and her family and hope she will found soon.
Her daughter believes she went in and when became dark she turned on the lights and a/c if not on already, the a/c. She believes the incident occurred during the night. True thought about the accidents and yes, dog would feel he did something wrong, but also witnessed a bad thing to his owner, yelling etc. probably. Don't know about the doors, but if lights on, person prob not in house already as it was still broad daylight in summer and Sandra turned them on later. The person would want to be under cover of darkness too. Right about the towel thing, anything to block sunlight or for privacy at night. The dog prob ran out of food/water overnight and def the next day and night. Prob fed morn then in eve, so Thursday it would be empty until discovered on Friday. I don't know if daughter took the dog home with her as at the time she did have her own dog. So sad. I thought of the DNA with the top sheet, but then the person would take all the sheets, but took the fitted bottom only, unless she only used one sheet. Your thoughts are true too, if a hurried pulling by a strong person could dislodge. Wonder if she did use a top sheet and that was there. I know when my bed slats would fall due to moving mattress around, the mattress would sink down in that corner as daughter said, not supported. I just wish the police would disclose what they found when they went in further with kits. But only they know the results and are working on things. BUT SO LONG and she's still missing. In time I so hope for her family that she was involved with in a good way.

Well, I was thinking if something bad happened inside the house I wouldn't think who ever did it would want to turn on all the lights??? Wouldn't that draw more attention to the house?
Right, they must of been already on by Sandra when it got dark and had not gone to bed yet. The a/c may be something she ran during the night or day and night as it was on. She may have turned on the lights too when the person came if she knew them. As her daughter said, so impossible it seems that no one heard a thing or saw. But if at night and a/c's on, you don't hear anything and if shades down in their homes and her windows covered with towel. I'm sure the dog was barking frantically. No nosy neighbors there then unfortunately if they did hear or see a car, anything odd in that quiet little section of a small little street, and her house was described as it looked like a driveway, not a street unless you KNEW IT WAS THERE.

With all the information we have minus any musings from non-sleuthable individuals it sure does look like she just left willingly. If there was any blood or dna on the missing sheet couldn't it have traveled to the mattress? Unless like a PP said she or someone else just used it to gather money or important papers. This is frustrating and I feel for the family but I feel like there is something missing. Laina and other family may not be coming forward (publicly) with information that may be helpful or they may not even realize is helpful. I have mixed feelings on the dog because when they feel neglected they may act differently.

Thanks to all who posted the information from the podcast, namely that she left her whole keychain, including her house keys with the mechanic. Knowing this does raise my hinky meter towards the mechanic shop. It could be just a coincidence that Sandra disappeared on the night after which she dropped of her car and keys, then again it might not be. Just because Sandra's family knew and trusted the mechanic to fix their car, doesn't mean he wasn't a bad guy, or someone in his shop was. How many cases do we see where the perp is a trusted neighbor, a good guy, no can't imagine they would do something type?

That said, it is such an obvious avenue of investigation that I can't imagine it hasn't been ruled out, but it is possible someone had an alibi, or was provided one. Or since Sandra hasn't been found, there simply isn't enough to go on either way yet.

But I personally do not believe she left willingly. Not at all.

Thanks to all who posted the information from the podcast, namely that she left her whole keychain, including her house keys with the mechanic. Knowing this does raise my hinky meter towards the mechanic shop. It could be just a coincidence that Sandra disappeared on the night after which she dropped of her car and keys, then again it might not be. Just because Sandra's family knew and trusted the mechanic to fix their car, doesn't mean he wasn't a bad guy, or someone in his shop was. How many cases do we see where the perp is a trusted neighbor, a good guy, no can't imagine they would do something type?

That said, it is such an obvious avenue of investigation that I can't imagine it hasn't been ruled out, but it is possible someone had an alibi, or was provided one. Or since Sandra hasn't been found, there simply isn't enough to go on either way yet.

But I personally do not believe she left willingly. Not at all.

I don't see the mechanic doing this.. or anyone in his shop. The only reason I could think of if that was true is if she mentioned keeping money or valuables at home but even so. If she is dead which it does look that way I am more inclined to believe it was family or a friend. I don't know if she left willingly it just looks that way to me. I believe that she was lured out by someone close to her and taken somewhere and probably killed.

I don't see the mechanic doing this.. or anyone in his shop. The only reason I could think of if that was true is if she mentioned keeping money or valuables at home but even so. If she is dead which it does look that way I am more inclined to believe it was family or a friend. I don't know if she left willingly it just looks that way to me. I believe that she was lured out by someone close to her and taken somewhere and probably killed.

I think if she was killed, she was killed in the house. If it was a "soft" kill, like strangulation, the fitted sheet may have been taken as a convenient way to wrap her up and get her out, rather than because of blood. Of course it would also contain other evidence, such as the killer's DNA. But I don't disagree with you that a family member or "friend" are very likely suspect as well.

According to her daughter in the podcast, Sandra didn't really interact with the mechanic shop that day at all. If I heard and understood this correctly, her son-in-law was the one who did all the talking/arrangements at the shop. So I think it's pretty unlikely anyone at the shop was told or overheard anything about Sandra living alone/having or not having money or valuables, etc.

Sandra is also a very tall woman. Not that that means too much, but not a small statured woman. Just also hoping as all that the State Police etc, are on a trail carefully.

Yes, Sandra is listed as 5 9. But I guess I don't understand your comment about police on a trail carefully?

I think if she was killed, she was killed in the house. If it was a "soft" kill, like strangulation, the fitted sheet may have been taken as a convenient way to wrap her up and get her out, rather than because of blood. Of course it would also contain other evidence, such as the killer's DNA. But I don't disagree with you that a family member or "friend" are very likely suspect as well.
Just a thought, if Sandra was murdered by a family member, and the state police collected evidence wouldn't that through off the investigation? Like prints? Family I'm sure we're at Sandra's house at different times so it would be expected to be there?

Just a thought, if Sandra was murdered by a family member, and the state police collected evidence wouldn't that through off the investigation? Like prints? Family I'm sure we're at Sandra's house at different times so it would be expected to be there?
Most likely not the ones that may have carried out what happened..if that is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout