MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm new to WS and I've been reading the KV and VM threads. I'm not really sure I'm even commenting correctly, so please forgive me if I'm not. I'm not far from Howard Beach at all, so I've taken an interest in the KV case since day 1. I also happen to have friends of friends of the Vetrano family. Today I was reading a post from fox 5 ny regarding VM's funeral and KV's grandma replied to a comment made by a woman saying she believes there's a connection between the two cases. The grandmother stated "you're not the only one" so I'm wondering if the family is just suspicious or if they have some info linking the 2.

Welcome to Websleuths.

She was found near Connors lane/old Connors lane. Focus on the properties near there.
Oooh so she was found up by where the cars lined the road (I posted a pic some where in this thread) and not down by the cart path? I just looked up Conners Lane so the info I just posted was wrong (about the date the house sold).

Looks like the property you are talking about last sold on 11/04/2002. So VM would have been 13 when the new owners moved in. Did VM live there as a teen?

I'm not sure that's the same house I was referencing.

I don't know when VM's mom moved there but it sounded more like after HS. Why?

Did he post any pics of Howard Beach or Rockaway? Youngsters moving to Queens often move to Long Island City, Woodside, and Forest Hills because of the easy commute into NYC. Those areas aren't anywhere near Howard Beach.

Not that I'm aware. But his business endeavours did seem to bring him in all sorts of different parts of the city.

Hi everyone. I'm new to WS and I've been reading the KV and VM threads. I'm not really sure I'm even commenting correctly, so please forgive me if I'm not. I'm not far from Howard Beach at all, so I've taken an interest in the KV case since day 1. I also happen to have friends of friends of the Vetrano family. Today I was reading a post from fox 5 ny regarding VM's funeral and KV's grandma replied to a comment made by a woman saying she believes there's a connection between the two cases. The grandmother stated "you're not the only one" so I'm wondering if the family is just suspicious or if they have some info linking the 2.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Oooh so she was found up by where the cars lined the road (I posted a pic some where in this thread) and not down by the cart path? I just looked up Conners Lane so the info I just posted was wrong (about the date the house sold).

Connors lane is the cart path. It use to cut through all the way but now it's a dead end road. The end section where it's overgrown is the "cart path"......or that at least appears to be the location given images and info we've been given to date.

Connors lane is the cart path. It use to cut through all the way but now it's a dead end road. The end section where it's overgrown is the "cart path"......or that at least appears to be the location given images and info we've been given to date.

It's been a looooong day for me. I finally figured out what you meant when I looked at the map again (the dotted line is old Conners Lane). So it is the house I was talking about that last sold in 2002.

She was found on the cart path but the path leads to the Connors lane property.

Welcome to WS Laura817 :)
Indeed very interesting information.
Could you please post a link to that news report you mentioned ?

Locals, is the terrain very similar in both of the areas where these women ran? Still thinking along the lines of the attack and murder of KV (as a random female jogger, or possibly not so random) being an attempt to see if the attack and murder of VM was possible. I am interested to know if these running trails are alike in their foliage and ground cover. Thank you!

Locals, is the terrain very similar in both of the areas where these women ran? Still thinking along the lines of the attack and murder of KV (as a random female jogger, or possibly not so random) being an attempt to see if the attack and murder of VM was possible. I am interested to know if these running trails are alike in their foliage and ground cover.

VM was running on the road, and KV was on a mowed path through tall weeds. I'm wondering how the cart path compares to the area KV was running though. I hadn't thought of that.

Link? :tyou:

It's been a looooong day for me. I finally figured out what you meant when I looked at the map again (the dotted line is old Conners Lane). So it is the house I was talking about that last sold in 2002.

Not according to the last sold date I saw for it. I think you may be looking at a different property.

Is it possible she was jogging on the cart path?

I wouldn't think so because it goes to private property. But perhaps if she was going to meet someone intentionally and that was an access point.

Locals, is the terrain very similar in both of the areas where these women ran? Still thinking along the lines of the attack and murder of KV (as a random female jogger, or possibly not so random) being an attempt to see if the attack and murder of VM was possible. I am interested to know if these running trails are alike in their foliage and ground cover. Thank you!
They're not alike alike but I suppose that area might be the closest thing to Princeton woods near them in New York.

I believe it was on the closed thread, but I'm curious about the reference that someone made to "scanner traffic" or the possibility that the perp could have been related to a first responder scenario. I assume the reference was to LE radio traffic on the day VM was located. Do we have any additional insight into that and how that may impact any POI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator