MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the link you posted. It's in the August 18th Landmark.....and it's under the Tuesday August 9th date.

The call was reported exactly as I stated because I copy and pasted it, it's the first entry for Princeton for that date. It would have been the Tuesday after the murder.

Yes I looked past it. Thank you.
I just think links on posts help other members and guests follow the case easier.
Hope this helps.

I think there was a few routes she ran in Princeton, not just one.

But I don't think someone would rely on year old data and assume it still applies either

To me if someone used that app to track her, they would have to have been on her current friends list.
She always started from her house though. They didn't get her far from home, and she started there always.

The vehicle could have been used various ways. He could have abducted her into the vehicle and then drove with her there. He could have abducted her on her run closer to his home and used vehicle to bring her there, or he could have been on foot abducting her and doing it there and only used vehicle to go back with items to cover it up.

What about the report of the dirt bike left on the side of the road?

She always started from her house though. They didn't get her far from home, and she started there always.

She didn't always head north though.

Still I'm not saying they couldn't have used this app, but if they did I think it would have to be someone who she was friends with through that app. Not a stranger tracking her via that app. If your stalking someon I just don't think, in my opinion they would rely on old data and just assume it applied at present. But if course that just my opinion.

Here is a map that shows the cemetery in relation to where she was found. The purple marker being her bodies location, the cemetery is in the top right.

View attachment 102343
Hmmm...I'm a tad confused. (Great photo) The "cart path":
is it part of the long driveway or road to the house where it deadends? Is it where the body was found a separate entrance than where you enter to go to the house?

Sorry if I'm asking a question that's probably been answered
but I'm a visual person and this pic really gives me a better feel for the surrounding area.

Does the Sock man live around there?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

She didn't always head north though.

Still I'm not saying they couldn't have used this app, but if they did I think it would have to be someone who she was friends with through that app. Not a stranger tracking her via that app. If your stalking someon I just don't think, in my opinion they would rely on old data and just assume it applied at present. But if course that just my opinion.
I had only seen routes with her heading north from her house. It's not that crazy of an assumption. Most runners are creatures of habit when it comes to their routes. If they knew she was in Princeton, they'd know the approximate route, and wouldn't have to be exact since it happened on her street and so close to home.

I had only seen routes with her heading north from her house. It's not that crazy of an assumption. Most runners are creatures of habit when it comes to their routes. If they knew she was in Princeton, they'd know the approximate route, and wouldn't have to be exact since it happened on her street and so close to home.

I respect your opinion, but in my mind find it unlikely that someone used that app to track her, unless they were on her friends list.

Here is the distance and space btw wheeler/ball hill and the crime scene. The purple dot is the crime scene.

The red is where wheeler road is. The road running along the bottom is Ball Hill, so you can follow wheeler road over and se where it meets up with ball hill.

I guess he could have crossed the road and gone through these woods...but if his bike was found there, how did he get away?

image.jpg

Hmmm...I'm a tad confused. (Great photo) The "cart path":
is it part of the long driveway or road to the house where it deadends? Is it where the body was found a separate entrance than where you enter to go to the house?

Sorry if I'm asking a question that's probably been answered
but I'm a visual person and this pic really gives me a better feel for the surrounding area.

Does the Sock man live around there?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The cart path is the end if Connors lane that us no longer used as a road and has grown over, it directly leads to private property. Where the driveway of the house at the end if the cart path starts, is where the paved part of Connors lane begins. Connors lane us therefor a dead end.

This picture shows were the paved part of Connors lane ends

image.jpg

Btw I couldn't help but notice thus grassy area when I zoomed in and couldn't help but wonder if this could have been the mowed area we were seeing with crime scene tape ?

image.jpg

Agreed! With few variations (ice or injury), I have run the same route since moving here 20 years ago. And when I return to my hometown, I run the same route I ran in 1978.

The request for vehicle sightings is perplexing. A bicycle or on foot makes much more sense to me. I would imagine he wouldn't want to be seen leaving via the cart path knowing a body would be found there at some point. I could see him skirting the houses on Connor Lane by staying in the woods and then exiting to Boylston via the cemetery. If the photo of the evidence guys in the mowed area is from the cemetery, perhaps he dropped something in his haste as he tried to hop over the rocks and downed tree.

The Google streetview from Boylston looking toward Connor Lane shows man walking a dog. For the locals, I am wondering if the cemetery/Connor Lane are used by area walkers. I assume there is a public right of way to the cemetery?

Agreed! With few variations (ice or injury), I have run the same route since moving here 20 years ago. And when I return to my hometown, I run the same route I ran in 1978.

The request for vehicle sightings is perplexing. A bicycle or on foot makes much more sense to me. I would imagine he wouldn't want to be seen leaving via the cart path knowing a body would be found there at some point. I could see him skirting the houses on Connor Lane by staying in the woods and then exiting to Boylston via the cemetery. If the photo of the evidence guys in the mowed area is from the cemetery, perhaps he dropped something in his haste as he tried to hop over the rocks and downed tree.

The Google streetview from Boylston looking toward Connor Lane shows man walking a dog. For the locals, I am wondering if the cemetery/Connor Lane are used by area walkers. I assume there is a public right of way to the cemetery?

The vehicle issue is perplexing. It only makes me think it wasn't part of the original plan...and he resorted to possibly using it after things went wrong and he ran out of time , trying to rush to cover things up.

If he lived nearby and attacked her on her running route, he more than likely would want to avoid adding evidence of her being in his vehicle

I decided to improve my understanding of blow torches so did some research.

I learned there are mini-torches that are small enough to fit in cargo pants pockets. There are small models that can easily be carried in student-sized backpacks. I can see the perp routinely having this item on his person. A blow torch could serve many uses: Intimidation, control, weapon, and means to destroy DNA evidence. Easier to explain than a concealed gun if the carrier is questioned by police. In addition to plumbers and welders, jewelers and chefs use the smaller varieties. It's not like the guy needs to carry around a tank. Really easy for him to subdue her and start a controlled fire, I believe.

I posted to this yesterday but it must have went off into cyberspace. Being from New England I have been through Princeton many times. I do not think this was a stranger but of course there is always the possibility it could be.
I will go along the lines that this was someone somewhat local. Knew how to get it done and get away. Most likely knew her or of her. Seen her jogging over a period of time. As she put up a fight and the perp possibly has scratches/marks he was able to afford to hide out for awhile, maybe even out of state and away.
I honestly thought there would be some good pertinant leads by now made public. I was hoping anyway.

It just seems to me things went all wrong for him due to her fighting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member