MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think being an only child makes her schedule more routine. Another reason she went to private setting was if she was indeed using the exercise excise in order to see someone...

if it was a secret fling it is fair to say LE is on him but just does not have enough to indict.

That's a big part of it for me and why I don't believe it was a secret fling. Law-enforcement knew it was a secret fling they would indeed have someone pinned down already and they would not be asking the public if anyone saw a dark SUV. For people that would respond by saying maybe they were looking for corroboration because they knew that the fling had a dark SUV, asking the public to verify that a dark SUV was seen there is a kin to the cart leading the horse, begging the question, whatever you want to call it, that tactic would not stand up in court.

Good thought. A possibility IMO.

I'd like to bring up the related topic of LE's statement about the perp's knowledge of area. I made mental note of the wording because I think LE chooses wording very carefully. I saw some questions recently from ForensicMass and perhaps others on this topic, but didn't have chance to post at that time.

LE said that perp has (or likely has) knowledge of the "broad area." The word broad could be meaningful, IMO. I mean a perp who was local who didn't go much beyond the local area could have also commited this crime. I'm wondering why they would determine that he had knowledge of "broad" area? That to me implies he could travel for his job or had lived in area a long time and isn't the type to stay local. The wording could mean nothing, but it seems potentially meaningful. I'm wondering if they found something at the CS that leads them to believe he has knowledge of broad area?

One thought on this: perhaps the use of the word broad is to differentiate It from the thinking that the perp knew specifically of the cart path. In other words, LE is uncertain about whether the perp knew about the path specifically. They did not want to imply that they had reason to suspect that he did specifically know about the path, or that neighborhood, because perhaps they don't. Also they do not want the public to mentally exclude someone who doesn't live in that immediate vicinity but rather wants the public to take notice of a broader range of suspects.

Does anyone recall the back in the first thread someone mentioned that a post had been made to and then promptly removed from Vanessa's Twitter account? It reportedly said "rot in h***".

Anyway not sure if there's any thing to that, but I was just thinking of that phrase.

The sentiment in that statement certainly is parallel with the act that was carried out on her. It's also not really a phrase that I hear many 20 somethings using. It seems to be more a phrase from my moms generation. She was born in 1956. It's also a phrase that I think I've mostly heard females use. Maybe that's just nothing but my own personal experience.

I was reminded of the phrase when my mind was wondering about perhaps a scorned woman whose husband had been having an affair with VM. I really see any such scenario as very unlikely. I know a child can keep something from her parents pretty easily. But it's another thing altogether to have the FBI going through everything you own and looking at everything you've done in the last six months or a year and not being able to turn up something tying you to this person. That seems to be one part of the secrecy theory that no one is discussing. Everyone keeps talking about how she could have hid things from her friends and parents. I don't see how that matters at this point. I'm sure law-enforcement has searched every nook and cranny of her electronic life, her Princeton and New York homes- every drawer. Cubby coat and note, desperately searching for a clue. People can hide things sure. But it is pretty difficult to hide things from the FBI and state police when you are not there to guard the secrets. They would know if she was involved with someone by now I firmly believe that. And if that were the case they would know by now if that person was responsible I also firmly believe that. That's not to say that my firm beliefs are always correct.

Does someone have any information on the specific time frame when Vanessa was diagnosed with Crohn's. I know it was written somewhere but I can't remember where

Here’s another idea regarding the “WHO” that I’ve seen this mentioned briefly in a couple of other posts. How about local delivery drivers – FedEx / UPS? They would be familiar with the area but not necessarily Princeton residents, they could have seen VM out running, and may even have come into contact with VM directly if delivering a package to her house.

What if a driver somehow comes in contact with VM during a standard delivery then uses his delivery route to further track her movements and become familiar with the area in the vicinity of her house/jogging route. Maybe he even obtains information about her through the delivery system – name, address, etc. From there it doesn’t take much to do a little cyber-stalking and learn much more about her routines – as we’ve shown via Map My Run, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

Oh that's a horrible thought!!! I say that out of defense, husband has been at Fedex for 20 years..but honestly it is a theory worth discussing. Couriers DO get to know everything about their routes. I have heard so many stories. I will ask the husband tonight his view on this. He does deliver in a remote area of washington state, wooded back roads etc..he sees alot of the same people, things, vehicles, routines, things at people's homes that seem off.

Does someone have any information on the specific time frame when Vanessa was diagnosed with Crohn's. I know it was written somewhere but I can't remember where

Yes - her Go Fund Me page lists it as "in the winter of 2015."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone recall the back in the first thread someone mentioned that a post had been made to and then promptly removed from Vanessa's Twitter account? It reportedly said "rot in h***".

Anyway not sure if there's any thing to that, but I was just thinking of that phrase.

The sentiment in that statement certainly is parallel with the act that was carried out on her. It's also not really a phrase that I hear many 20 somethings using. It seems to be more a phrase from my moms generation. She was born in 1956. It's also a phrase that I think I've mostly heard females use. Maybe that's just nothing but my own personal experience.

I was reminded of the phrase when my mind was wondering about perhaps a scorned woman whose husband had been having an affair with VM. I really see any such scenario as very unlikely. I know a child can keep something from her parents pretty easily. But it's another thing altogether to have the FBI going through everything you own and looking at everything you've done in the last six months or a year and not being able to turn up something tying you to this person. That seems to be one part of the secrecy theory that no one is discussing. Everyone keeps talking about how she could have hid things from her friends and parents. I don't see how that matters at this point. I'm sure law-enforcement has searched every nook and cranny of her electronic life, her Princeton and New York homes- every drawer. Cubby coat and note, desperately searching for a clue. People can hide things sure. But it is pretty difficult to hide things from the FBI and state police when you are not there to guard the secrets. They would know if she was involved with someone by now I firmly believe that. And if that were the case they would know by now if that person was responsible I also firmly believe that. That's not to say that my firm beliefs are always correct.
Was that comment made on twitter removed? I remember reading it. Not a nice comment to make, but looking at it from another angle, it could have been one of her best friends being sarcastic. I know people that say to others "I hate you" or "I am going to kill you." But they don't really mean it.

Yes - her Go Fund Me page lists it as "in the winter of 2015."

Hmmm are there any other specific references? Because to me that sounds like Jan 2015, not Dec 2015, since winter doesn't actually begin until Dec 21.

Was that comment made on twitter removed? I remember reading it. Not a nice comment to make, but looking at it from another angle, it could have been one of her best friends being sarcastic. I know people that say to others "I hate you" or "I am going to kill you." But they don't really mean it.

I could be wrong but it seemed like when I read it in the beginning of the first thread that the post was removed after it was made and it seemed that the post was made after she was killed which certainly would not be done in a jokingly way, if that was in fact the case.

I could be wrong but it seemed like when I read it in the beginning of the first thread that the post was removed after it was made and it seemed that the post was made after she was killed which certainly would not be done in a jokingly way, if that was in fact the case.
Ok, I don't remember the date it was posted, but I do remember scrolling down a bit to read it, and I agree, if it was made after her being killed, it wasn't meant to be a joke.

Hmmm are there any other specific references? Because to me that sounds like Jan 2015, not Dec 2015, since winter doesn't actually begin until Dec 21.

That's all the Go Fund Me page says and I don't remember any other sources that discussed her having Crohns. We did talk about it quite a bit on here - maybe someone else remembers?

Yes they would have access to all of that...but it doesn't mean that info in itself has given them what they need to make an arrest and it doesn't mean that would make that type of private info public until they had enough for an arrest. So no media reports and no arrest doesn't wipe away that as a possibility. At least not in my mind. In fact something along those lines would align much closer to things I have heard "not random" and also make a lot more of the story make sense, again at least to me.

Also to the point that she had in a way residences in two states...and this stuff to comb through in both states...is enough of a reason alone for the FBI's involvement.

I think it's very possible they are on to someone but are still gathering what they need for an arrest.

That would be a really thing for a "friend" to write after a murder...even sarcastically.

Oh that's a horrible thought!!! I say that out of defense, husband has been at Fedex for 20 years..but honestly it is a theory worth discussing. Couriers DO get to know everything about their routes. I have heard so many stories. I will ask the husband tonight his view on this. He does deliver in a remote area of washington state, wooded back roads etc..he sees alot of the same people, things, vehicles, routines, things at people's homes that seem off.

Ya know the more I think about the courier theory the more I say no..I say that because when, and this is just my opinion of being married to one for 20 years, when something happens, especially something like VM, I know for a fact my husband would come home and say " you know what happened on so and so route". Even if it was on the weekend when they aren't working. And with the description of a vehicle, it would just seem obvious. Especially in a smaller town..just IMO

Here is an article I found regarding her routine, and it is just as I remember. We hear THIRDHAND (from someone who heard from Vanessa's uncle) that Vanessa had a routine of jogging before returning to New York. It does not specify That the jog was IMMEDIATELY before leaving for NY. that seems to be inferred information and not direct information, to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mass...ive_things_we_know_about_vanessa_marcotte.amp

Here is an article I found regarding her routine, and it is just as I remember. We hear THIRDHAND (from someone who heard from Vanessa's uncle) that Vanessa had a routine of jogging before returning to New York. It does not specify That the jog was IMMEDIATELY before leaving for NY. that seems to be inferred information and not direct information, to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mass...ive_things_we_know_about_vanessa_marcotte.amp

As I have said you are entitled to your opinion. But you aren't convincing me that year old SM data is more reliable then second hand info from her family...no matter how many ways you try to phrase it.

Again you can follow whatever you would like, but that doesn't mean others have to or will. and that's ok you don't have to keep trying to convince us.

Ya know the more I think about the courier theory the more I say no..I say that because when, and this is just my opinion of being married to one for 20 years, when something happens, especially something like VM, I know for a fact my husband would come home and say " you know what happened on so and so route". Even if it was on the weekend when they aren't working. And with the description of a vehicle, it would just seem obvious. Especially in a smaller town..just IMO

Thanks for the insight - it's exactly what I don't have!

So, it sounds like you're in agreement that a courier could learn a lot about a customer just through the delivery process. BUT you think that other local drivers would know the personal vehicle of the driver with the Princeton route and if it happened to be a dark SUV, someone might talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member