MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't sure if the direct police announcement regarding the SUV had been posted or just articles on it. But just in case here it is...it's from Princeton Police Debt FB page.

IMG_1598.jpg

Has anything ever been published about any past relationships that VM might have had?

Has anything ever been published about any past relationships that VM might have had?

IIRC, she had a boyfriend in the past, but who is not considered a suspect.

What is significant to me, in terms of considering love interests, is that VM had Crohn's disease and was diagnosed with it not that long ago (a year ago, was it?). I do not have personal experience with that disease, but I do have a friend a bit younger than VM who was recently diagnosed, and I have seen the complications that disease brings to a person's life. I consider it an important detail when considering her romantic life.

jmOPINION

IIRC, she had a boyfriend in the past, but who is not considered a suspect.

What is significant to me, in terms of considering love interests, is that VM had Crohn's disease and was diagnosed with it not that long ago (a year ago, was it?). I do not have personal experience with that disease, but I do have a friend a bit younger than VM who was recently diagnosed, and I have seen the complications that disease brings to a person's life. I consider it an important detail when considering her romantic life.

jmOPINION

If there was a relationship of any kind, perhaps it was something that started long before she was diagnosed with crohns or perhaps even someone she became closer to because it was someone she could trust when dealing with Crohns.

While I see your point and I do think it's a valid one. I also do not think crohns completely eliminates the potential for some kind of relationship either.

I definelty am a bit all over the place on the nature of a connection btw VM and the perp depending on the day. But I do feel strongly victim and assailant were known to each other, whether the people who knew them knew of their connection or not.

If there was a relationship of any kind, perhaps it was something that started long before she was diagnosed with crohns or perhaps even someone she became closer to because it was someone she could trust when dealing with Crohns.

While I see your point and I do think it's a valid one. I also do not think crohns completely eliminates the potential for some kind of relationship either.

I definelty am a bit all over the place on the nature of a connection btw VM and the perp depending on the day. But I do feel strongly victim and assailant were known to each other, whether the people who knew them knew of their connection or not.

I don't think her health issues eliminates the potential of a relationship, but that it complicates it. Greatly.

If the two do know each other, I don't think they know each other so well that the perp knew about her condition.

Total speculation, jmOPINION.

I do not feel that her condition of chrons disease would stop a relationship. On her behalf maybe somewhat but this was a young woman that had her whole life ahead of her so I doubt it would cause her not to have any relationships at all say for the rest of her life. Maybe someone that had their eye on her and might not even know. Someone she knew or met and knew her or of her.

I do not feel that her condition of chrons disease would stop a relationship. On her behalf maybe somewhat but this was a young woman that had her whole life ahead of her so I doubt it would cause her not to have any relationships at all say for the rest of her life. Maybe someone that had their eye on her and might not even know. Someone she knew or met and knew her or of her.

I agree that the condition would not prevent romance for the rest of her life.

Are you familiar with Crohn's? I am. It makes intimacy a challenge. Since she was rather recently diagnosed, I can totally understand if she put her romantic life on hold for awhile.

But, perhaps, I'm wrong.

jmopinion

If it was a lay-in-wait crime, 1pm or thereabouts in the middle of Summer seems a strange time to be waiting for a victim. From personal experience, I've been running for pretty much every day for the last 5 years, and only go in the mornings or just before sunset - as with most other runners. To be waiting at that time of day in the middle of Summer indicates to me that the perp has seen other young ladies running down that road at that time on weekends or, less likely given that she was only in town 4 days out of every month, VM herself.

If it was a lay-in-wait crime, 1pm or thereabouts in the middle of Summer seems a strange time to be waiting for a victim. From personal experience, I've been running for pretty much every day for the last 5 years, and only go in the mornings or just before sunset - as with most other runners. To be waiting at that time of day in the middle of Summer indicates to me that the perp has seen other young ladies running down that road at that time on weekends or, less likely given that she was only in town 4 days out of every month, VM herself.

I agree.

If it was a lay-in-wait crime, I think the perp was waiting for her.

I'm just not convinced that was lay-in-wait. I still hold onto the idea that it was a rapist who took the opportunity when he happened to see her.

I do see how it could be a local, but I also can see someone who happened to be there when she was. Perhaps he saw her as he drove by, scoped out a place to grab her, circled around until he could grab her near the cart road...and then pounced.

I'm totally on the fence with theories, but I don't think it was an ongoing love interest.

jmOPINION.

I agree.

If it was a lay-in-wait crime, I think the perp was waiting for her.

I'm just not convinced that was lay-in-wait. I still hold onto the idea that it was a rapist who took the opportunity when he happened to see her.

I do see how it could be a local, but I also can see someone who happened to be there when she was. Perhaps he saw her as he drove by, scoped out a place to grab her, circled around until he could grab her near the cart road...and then pounced.

I'm totally on the fence with theories, but I don't think it was an ongoing love interest.

jmOPINION.

My only problem with that theory is that she was only a half mile from home. If she saw a car pass her soon after she left her Mom's house, and then just a short time later saw it parked by the side of the road, I have difficulty believing she would have continued on - or at least not continued on down the side of the road where the vehicle was parked particularly if there was no other traffic around.

My only problem with that theory is that she was only a half mile from home. If she saw a car pass her soon after she left her Mom's house, and then just a short time later saw it parked by the side of the road, I have difficulty believing she would have continued on - or at least not continued on down the side of the road where the vehicle was parked particularly if there was no other traffic around.

You think she'd turn around and go back if she saw a car pass her twice or a car parked along side the road?

Maybe.

Or maybe she'd just run past not thinking someone was about to grab her.

Hard to know.

Hope for a break in the case soon.

I'm not sure, but think it's likely she would have at least crossed the other side of the road - particularly if it was otherwise deserted. That's assuming that the car was visible. Given the layout of BS road, it can't be ruled out that if there was a vehicle, that it was parked just a little way down the cart path - out of sight of somebody running down the right-hand side of BS Road.

I'm not sure, but think it's likely she would have at least crossed the other side of the road - particularly if it was otherwise deserted. That's assuming that the car was visible. Given the layout of BS road, it can't be ruled out that if there was a vehicle, that it was parked just a little way down the cart path - out of sight of somebody running down the right-hand side of BS Road.

Maybe she would cross the road. What if the guy called out to her, asking for directions perhaps? Maybe she would then approach him - she seems like a kind person who would help someone, perhaps feeling comfortable on the small-town road near her mom's home.

Of course, I have no idea what happened. It's just my hunch that it was a crime of opportunity.

My opinion is worth what you paid for it. :)

jmo

I agree that it was a crime of opportunity, and that VM did not know her killer.

I also think she was taken by surprise, just near the end of the guard rail - hence nobody heard any screaming because he smothered the sound of it.

I agree that it was a crime of opportunity, and that VM did not know her killer.

I also think she was taken by surprise, just near the end of the guard rail - hence nobody heard any screaming because he smothered the sound of it.

Two things that do not make sense to me for a crime of opportunity...one is the fact VM was only in town 4 days a month. It was summer with HS and college kids out of school, it seems like a slim chance that the random person he stumbled upon would be one of the rare runners from out of town...not impossible of course, statistically though, slimmer.

The second thing is that if it were a crime of opportunity it still had to be someone who knew the area, which would be more believable if similar crimes had happened locally before. And while there was abductions in Sturbridge and Warren of a 10 and 16 year old within the past few decades they aren't the same MO, and they are also over 40 minutes away.

Two things that do not make sense to me for a crime of opportunity...one is the fact VM was only in town 4 days a month. It was summer with HS and college kids out of school, it seems like a slim chance that the random person he stumbled upon would be one of the rare runners from out of town...not impossible of course, statistically though, slimmer.

The second thing is that if it were a crime of opportunity it still had to be someone who knew the area, which would be more believable if similar crimes had happened locally before. And while there was abductions in Sturbridge and Warren of a 10 and 16 year old within the past few decades they aren't the same MO, and they are also over 40 minutes away.

I appreciate your thoughts. However if he decided to act that weekend (perhaps 'inspired' by the Vetrano murder only days before) VM had as much chance of being a victim as anybody else. Also, as an FBI profiler said about this case, given the shocking nature of the violence it's more likely to have been committed by somebody that didn't know her. I agree with you that he knew the area though.

Another thing that's really influenced me that VM was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time is one of the posters on here saying that he's driven that road 6 times since the murder, and all times he has seen at least a few cars driving on it every time. Given that there don't seem to have been any witnesses, perhaps VM was the victim because she just happened to be the person passing by (assuming he was waiting just by the guard rail) when there happened to be no traffic.

A crime of opportunity doesn't mean he was sitting on that spot waiting for a victim to happen by. By crime of opportunity, I mean that the perp would strike whenever he had the opportunity - whether it was then and there or elsewhere at a different time.

The opportunity wasn't particular to that place or that time or that day, but rather that there was a perp with a desire to attack and he did when he could. If VM wasn't there, he wouldn't have attacked anyone at that time - he would just keep doing whatever he was doing that day. If he encountered another opportunity elsewhere, maybe he would've attacked a different woman.

Maybe he was driving around looking for a victim, but I'm thinking he was just going through his regular day and when his sick mind saw Vanessa, he saw an opportunity.

He could be local or not, IDK. Probably at least someone who knew enough of the area to be able to locate a secluded spot like the cart road offered.

jmOPINION

Published in multiple news articles. From her Instagram account.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Sorry JEF. I overreacted on the photo. I had never seen it before and when you posted it, I thought for a fleeting second that you had taken it!

It seemed to me to be an intimate photo. 2 people enjoying a cup of coffee. It was a lovely photo of her.
I seem to be the only one who thought her left eye looked bruised, though.

Anyway, I'm sorry.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

A crime of opportunity doesn't mean he was sitting on that spot waiting for a victim to happen by. By crime of opportunity, I mean that the perp would strike whenever he had the opportunity - whether it was then and there or elsewhere at a different time.

The opportunity wasn't particular to that place or that time or that day, but rather that there was a perp with a desire to attack and he did when he could. If VM wasn't there, he wouldn't have attacked anyone at that time - he would just keep doing whatever he was doing that day. If he encountered another opportunity elsewhere, maybe he would've attacked a different woman.

This makes the most sense to me; it feels like a wrong place/wrong time kind of situation. If not VM it could have been some other young woman that day if an opportunity to strike existed for this perp.

I appreciate your thoughts. However if he decided to act that weekend (perhaps 'inspired' by the Vetrano murder only days before) VM had as much chance of being a victim as anybody else. Also, as an FBI profiler said about this case, given the shocking nature of the violence it's more likely to have been committed by somebody that didn't know her. I agree with you that he knew the area though.

Another thing that's really influenced me that VM was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time is one of the posters on here saying that he's driven that road 6 times since the murder, and all times he has seen at least a few cars driving on it every time. Given that there don't seem to have been any witnesses, perhaps VM was the victim because she just happened to be the person passing by (assuming he was waiting just by the guard rail) when there happened to be no traffic.

I don't see someone being inspired by the KV murder, as the KV murder wasn't made into a big story up here until after VM's murder....there were also only a few days btw the crimes if they planned it...and if they didn't then they got really lucky having supplies on hand.

Also NO statistically VM did not have as high of a chance as anyone else. There are far more locals in town so happening on a local is far more likely, happening on a visitor far less likely....that's basic stats....if you have a bowl with all green balls and one blue ball and you close your eyes your chances of grabbing a blue ball are much higher then grabbing the green one. So no she in fact did not have as likely a chance of being the victim of opportunity as a local would have.

I just feel for a crime of opportunity there are a lot of slim statistical chances coming into play all at once...again not impossible but statistically less likely.

Lastly i would say more violence is more personal not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13