MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Been a while. I've been in and out of hospital, and then there has been, of course, life's toil in general, but I think of Vanessa every single day.

In several cases, including those of Vanessa's and Karina Vetrano's, the police have reported that the young women put up particularly good fights during the attack. I had a general idea of how that would be determined, but watching a show yesterday about autopsies (I go for uplifting programming on Saturday nights) brought some clarity. The autopsy was done on a young woman who had been strangled. One way they determined that she fought tooth and nail was that most of her fingers were broken. Of course, she was also covered in bruises. They found blood and some flesh on her teeth -- not her own, so she got a good chomp on him, too. The examiner said in case of attack, bite. That while women may not have equivalent upper body strength to a man, she can always go for biting....

Anyhow, that is it for now. I'm trying to remain positive that we will see this monster in cuffs before the anniversary of Vanessa''s murder.

Hey all,

Been a while. I've been in and out of hospital, and then there has been, of course, life's toil in general, but I think of Vanessa every single day.

In several cases, including those of Vanessa's and Karina Vetrano's, the police have reported that the young women put up particularly good fights during the attack. I had a general idea of how that would be determined, but watching a show yesterday about autopsies (I go for uplifting programming on Saturday nights) brought some clarity. The autopsy was done on a young woman who had been strangled. One way they determined that she fought tooth and nail was that most of her fingers were broken. Of course, she was also covered in bruises. They found blood and some flesh on her teeth -- not her own, so she got a good chomp on him, too. The examiner said in case of attack, bite. That while women may not have equivalent upper body strength to a man, she can always go for biting....

Anyhow, that is it for now. I'm trying to remain positive that we will see this monster in cuffs before the anniversary of Vanessa''s murder.

I'm not surprised there hasn't been an arrest as I believe this is very likely someone Vanessa did not know and stranger crimes are harder to solve. But I do believe this predator left too much evidence behind and one day he'll slip up somewhere else and prints or DNA will tie him to this murder. He just needs to keep running and looking over his shoulder.

I agree with this.
I have said in the past, that, if the SUV is involved, there were two people, for the reasons you state.
Here's my question to anyone that wants to comment.
LE stated in the last press release that the "snapshot" DNA testing not only answers a lot of questions about what this guy may look like, but it also matches the reports describing the man driving the SUV.
If Snapshot can not determine the height of someone, then how does LE know he is of "average height?"
To me, there are only two ways. Either he was spotted outside of the SUV, or, someone that spotted him in the SUV was focused enough to determine his height while he was sitting in it.
If it is the latter, then why wasn't this same person/people able to say if there were two people in the SUV? If it's because one guy is in the woods, while the other is parked on the side of BSR, then how does the drivers description match the DNA description.?

There are possibly only two answers to your question. Firstly, perhaps they both spent time with Vanessa separately - each living out their sick fantasies while the other ensured the that the SUV wasn't stuck out on BSR. The first guy did the hard work of taking her into the woods, struggling with her, and restraining her. This is why his DNA is captured...because he was the person who was scratched in the struggle. During this time, the other guy is driving around in the SUV - ensuring it's not left out on BSR. After a period of time, they then swap places. The second guy doesn't have to struggle with Vanessa as she is already restrained. I think it's very likely if there are two people involved, they both would have wanted time with Vanessa. But not together for a long period as the SUV would have been left out on BSR.

The only other possible answer to your question is that the witness statements they are relying on are those that were made in the attempted abductions in June. They match the description given by the Police in Vanessa's case. Perhaps the DNA in Vanessa's case matches the description in the June incidents (in terms of ethnicity and age) so they are going ahead and using the height and short hair description in June for Vanessa's case. They're perhaps convinced there's a link, so they're throwing in the height and short hair thing to narrow the field for the public.

The more time goes by, the more I believe in the connection with the Westborough/Northborough attempted abductions. It does not seem farfetched to me that someone would fail in a semi-busy suburban area, and then relocate their efforts to somewhere more rural.

Growing up, we would often take a little Sunday drive to Mt. Wachusett. A lot of people did. I'm just saying that if you were from central Mass, and you wanted to go somewhere more "rural", that is someplace you would be semi familiar with. I would say that anyone within 35-45 minutes or so grew up going to the mountain to hike, ski, or has at least been to AppleFest or some event. I think Princeton/Mt. Wachusett is a top place a local would think of if they were looking for some alone/quiet time outdoors, if that makes sense. I think that could translate to a sicko thinking it would be a good place to commit a murder without getting caught.

I'm now thinking it could very well be a resident of Northborough or Westborough and I think it would be helpful if LE would perhaps post some signs around town. I've actually been very surprised at how many people in town did not hear about the June attempted abductions! If you're not super active on Facebook, this information was not- in my opinion- highly publicized.

From the article:

"The woman said **the man then put his hands on her window** as she backed out and drove away.

The suspect is described as a dark complexion white or hispanic male, approximately 40-years-old. The woman said he was wearing green outerwear, an American flag bandanna and white do-rag on his head, and light colored **gloves with the finger tips cut off."**

I hope they're able to lift fingerprints from the window.

(Asterisks added for emphasis.)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Princeton and Carlisle are about 45 minutes apart. It would be great if the fingerprints match and they're one step closer to catching this guy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The sketches between the guy in westbro and princeton dont look at all alike. I say its someone else. Different age, different modus operandi. Hope im wrong

From the article:

"The woman said **the man then put his hands on her window** as she backed out and drove away.

The suspect is described as a dark complexion white or hispanic male, approximately 40-years-old. The woman said he was wearing green outerwear, an American flag bandanna and white do-rag on his head, and light colored **gloves with the finger tips cut off."**

I hope they're able to lift fingerprints from the window.

(Asterisks added for emphasis.)

Nice add, BeesInMyBonnet. Was thinking same thing.

Thanks to Gussified for posting this info.

All these incidences just steam me up. I don't think even the most sensitive man knows what it feels like to be a woman, given there are a fair amount of men who range from creepy/bothersome to downright dangerous monsters that target women. If men were being plucked off their running/walking routes in nice residential areas in broad daylight (Vanessa), being prevented from pulling their cars out from anywhere, being on the receiving end of abduction attempts while out running or walking in nice (or any, for that matter) areas during broad daylight (or any time of day, for that matter) (the two incidents that preceded Vanessa's killing by about 6 wks) in the numbers that we see these types of things happening to women, it would be a national emergency!

Meanwhile, as Junebug said (which sadly didn't surprise me),the two abduction cases weren't well publicized.

I'd like to hope that this guy is the same monster that killed Vanessa because that would mean there is one fewer sickos targeting women out there. Unfortunately, however, I'm leaning toward not the same guy. Will save my reasoning for now.

Glad the guy moved and she was able to pull away. Though, if he kept blocking her backing out, I hope she would have run him over. (Though, of course, then she'd likely be charged -- especially in Mass. Check out the case of a woman who simply pulled out a stun gun -- didn't use it, mind you -- against an abusive former significant other against whom she had a restraining order. He comes close to her, and she simply shows him the stun gun -- and next thing you know SHE has charges filed against her. Fortunately, the case got appealed...) Scary encounter for sure. Lessons for women runners/walkers: 1. always carry mace or a stun gun (the latter still not legal in Mass, of course, FWIW); 2. always carry a cell phone.

Had this guy not moved and had this woman not had a cell phone (which is an unknown based upon the linked article), this incident could have ended very badly. At least if she had a weapon on her or in her car and if he bashed in her window, say, she might have been ok.

No wonder "Velma and Louise" was such a hit among women! (For reasons beyond Brad Pitt.)

On a much softer note, I'm thinking of Vanessa's parents and aunt/uncle on this holiday weekend. A "first" holiday/season/birthday/etc. is especially hard for people who have lost a loved one, as many of us know, but it must many times more difficult for people who lost their loved one to such a vicious crime and when that loved one is their child.

Really hope they get this monster -- or these monsters --before he/they strike again. And so that Vanessa's family can see some shred of justice.

Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate it!

PS -- Mainely, sorry to hear you were in the hospital again! And please stay away from this site when you're feeling particularly bad. Mind-body connection is huge, as your smart self no doubt knows.

PPS -- ForensicMass, do you have any more thoughts that you haven't shared? *Action* ideas as to how to move things forward? I'm too busy, as most of us are, to just discuss, discuss. We've got some very bright people on this forum.

Reports starting to trickle out that Vanessa's killer was arrested last night in Worcester, Massachusetts. Stay tuned.

It's now being confirmed by all major news outlet's in Massachusetts. An arrest has been made.

7News Boston WHDH @7News
40s
BREAKING: #7News sources say an arrest has been made in the death of Princeton jogger Vanessa Marcotte.

Bob Ward Fox25 @Bward3
BREAKING: Marcotte suspect lives in Princeton area, and was still here when arrested overnight. This is developing story. #FOX25

Amaka Ubaka @AmakaUbakaTV
BREAKING: Arrest made in connection to the death of Vanessa Marcotte. #7news sources say the suspect is a 31yo man from Worcester.

Katelyn Flint
@KFlintNBCBoston
BREAKING: Sources say suspect is Angel Cordero Ortiz. We are waiting for more information. Stay with @nbcboston @NECN for more details.

Finally! Hopefully we will get justice for Vanessa

Justice for Vanessa!!! THANK YOU!!! I didn't know Vanessa, but this news has made me emotional. I hope they have the right guy. Praying for her family this weekend.

"An arrest has been made in connection to the death of Vanessa Marcotte, according to reports.

State police detained Angel Cordero Ortiz, 31, on Friday night in connection with the slaying of the 27-year-old Google executive, NBC Boston reported.

Her naked body was found near her mom's Massachusetts home on August 7, 2016. Her hands, feet and head were burned."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Google-executive-jogger.html#ixzz4eKgamd99

I'm so glad an arrest has been made in this horrific case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy