MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all -

I came across what I thought was an excellent article (though I have a couple quibbles with it) on serial killers the other day. Not saying Vanessa was killed by a serial killer, but it's worth a read, I think. And some of the info seems to apply to murderers, in general.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garry-rodgers/how-to-avoid-being-murder_b_8707446.html

Coleraine -- thanks for the stats, etc. Will comment soon. "Coleraine" as in Ireland?

I saw something on Crime TV/ID, etc the other day and it was about a serial killer. LE stated that serial killers don't just stop-they keep killer by until they are discovered.

Thanks for the article, searunner. Very interesting and disturbing at the same time. My only quibbles with the article had to do with the dead FBI links the author provided.
I don't necessarily believe Vanessa was killed by a serial killer either. Rather, I see an impulsive decision to attack, perhaps sexually assault, a petite young woman walking/running on a quiet stretch of road, and it turned deadly when she fought back with more strength and force than he expected (I know this is kickoff’s theory and I agree). The murder itself and the attempts to burn her seem like panicked behavior to me. And this is just speculation, of course, but if there is nothing to tie him to Vanessa and no prior arrest record, then I can understand why the investigation might have slowed or even be at a stand-still.

And yes, Coleraine as in Ireland.

With the arrest of Karina Vetrano's killer today (great!) wonder if anyone local is a bit more nervous today..... perhaps someone living alone or with a parent, and who is not working......

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think we can now categorically rule out that the same person was responsible for Vanessa and Karina's murders

So I haven't been reading this thread lately but was on Reddit tonight and looked into if there was anything there I've never heard and someone posted this link https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sa-marcotte/v4ptgVGhrKbjf811rAy9RO/story.html all the usual info except it says ABDUCTED which isn't anything I've heard before so if true does that mean maybe grabbed when jogging not where she was found? May be nothing but I found it odd that I can't recall anyone mentioning that

I agre that they aren't the rhe same killer unless this is some bad cop work and they never compared it but I don't get why they never said it wasn't a match when they had nothing to lose and it would make the public feel safer. So less he had a partner or they never had the DNA from this case to test ot to then I think it's safe to say it's either a copy cat killer or some obsessed dude or somehong like that in my opinion. And for some reason I keep keep thinking maybe a weird family friend who wouldn't be expected but also who they'll be able to see it once he's arrested.

Just wanted to post a quick note in case any of Vanessa's family or friends every check into this site to say that Vanessa is still in my thoughts. Hopefully there will be some news soon. I really believe this sicko is going to be caught.

I'm still holding at the same position as when this horrible crime occurred. And awaiting an arrest. :rose: :rose:

VM was self-reliant and focused on her career. She also felt an importance to volunteer in her community. It is likely she was trained in self defense that gave her a sense of security and, again, a sense of self-reliance. VM was diagnosed with Crohn's. On her final jog, she may have been distracted by thoughts of her future.

UnSub is mentally unstable. He is prone to outbursts. Lives nearby, likely still lives at home with adult parent(s). He makes their lives Hello with his chaos, confusion, outbursts and, possibly, violence or threats of violence. And probably is an insomniac

UnSub is likely someone VM knows, perhaps from tutorial sessions, or at least someone who knows she visits her parents frequently and jogs every other Sunday afternoon in Princeton. If VM knew or recognized her killer then, she was overcome with betrayal of their trust.

Evil Male UnSub was angry, over an unpleasant accumulation of life events, in general, and with women [his mother?], in particular. There was no particular grudge held against VM by this male other than that he was angry, maybe filled with a simmering rage, and he knew he had an opportunity to explode with a vicious attack upon this beautiful, petite, young lady.

This is one of those rare crimes when I don't care to learn every detail of how it happened to understand VMs killer's psychological status. It was horrific for the lovely VM. I do want the one responsible to be punished adequately and sufficiently. And he will be. They will get him. Tick, tock.

jmho and all that jazz :jail: What he thought was done in secret, in the dark, would not expose him. He is so wrong. He is prone to outbursts.

I'm still holding at the same position as when this horrible crime occurred. And awaiting an arrest. :rose: :rose:

VM was self-reliant and focused on her career. She also felt an importance to volunteer in her community. It is likely she was trained in self defense that gave her a sense of security and, again, a sense of self-reliance. VM was diagnosed with Crohn's. On her final jog, she may have been distracted by thoughts of her future.

UnSub is mentally unstable. He is prone to outbursts. Lives nearby, likely still lives at home with adult parent(s). He makes their lives Hello with his chaos, confusion, outbursts and, possibly, violence or threats of violence. And probably is an insomniac

UnSub is likely someone VM knows, perhaps from tutorial sessions, or at least someone who knows she visits her parents frequently and jogs every other Sunday afternoon in Princeton. If VM knew or recognized her killer then, she was overcome with betrayal of their trust.

Evil Male UnSub was angry, over an unpleasant accumulation of life events, in general, and with women [his mother?], in particular. There was no particular grudge held against VM by this male other than that he was angry, maybe filled with a simmering rage, and he knew he had an opportunity to explode with a vicious attack upon this beautiful, petite, young lady.

This is one of those rare crimes when I don't care to learn every detail of how it happened to understand VMs killer's psychological status. It was horrific for the lovely VM. I do want the one responsible to be punished adequately and sufficiently. And he will be. They will get him. Tick, tock.

jmho and all that jazz :jail: What he thought was done in secret, in the dark, would not expose him. He is so wrong. He is prone to outbursts.

This is more or less what I think, too.

I hope they are continuing to collect local DNA samples. I have to believe DNA will be what cracks the case. Not willing to agree to a swab? Well then LE waits as long as it takes to poach DNA from trash. Set up a freaking tent at the local dump if need be. This siccko is going to be nailed. Don't give up.

UPDATE TODAY:
Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr., State Police detectives and Princeton police will give an update on the case at 11 a.m.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/officia...ation-into-murder-of-princeton-jogger/8968915

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! DNA results and a detailed description!
30-ish. Athletic build. Male. Light to medium complexion. Close-cropped or shaven hair. Scratches to face arms hands upper body neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does this make westborough/northboro incidents of this summer more relevant?

Suspect was observed to be light skinned Hispanic with shaved head. It would seem to be a mighty big coincidence if unrelated to northboro Westborough. That's why a couple weeks ago, I got thinking about those previous cases. I'm thinking those incidents may hold the key.

For a synopsis of those cases go. BAck a couple pages. I posted fairly recently.

does this make westborough/northboro incidents of this summer more relevant?

:Welcome1: masscoast.
I am hoping they will make a connection with those attempts. Not with the DNA but with the profile info.

I'm hoping this is the break in the case we've all been waiting for.

I'm hoping this is the break in the case we've all been waiting for.

from the sound of the article the police already knew from witness accounts that the person was of this description It might be a break for us but unfortunately I don't think it offers the police very much in the way of new information I think they already had suspected that the person would fit this description

I'm trying to focus on my work, but feel like it's xmas morning. Not putting the cart before the horse, but I'm so happy that any progress has occured. I know LE is busting their butts to get this monster; hopefully he suddenly demonstrates some odd behavior knowing his description has been released at the press conference today, and also that they have usable DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member